Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lupz27

Lupz27 yearly please please Jets draft this QB....

Recommended Posts

QB Auburn Jarret Stidham

It’s a month later then last year, and he is not as disrespected as an NFL prospect as Mahomes was last season, but it’s official Lupz27 is going full on all in on one Jarrett Stidham as the Jets 1st round draft pick, and future franchise QB like I did last year with Mahomes (I still think Mahomes is better thou).

So yes Lupz27 2018 Stamp of approval QB love fest, and table pounding shall begin for Jarrett Stidham NOW, like it did for Mahomes back in October of last season!

MAKE IT HAPPEN for once Jets listen to Lupz27 please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accurate to all points of the field? Check

Strong arm? Check

Can make all NFL throws? Check

Mobile without relying on it? Check

Good pocket presence? Check

Recognizes blitz, and doesn’t wither? Check

Tough? Check

Smart? Check

Ability to learn new offenses? Check

Leadership qualities? Check

Shows up in big games, against top competition? Check

He is absolutely a first rounder in my opinion.  

Rosen, Darnold, Stidham, Are my top 3 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Wasn't your pet QB other than Mahoomes, Peterman last year?

lol **** no your confusing me for villain, my last 3 QB's I stamped were Wentz, Dak, and Mahomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I want to learn more about Stidham, what games do you suggest I watch?

All of them!  Watch his major struggles Vs LSU, and Clemson as Auburn’s OL got destroyed, and Stidham’s lack of command of the full O scheme, and then watch how every week culminating last week Vs Bama he gets better as he gets more comfortable, and in control of the offense, kid can do it all man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I want to learn more about Stidham, what games do you suggest I watch?

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

All of them!  Watch his major struggles Vs LSU, and Clemson as Auburn’s OL got destroyed, and Stidham’s lack of command of the full O scheme, and then watch how every week culminating last week Vs Bama he gets better as he gets more comfortable, and in control of the offense, kid can do it all man.

I agree with Lupz27 you should watch all them even the Baylor games if you can.  There's also footage of his Auburn Spring Game out there.  It will give you a better picture of what he is as a prospect.  

Let me add that Clemson game was his 2nd game back from a year layoff.  Clemson was the #1 team in the country then with a ferocious defense.  Rust combined with the o-line not being able to handle Clemson's d-line, WRs not get any separation and curious offensive play calling led to him holding the ball and taking 11 sacks if I remember correctly.  Still they only lost by 1 score.  The LSU game was just poor in game adjustments by the offensive coaching staff.  They were gashing LSU early with the long ball.  Once LSU adjusted at half time and took that away, Auburn did nothing to counter.  Even the announcers were questioning aloud why Auburn kept running slow developing players requiring WRs to go so deep down the field when LSU was pretty much giving them the intermediate stuff.  After the LSU game they stopped being so 2 dimensional  (short or long) in the passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main concern with Stidham is the very real possibility he goes back to Auburn for 1 more shot at a National Title after 1 full year in that system under his belt, and the very real possibility of going No. 1 overall in the 2019 draft, this might have been the plan to begin with from him, hope he gets that 1st round grade, and enters, and the Jets scoop him up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My main concern with Stidham is the very real possibility he goes back to Auburn for 1 more shot at a National Title after 1 full year in that system under his belt, and the very real possibility of going No. 1 overall in the 2019 draft, this might have been the plan to begin with from him, hope he gets that 1st round grade, and enters, and the Jets scoop him up!

This is a legitimate concern as he likely would be the consensus #1 overall pick in 2019, however the few things that are in favor of him coming out are getting one year closer to a huge contract in FA, landing with a better team as a 10-17 area pick in the first as opposed to 1 overall, and not risking injury or having a down year like has happened to guys in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This is a legitimate concern as he likely would be the consensus #1 overall pick in 2019, however the few things that are in favor of him coming out are getting one year closer to a huge contract in FA, landing with a better team as a 10-17 area pick in the first as opposed to 1 overall, and not risking injury or having a down year like has happened to guys in the past.

 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=134122&line=76365&spln=1

Jarrett Stidham: Stidham improves stock with strong showing

Jarrett Stidham - QB - AUB - Nov. 27 - 5:03 pm et

Auburn redshirt sophomore QB Jarrett Stidham is a likely second-day pick if he enters the draft, according to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Stidham (6'3/214) was listed as one of Pauline's risers after he strong showing against Alabama on Saturday. He notes that the quarterback 'possesses next level physical skills and gets it between the ears, effectively reading defenses and staying away from poor decisions'. Pauline also mentions that many inside of Auburn believe Stidham will decide to enter the draft. Another big game against Georgia -- and a trip to the playoffs -- could see that stock rise even higher. Nov. 27 - 5:03 pm et 
Source: Draft Analyst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My main concern with Stidham is the very real possibility he goes back to Auburn for 1 more shot at a National Title after 1 full year in that system under his belt, and the very real possibility of going No. 1 overall in the 2019 draft, this might have been the plan to begin with from him, hope he gets that 1st round grade, and enters, and the Jets scoop him up!

What if they win it this year?

I like Stidham a lot. Sans the LSU game, he's been an absolute monster in SEC play with his 2 best games vs. the #1 ranked team in the country (though he didn't throw a TD vs. Bama, anyone who watched that game knows how big his play was).  That type of resume and body of work is so much more impressive than what Baker Mayfield does, it's not even funny.  And that's with a quarter of the gaudy stats Mayfield produces.  Which brings up the production point.  16 TD's as a career high in college is scary.  It means, they ask him to do very little and basically just manage the game.  Now, he's got the big flashy plays on film too but their isn't a bunch.  He's had multiple games this year with no TD's.  

Unlike the QB's you've stamped in the past, Stidham is probably more a true "prospect" you're taking based on his skill set rather than his production.  Which is fine but you'd have to do your due diligence and study him on 3rd down, redzone, etc.  Make sure he can do it even though he might not be asked to.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9:00 AM ET
  • Alex ScarboroughESPN Staff Writer
AUBURN, Ala. -- Gus Malzahn tried to tell us. Back before the start of the season, he sat in his office, folded his arms and warned not to expect too much from Jarrett Stidham. He’d named him Auburn’s starting quarterback only three days earlier, and he wasn’t in the mood for engaging in a discussion about his chances of winning the Heisman Trophy.
 
Was Stidham talented enough to play at that level? Of course, Malzahn said. There was no denying that. Besides, even if he tried, there were too many inflammatory quotes out there to refute him; for example, former Baylor coach Art Briles called Stidham the best young QB he’d ever been around.
 
“But you know what we have to keep in mind?” Malzahn asked rhetorically back on that warm August day. “He has about only four games of experience in college. So there are going to be growing pains.”
 
No one wanted to hear it at the time. Here was Stidham, a tall, athletic, downright strapping young quarterback from Texas who had flashed superstar potential as a freshman at Baylor before deciding to transfer, and expectations were through the roof. The redshirt sophomore had 20-to-1 odds to win the Heisman. He was the savior of Auburn football right up until the moment he wasn’t.
 
On Sept. 9, the world came crashing down around Jarrett Stidham. And by the world, we mean Clemson’s freakishly athletic defensive line, which sacked him 11 times during a 14-6 loss at Death Valley. Stidham managed just 79 yards on 24 pass attempts, threw no touchdowns and rushed for -42 yards.
 
If Malzahn weren’t so busy defending his job performance at the time he might have said, "I told you so."
 
But as it were, he’d have to wait until much later -- after that disaster of a loss at LSU, and after Auburn went from the two-loss trash bin to the hottest team in college football by running off five straight wins, including two over No. 1-ranked teams.
 

While no one is going to confuse him with Nick Marshall or Cam Newton, he’s doing just enough in the running game to keep defenses honest and pick up yards of his own. Against Alabama, his 51 yards rushing were crucial, including a 16-yard touchdown run in which the defense was caught totally unprepared for him to keep it on the zone-read.

 
 
Watching him make plays with his arm and his feet, it felt like the Auburn of old, the high-flying Gus Malzahn offense that took the SEC by storm when he was coordinator back in 2010 and then again during his first year as head coach in 2013.
 
It’s not hyperbole to say that Stidham’s emergence re-energized a stagnant Auburn offense and saved its head coach’s job. As Malzahn told his team after beating Alabama, “Five weeks ago, everybody put us under, six feet under. ... We’re going to the SEC championship, and the best is yet to come!”
 
A giddy Chandler Cox said after the game that Stidham’s running opened up the offense “like crazy.”
 
“The quarterback he is, the person he is, I knew we could come out and beat Bama and beat Georgia,” the veteran fullback said. “He put us on his shoulders and led us to victory.”
 
It may have been too late for the Heisman race, but it was better late than never for Auburn’s sake.
 
Malzahn isn’t holding back on his quarterback anymore, telling reporters now that, “He can make every throw” and “go hash-to-hash, sideline-to-sideline.”
 
“He’s a very, very talented young man,” Malzahn said, “and now that he’s running the football some it’s really opened up other things. He’s playing at a high level at quarterback. And that’s what you have to do.
 
“If you have a chance to win a championship in our league, your quarterback has to play at a high level, and he’s done that so far.”
 
 
On Saturday, Stidham will lead No. 2 Auburn against No. 6 Georgia for the SEC title and a shot at reaching the College Football Playoff.
 
The last time these two teams played four weeks ago, Stidham threw three touchdowns and no interceptions during a lopsided 40-17 win in Jordan-Hare Stadium. But this time around he’ll be at a neutral site in Atlanta and he could be without Kerryon Johnson as the All-America candidate at running back is nursing a sore shoulder.
 
Two months ago, that would have been a nightmare scenario. Now, with Stidham and the Auburn offense at their peak, it might not be so bad.
 
The growing pains are over and expectations couldn’t be any higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

checkdown city

 
More like bombs over Baghdad.
 
"Stidham is among the most accurate and best deep-ball throwers in the country. His 130.1 passer rating on throws of 20 yards or more sits at eighth in the country, per Pro Football Focus. He’s racked up 619 yards, 5 TDs, and no interceptions on such throws."  [These numbers are better as this was as of 3 weeks ago before knocking of the undefeated #1 team in the country twice in that span]."
 
JarrettStidham-NFLArmNotJustAboutPowerMo
 
JarrettStidham-DownfieldThrowOutsideNumb
 
JarrettStidam-DeepShotDownfieldVsMississ
 
JarrettStidham-SpecialDownfieldThrow_myv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if they win it this year?

I like Stidham a lot. Sans the LSU game, he's been an absolute monster in SEC play with his 2 best games vs. the #1 ranked team in the country (though he didn't throw a TD vs. Bama, anyone who watched that game knows how big his play was).  That type of resume and body of work is so much more impressive than what Baker Mayfield does, it's not even funny.  And that's with a quarter of the gaudy stats Mayfield produces.  Which brings up the production point.  16 TD's as a career high in college is scary.  It means, they ask him to do very little and basically just manage the game.  Now, he's got the big flashy plays on film too but their isn't a bunch.  He's had multiple games this year with no TD's.  

Unlike the QB's you've stamped in the past, Stidham is probably more a true "prospect" you're taking based on his skill set rather than his production.  Which is fine but you'd have to do your due diligence and study him on 3rd down, redzone, etc.  Make sure he can do it even though he might not be asked to.   

 

 

The Alabama game is a microcosm of Stidham's year in terms of stats.  Like you said anyone who watched the game knows he wasn't just a "game manager" in that game.  That's been the case all year.  The Auburn offense is just a balanced offense until they get in the red zone.  I'd venture to say that outside the red zone they probably lean slightly more to the pass than the run.  Inside the 20, however, there's a massive shift; it's completely lopsided in favor of the ground attack.  At that point it's pretty much exclusively power runs, Wildcat and zone reads.  This is why Stidham does not have a lot of TDs.  If he does not get a TD via a deep throw, he can forget about it.  I've cited the example of the Missouri game before.  The stats say he had just 1 TD but if you watched that game you know he could have just as easily had 6 TDs.  He would have definitely had 6 TDs if he was in his old Baylor offense.  He got the offense to the red zone through the air many times only to be forced to hand if off for the score.  Kerryon Johnson had 5 rushing TDs that game but just 48 yards on 18 carries.  It tells you that those were grind it out TDs.  Stidham averages more than 10 yards a pass play for his collegiate career; he's no dink and donk QB just manage the game QB.

It's great bit of irony that ultimately his statistics and production or lack there of would be Stidham major negative as a prospect when you consider the fact he transferred from Baylor out of all places.  Art Briles, who has seen RGIII and Petty and others put up prolific numbers in his QB friendly Spread system, has on record said Stidham is by far the most talented passer he has ever been around.  One has to wonder what concerns there would be Art Briles not resign under the cloud of the football program's sexual assault scandals and Stidham stayed.  What would we be saying about the 3 years worth of video game numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, legler82 said:

The Alabama game is a microcosm of Stidham's year in terms of stats.  Like you said anyone who watched the game knows he wasn't just a "game manager" in that game.  That's been the case all year.  The Auburn offense is just a balanced offense until they get in the red zone.  I'd venture to say that outside the red zone they probably lean slightly more to the pass than the run.  Inside the 20, however, there's a massive shift; it's completely lopsided in favor of the ground attack.  At that point it's pretty much exclusively power runs, Wildcat and zone reads.  This is why Stidham does not have a lot of TDs.  If he does not get a TD via a deep throw, he can forget about it.  I've cited the example of the Missouri game before.  The stats say he had just 1 TD but if you watched that game you know he could have just as easily had 6 TDs.  He would have definitely had 6 TDs if he was in his old Baylor offense.  He got the offense to the red zone through the air many times only to be forced to hand if off for the score.  Kerryon Johnson had 5 rushing TDs that game but just 48 yards on 18 carries.  It tells you that those were grind it out TDs.  Stidham averages more than 10 yards a pass play for his collegiate career; he's no dink and donk QB just manage the game QB.

It's great bit of irony that ultimately his statistics and production or lack there of would be Stidham major negative as a prospect when you consider the fact he transferred from Baylor out of all places.  Art Briles, who has seen RGIII and Petty and others put up prolific numbers in his QB friendly Spread system, has on record said Stidham is by far the most talented passer he has ever been around.  One has to wonder what concerns there would be Art Briles not resign under the cloud of the football program's sexual assault scandals and Stidham stayed.  What would we be saying about the 3 years worth of video game numbers?

I shouldn't have called him a game manager, as you have provided above the kid is a great deep ball thrower, completes passes at good yardage clip and takes his fair share of shots down the field each game.  That was a bad categorization and maybe there isn't a scripted term for what they ask him to do.  Maybe my overall point is, he's not a QB that has been asked to put his team on his back and will the team to victory.  Like you said, they're a very balanced team who have great running game (Johnson reminds me of Le'Veon Bell) and they're D has been on absolute fire.   Which again, isn't a huge deal.  Many QB's who carried the entire team haven't been NFL QB.s.

He's got the important stuff from a stat perspective already covered IMO (wins, completion %, TD vs INT ratio). The video game stuff is for the birds.  That's why Big 12 QB's never make it.  More importantly, they've run the gauntlet and he's stood the test.  You can't deny those things in an evaluation.  That's why I loved Watson so much.  High completion percentage, winner, IT factor, TD's vs INT's. and played NFL loaded D's each season.  Stidham has the same pedigree but obviously a much much less production and a smaller sample size. 

Looks like you've done a lot of homework on the kid.  Great post!  You a War Eag.. errr, I mean, Tigers fan?  hehe   

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legler82 said:
 
More like bombs over Baghdad.
 
"Stidham is among the most accurate and best deep-ball throwers in the country. His 130.1 passer rating on throws of 20 yards or more sits at eighth in the country, per Pro Football Focus. He’s racked up 619 yards, 5 TDs, and no interceptions on such throws."  [These numbers are better as this was as of 3 weeks ago before knocking of the undefeated #1 team in the country twice in that span]."
 
JarrettStidham-NFLArmNotJustAboutPowerMo
 
JarrettStidham-DownfieldThrowOutsideNumb
 
JarrettStidam-DeepShotDownfieldVsMississ
 
JarrettStidham-SpecialDownfieldThrow_myv

Im sorry, i only watched the georgia and alabama games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JiF said:

I shouldn't have called him a game manager, as you have provided above the kid is a great deep ball thrower, completes passes at good yardage clip and takes his fair share of shots down the field each game.  That was a bad categorization and maybe there isn't a scripted term for what they ask him to do.  Maybe my overall point is, he's not a QB that has been asked to put his team on his back and will the team to victory.  Like you said, they're a very balanced team who have great running game (Johnson reminds me of Le'Veon Bell) and they're D has been on absolute fire.   Which again, isn't a huge deal.  Many QB's who carried the entire team haven't been NFL QB.s.

He's got the important stuff from a stat perspective already covered IMO (wins, completion %, TD vs INT ratio). The video game stuff is for the birds.  That's why Big 12 QB's never make it.  More importantly, they've run the gauntlet and he's stood the test.  You can't deny those things in an evaluation.  That's why I loved Watson so much.  High completion percentage, winner, IT factor, TD's vs INT's. and played NFL loaded D's each season.  Stidham has the same pedigree but obviously a much much less production and a smaller sample size. 

Looks like you've done a lot of homework on the kid.  Great post!  You a War Eag.. errr, I mean, Tigers fan?  hehe   

 

 

 

 

 

No I'm just Tigers fan this year, like I was a Texas Tech fan last year, North Dakota St fan the year before, Oregon before that and so and so on.  Every year prior to the start of the college football season, I scour the college football landscape for draft eligible QBs.  I try to watch a little bit of tape on them to see if they are worth following in the season and, like Lupz27, down the line campaigning for.  After watching a couple of his freshman Baylor games and his Auburn Spring game; I was pretty much sold on skill.  The SEC competition would test the will.   Lucky for me I currently live in SEC country and was lucky enough to catch all his games.  By the way, this year I'm also a Bruins and Trojans fan in that I've watched a lot of their games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

checkdown city

Have you watched any Auburn games this year? He’s anything but a checkdown QB. His deep accuracy is upper echelon in college. 

Every top college QB prospect used bubble screens (except Josh Allen really). Tom Brady has been using them his entire career.

its only an issue when thats the only weapon in your arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Have you watched any Auburn games this year? He’s anything but a checkdown QB. His deep accuracy is upper echelon in college. 

Every top college QB prospect used bubble screens (except Josh Allen really). Tom Brady has been using them his entire career.

its only an issue when thats the only weapon in your arsenal.

Alabama and Georgia, I guess we wasn't asked to do that in those games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So, why did we not hear a lick about this guy until auburn beat Bama?

He was being mentioned as far back as April as a player to watch for. He was mentioned by myself and a few others in the spring.

The issue was he played half a season at Baylor...did great...got hurt, and missed all lf last season. 

It’s been a real wait-and-see approach with him coming off of an injury and transferring to a new school, with a whole new offensive system, all in the top college conference.

If Trubisky (who I liked not at #2, but def not hating on him) could go #2, there’s absolutely no reason Stidham shouldn’t be a first rounder. Stidham’s ceiling is higher than Trubisky’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So, why did we not hear a lick about this guy until auburn beat Bama?

If you didn’t it’s because you don’t follow the prospect scene.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2014/2/27/5408174/jarrett-stidham-scouting-report-football-recruiting-2015

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/ncaa-football/news/jarrett-stidham-scouting-report-recruiting-baylor-quarterback-commit-art-briles-bears-big-12-waco/1x249ld6itkzn1qi5p5d5feaon

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/auburn/jarrett-stidham-5-things-know-auburn-quarterback/amp

Jarrett Stidham was a well known possible NFL prospect for years now, he was a hot name in the preseason as a Heisman dark horse, and possible rise to 1st round draft pick, and expectations from Auburn nation for him to lead them to a National Title.

Then the Clemson game happened, and a couple weeks later the LSU game happened, and then everyone wrote him off, and jumped on the overrated Baker Mayfield bandwagon.

Stidham had some bumps along the way early while transitioning to the SEC, and learning a new offense, but is now playing up to the preseason hype now that he received down south, and in NFL scouting circles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 10:16 PM, Lupz27 said:

 and a MUST add that most of you haven't heard of, but might be top 5'pick next year is 

Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham

 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So, why did we not hear a lick about this guy until auburn beat Bama?

Also I referenced him way back in September as a possible 1st round top 5 pick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, legler82 said:

No I'm just Tigers fan this year, like I was a Texas Tech fan last year, North Dakota St fan the year before, Oregon before that and so and so on.  Every year prior to the start of the college football season, I scour the college football landscape for draft eligible QBs.  I try to watch a little bit of tape on them to see if they are worth following in the season and, like Lupz27, down the line campaigning for.  After watching a couple of his freshman Baylor games and his Auburn Spring game; I was pretty much sold on skill.  The SEC competition would test the will.   Lucky for me I currently live in SEC country and was lucky enough to catch all his games.  By the way, this year I'm also a Bruins and Trojans fan in that I've watched a lot of their games.

Yeah, I typically tune into to teams for the same reasons.  I normally would be all gitty for UCLA vs. USC but I damn sure tuned in this year.   But I mostly watch SEC Football and have seen a ton of Auburn this year.   I like both Stidham and Johnson a lot for the next level.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So, why did we not hear a lick about this guy until auburn beat Bama?

Because most people on the internet are box score scouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Alabama and Georgia, I guess we wasn't asked to do that in those games.

In the referenced games he killed them with the check downs, screens and shallow crosses.  He still took a couple of shots though.  Auburn learned from the LSU 2nd half collapse to not force the ball down field against a good SEC defense and take what they give you.  Best believe he can and will kill you deep if you let him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×