Jump to content

Revis Fan Reaction


prime21
 Share

Recommended Posts

Revis returns this weekend and I'm wondering what the crowd reaction will be like for him.  I would imagine it to be a warm reception with some scattered boos heard.

He is arguably the greatest Jet in history but the perceived "ME" attitude with hold outs and then the unfathomable Super Bowl ring he got with the Cheaters have left many Jet fans  with mixed feelings for him.   I might be going to the game and I know that  I will stand and applaud while wearing a Revis jersey.  Once the game starts he then becomes the enemy and I will boo him like every other Chief in uniform.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Revis returns this weekend and I'm wondering what the crowd reaction will be like for him.  I would imagine it to be a warm reception with some scattered boos heard.

He is arguably the greatest Jet in history but the perceived "ME" attitude with hold outs and then the unfathomable Super Bowl ring he got with the Cheaters have left many Jet fans  with mixed feelings for him.   I might be going to the game and I know that  I will stand and applaud while wearing a Revis jersey.  Once the game starts he then becomes the enemy and I will boo him like every other Chief in uniform.

 

 

 

 

He is a hof player, and by far the most greedy player ever to play 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's the best player in Jets history, he will get booed by our ungrateful fanbase(but they'd cheer Favre) but he deserves a standing ovation.  half the crowd will be Chiefs fans anyway so does it really matter?

What exactly are we grateful for? The holdouts? The season he left to win the Lombardi with the Pats? The season he came back fat and slow basically stealing his salary? Him sitting on his ass half the season this year as we pay him to come back in time to play against us? Ok last one is a positive.

 

He was fun to watch here for a few seasons. I feel no different towards him as I do any other NFL great. Why is it a business when they do something and an emotional travesty by us if we aren't grateful for them getting paid millions?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jets will definitely test him, guy hasn’t played in a year. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes us pay with a big play. 

The Jets test no one, unless he’s isolated on Anderson, Revis will have a boring game.

And we should boo the s#%+ out of him.
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am appalled at people calling him "the greatest Jet in history."

He had the best single season in Jet history.  He is NOT the greatest Jet in history.

Personally, I vote Curtis Martin.

F*ck Revis.  Holdouts.  Showing up to camp out of shape.  Treason by playing for the Cheats and helping them win a SB.  Mailed it in last year.   F*ck him.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of our fans will be the sh*t out of him, but I have no problem with Revis. 

He's made it clear he's about his money, and I'm ok with that. You'll never hear me complain about players getting paid.

I doubt Revis cares what the fans think anyways. If I were an athlete I sure as hell wouldn't. Love and adoration don't pay the bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the Claw said:


The Jets test no one, unless he’s isolated on Anderson, Revis will have a boring game.

And we should boo the s#%+ out of him.

Revis will be humiliated if they match him up on Robby.   Darrelle will need a bicycle to keep up with #11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will probably be minimal reaction.  I'm absolutely no Revis fan, but we've already been there and at this point he's just another instance of a washed up old player hanging around in the league.  He won't have any significant impact, and at this point most offensive players and coaches have little-to-no relationship with him, so I'm sure it won't even be a thought in their minds regarding anything that is done.  Guys like Morton, McCown, and Kearse won't think anything of it, and I'm doubting there was any strong bond created between him and Robby Anderson last year.

Point being if it means nothing to those playing the game, it will probably be easy enough to forget about on game day, until at some point there happens to be a play that goes in his direction when he's on the field, which would likely be limited snaps anyway.  He's not going to be following anyone around or ever left in single coverage at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, The Crusher said:

What exactly are we grateful for? The holdouts? The season he left to win the Lombardi with the Pats? The season he came back fat and slow basically stealing his salary? Him sitting on his ass half the season this year as we pay him to come back in time to play against us? Ok last one is a positive.

 

He was fun to watch here for a few seasons. I feel no different towards him as I do any other NFL great. Why is it a business when they do something and an emotional travesty by us if we aren't grateful for them getting paid millions?

for being the bets player in Jets history and helping us get closer to a SB than at any point since 1969.  he'll be only the 2nd player drafted by the Jets to play the majority of his career for us to make the Hall of Fame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to believe he fell off a cliff and didn't dog it on us. If he plays well ther rest of this year I'm going to be pretty pissed. His hold outs were upsurd but giving up on the team/fans that showed you so much love is a disgrace IMO. I really hope he covers Anderson but it will never happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He started but then was missing tackles. And like last season giving up a huge cushion. It seemed like he was benched in the 2nd half. Maybe he was injured. They showed him during the 2nd half on the sideline. So interested to see what happens with him. A one game experiment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy Reid's excuse for not playing him in the 2nd half was because he played too many snaps in the first half. But that makes no sense. If he played well he'd be on the field. He looked like the 2016 version of Revis. But he was the best ever Jets player imo. And as the commentators mentioned Woody is still paying him over 5 mil to play for the Chiefs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...