Lupz27 yearly please please Jets draft this QB....

Lupz27

54 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Maccagnan has personally attended Rosen's last two games (USC and Cal) so he hasn't been anywhere near him in person the last few weeks.  We had our top scouts at the Iron Bowl though, so they absolutely saw what he did to Bama up close and in person.  I mentioned something about Stidham a couple of weeks ago and, from what I've heard, not much has changed from that (however, this was before the Bama Bash):  We're keeping a very close eye on him and our interest in him is rising, but he isn't seen as a top 10 pick just yet... although that can certainly change.  There are guys in our organization who like him more than Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen (thank God), and Mason Rudolph, so take that for what it's worth.  The limited experience is a concern, but not as backbreaking as you'd think.  Darnold has the same "issue" and they aren't really afraid of it.  If a guy looks special, he looks special.

It's still super early.  In my opinion, a guy like him, if he declares, is someone who isn't gonna skyrocket until the combine, interviews, and Auburn's pro day.  The whole Baylor ---> Auburn transfer situation really makes him a tough kid to evaluate right now.  Personally, I would be more comfortable with him if he had 2 seasons at Auburn, but it is impossible to ignore what he's done at both schools in his short time as a starter, particularly this season.  If he closes out the year strong and, who knows, helps push Auburn through the CFP, he's gonna explode.  The measurables are great and he has shown this year that he can make some big boy, NFL-caliber, throws.  He made some jaw droppers last week and, in my opinion, even better throws in his first matchup with Georgia.  He's certainly a risk, but he looks like he could be totally worth it.  We'll see if he actually puts himself in the draft.  I know there are rumors swirling that he'll actually declare, but I think he stays.  He has so much to gain from it.  I, personally, like the kid a ton.

If Gus bolts for Arkansas he can’t stay IMO he would have to enter, and if he wins the NC this year he bolts for the draft IMO also.

also thanks for the great write up, and information much appreciated 

After having an injury that kept him out of football for a year, and also everything that happened with Art Briles, I think Stidham definitely bolts for the NFL after this season. 

But lets see how SEC championship goes and of they’re in the playoffs and does well, he’ll be a top 15 pick I’m sure. 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

After having an injury that kept him out of football for a year, and also everything that happened with Art Briles, I think Stidham definitely bolts for the NFL after this season. 

But lets see how SEC championship goes and of they’re in the playoffs and does well, he’ll be a top 15 pick I’m sure. 

The injury didn't keep him out of football for a year.  Art Briles leaving Baylor because of the program's sexual assault scandals made him leave.  He chose not to play for a year so not to loose a year of eligibility under the stupid NCAA rules.

3 hours ago, legler82 said:

The injury didn't keep him out of football for a year.  Art Briles leaving Baylor because of the program's sexual assault scandals made him leave.  He chose not to play for a year so not to loose a year of eligibility under the stupid NCAA rules.

Oh I thought the two coincided. But yeah, this kids a stud. Lets draft him wherever we are.

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Real stinker for Stidham tonight.  Yuk

Yup whole team stinks today, wonder if the whole Malzahn rumors have gotten to the team a little, and take nothing away from Georgia they dominated the line of scrimmage.

Stidham and Auburn as a team didnt look good. But its not like Stidham was throwing picks all over the place like so many top prospects have in the last. 

Bad games happen. This one happened against a top team that he already proved he can beat. Doesn’t change my views on him as a pro.

36 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Stidham and Auburn as a team didnt look good. But its not like Stidham was throwing picks all over the place like so many top prospects have in the last. 

Bad games happen. This one happened against a top team that he already proved he can beat. Doesn’t change my views on him as a pro.

Exactly changes zero in my opinion about him, Auburn had no gameplan in place to compensate for the injured ineffective Kerryon Johnson who probably shouldn’t have even suited up in this game.

11 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Exactly changes zero in my opinion about him, Auburn had no gameplan in place to compensate for the injured ineffective Kerryon Johnson who probably shouldn’t have even suited up in this game.

Agreed.  Obviously, I was thrilled to see that the Dawgs were able to adjust, get pressure, take away the running game, generally kick Auburn's butts after the opening drive.  We also were helped out by some Auburn injuries & mistakes -- and as you said, Johnson probably should not have been out there at all. 

You scout a player's season, not a single game.  In a 3 week period, the kid had to go up against Georgia twice and Alabama, and he was great in two of those games.  He is the same prospect now and he has shown he can get it done in big games.  He just didn't get it done yesterday.

Will be real curious to see what the Dawgs do against Baker Mayfield (assuming we get OU in the playoffs).  Speaking of Dawgs, get me Sony Michel with one of our 2nd round picks.  I think he will be a better pro than Chubb.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Obviously, I was thrilled to see that the Dawgs were able to adjust, get pressure, take away the running game, generally kick Auburn's butts after the opening drive.  We also were helped out by some Auburn injuries & mistakes -- and as you said, Johnson probably should not have been out there at all. 

You scout a player's season, not a single game.  In a 3 week period, the kid had to go up against Georgia twice and Alabama, and he was great in two of those games.  He is the same prospect now and he has shown he can get it done in big games.  He just didn't get it done yesterday.

Will be real curious to see what the Dawgs do against Baker Mayfield (assuming we get OU in the playoffs).  Speaking of Dawgs, get me Sony Michel with one of our 2nd round picks.  I think he will be a better pro than Chubb.

I've been keeping my eye on Michel. I think we could get him late 2nd or early 3rd and he could be a feature back. It's a good RB class (again). 

15 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Was out Christmas shopping with the fam all day, so I didn't get to see the whole game.  I only saw some of the end of the third going into the beginning of the 4th through a store window.  It seems that's when everything fell apart.  From the little bit I saw it seems as though the pressure from Georgia and the moment got to him.  I saw him short arm a couple of throws.  I can't lie, I was kind of hoping he laid an egg so it could slow or stop his climb up the draft boards.

I Want Josh Allen

legler82 replied to JetBlue's topic in New York Jets Message Board

On 11/28/2017 at 7:44 PM, legler82 said:

He should come out strictly for his development.  While it contains some pro concepts, Auburn's offense is gimmicky as hell.  It also takes the ball out of his hands inside the 20.  Auburn's offense is tailor made for a mobile QB a la Newton and Marshall.  Stidham is a potent passer running a ground and pound O.

The offense as a whole looked as it did in the 2nd half of the LSU game.  Malzahn's offense just seem incapable of adjustments.  I said it before and I say it again, he needs to leave that offense ASAP.  I was sold on Stidham just from the Baylor tape.  Say what you will about prospects coming from an "Air Raid" style of O, at least, they get to throw the ball a ton and don't look so out of sync when forced to air it out.  

On 11/30/2017 at 9:19 PM, Beerfish said:

Wasn't your pet QB other than Mahoomes, Peterman last year?

What's wrong with Peterman? He's a good qb. It's not his fault the bills coaching staff decided to introduce him to the league by going against Joey bosa and Melvin Ingram. That was stupid. 

Notice my damage control above ?

On 12/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, legler82 said:

More like bombs over Baghdad.

"Stidham is among the most accurate and best deep-ball throwers in the country. His 130.1 passer rating on throws of 20 yards or more sits at eighth in the country, per Pro Football Focus. He’s racked up 619 yards, 5 TDs, and no interceptions on such throws."  [These numbers are better as this was as of 3 weeks ago before knocking of the undefeated #1 team in the country twice in that span]."

JarrettStidham-NFLArmNotJustAboutPowerMo

JarrettStidham-DownfieldThrowOutsideNumb

JarrettStidam-DeepShotDownfieldVsMississ

JarrettStidham-SpecialDownfieldThrow_myv

The idea of him throwing deep to RObby Anderson makes me all tingly...

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, Lith said:

Well he probably will be the #1 overall pick next year, probably a good decision as he probably gets the old could use another year in college label from the scouts this draft, and falls to 2nd round, but with a National Championship Run next year with another year in the same offense I would not be surprised if he is the 1st QB off the board in the 2019 draft.

On 1/8/2018 at 11:02 PM, Lupz27 said:

Well he probably will be the #1 overall pick next year, probably a good decision as he probably gets the old could use another year in college label from the scouts this draft, and falls to 2nd round, but with a National Championship Run next year with another year in the same offense I would not be surprised if he is the 1st QB off the board in the 2019 draft.

Let’s tank!

Archived