We're gonna end up with Sam Bradford

Dcronin

Doesn't that just feel Jetty?

We already have 4 wins. Potentially 1/3rd of the NFL could want a QB next year.

I just don't see us getting anywhere near a good QB in the first round, but I hope I am wrong.

More likely it seems is like a Saquon Barkley or other offensive weapon if we're lucky, then a free agent QB.

DC

10 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

I just don't see us getting anywhere near a good QB in the first round, but I hope I am wrong.

More likely it seems is like a Saquon Barkley or other offensive weapon if we're lucky, then a free agent QB.

DC

No we won't.

18 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Modern Jetty:  We pass on QB altogether and pick a CB in Round #1, Sign Bradford.  To back up Hackenberg.

90's Jetty:  We throw the bank at Kirk Cousins, 30 mil/year six years.  Cousins gets hurt, never finishes his first year, never plays another snap in NY.

Early 90's Jetty:  We somehow pick Darnold, he's Mark Sanchez meets Browning Nagle.

80's Jetty:   We pass on Mayfield because of "personality issues" and pick Luke Falk instead.  Mayfield becomes the next Drew Brees, Falk becomes the next Richard Todd.

Etc.  Etc.  Etc.

38 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

DC

We have Hack.... he will be fully developed .  Relax. ?

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

DC

Agreed except for drafting offense.  It’s a corner and everyone in the world knows it 

So we just throwing sh*t against the wall these days arent we? Fug it, I'll play....

We gonna contact Jamarcus Russell to play back up after we cut Petty

We gonna chase Kirk Cousins but ultimately he will just use us to drive up his price.

We will chase Alex Smith but he will wind up in the other NY locker room mentoring whatever top QB the Jints pick

We dont want Eli and he dont want us....Jacksonville is calling

Teddy B- Will sign a long term contact with us.................and fail the physical.

Tyrod Taylor will re-sign as a back up in Baltimore

Darnold will stay in school

Rosen will get picked by the Browns

Mayfield will get arrested the day before the draft for a massive amount of unpaid parking tickets.

Jackson will wind up in Jacksonville behind Eli

We will pick Falk in the 2nd rd and he will retire citing the cold weather climate and an ugly uniform.

15 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Realistically the best the Jets are going to pick at is #4, and they'll be 3rd in line for a QB at best.  They should start Hackenberg, lose out, and trade up to get the 49ers pick and take Rosen.

Darnold and Rosen are coming out and both will demand to be traded out of Cleveland a la Eli Manning in 2004

If the jets have the #4 pick overall we have better leverage in negotiations.  Cleveland could still trade down and get Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson

Taking the thread to a more serious route, I honestly don't think Bradford plays another down in the NFL.  Word around the league is that the Vikings analyst (Ben Leber, former NFL LBer) who suggested Bradford may actually have arthritis in the knee might actually be right.  If that's truly the case, his career might he over.

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Modern Jetty:  We pass on QB altogether and pick a CB in Round #1, Sign Bradford.  To back up Hackenberg.

90's Jetty:  We throw the bank at Kirk Cousins, 30 mil/year six years.  Cousins gets hurt, never finishes his first year, never plays another snap in NY.

Early 90's Jetty:  We somehow pick Darnold, he's Mark Sanchez meets Browning Nagle.

80's Jetty:   We pass on Mayfield because of "personality issues" and pick Luke Falk instead.  Mayfield becomes the next Drew Brees, Falk becomes the next Richard Todd.

Etc.  Etc.  Etc.

Somewhere you missed drafting a tight end in the first round with those qb's still on the board. That would certainly be jetty

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Taking the thread to a more serious route, I honestly don't think Bradford plays another down in the NFL.  Word around the league is that the Vikings analyst (Ben Leber, former NFL LBer) who suggested Bradford may actually have arthritis in the knee might actually be right.  If that's truly the case, his career might he over.

I watched Bradford in that week 1 game he barely took any contact if any.  Something is seriously wrong with him yeah he is done but I’m sure Mac has his agents number programmed on his phone

If Mac survives this offseason, he will be hanging on by a thread to his job going into 2018, and signing a brittle veteran QB will be one of the many ways he can get himself after another unsuccessful season. He needs to sign the best FA QB available (Cousins) or draft a blue chip QB.  If he doesn't do either, his time in NY will end the second the 2018 season ends. 

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Etc.  Etc.  Etc.

That just about sums it up.

Drops-Mic.jpg

Archived