Jaguar's release Calvin Pryor

joewilly12

Three strikes and you're out Slugger.

So how about that Demario Davis! What a turnaround, what a trade.

Or Jamal Adams! Hard hits, leadership AND some brains.

Its rather amazing how much this team has gotten better from ridding themselves of Pryor.

Wow. I am actually surprised. I know he sucked but I thought he was at minimum NFL roster worthy. 

With his makeup he should be at least a special teams ace but hes probably too prideful and his paltry contributions wouldn’t be worth the headache.

what an epically horrendous draft

31 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Ugh all I remember is an idiot HC naming him after a baseball bat and talking him up as the next Steve Atwater.

If you mean rex, I think the nick name was given to him in college.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, that’ll teach the Jets not to draft athletically limited strong safeties who struggle in coverage ever again.

Good thing we don't have one of those.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex Ryan played a part in Pryor's demise the kid was a hammer in college came here and shunned tackling. 

He was a freight train hitting college kids on a college field.

Rex: "He plays like a Jet already."

As expected, he wasn't as tough against full-grown fully-trained men.

I confess that I was wrong about Calvin Pryor, probably because he was a first rounder and I really wanted him to be good. He was perfect for college ball but in the NFL, he isn't quite big enough, nor a good enough tackler, to be a linebacker, and his atrocious coverage skills aren't good enough to make him a true defensive back, so I guess there's really no role for him anywhere. Yet another waste of a pick by a truly awful GM. 

9 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Ugh all I remember is an idiot HC naming him after a baseball bat and talking him up as the next Steve Atwater.

Whenever I sit around thinking about how bad the current Jets are, and are caught in no mans land, not bad enough to get a good QB, and not good enough to do anything, I remember the Rex days and think, no matter how bad it is, I don't have to root for that fat, loud mouth, insecure asshat Rex anymore.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Well, that’ll teach the Jets not to draft athletically limited strong safeties who struggle in coverage ever again.

I’d resign Pryor. You can never have enough safeties right Mac?  He’d be insurance for when Adams continues to suffer 3rd degree burns. 

22 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Three strikes and you're out Slugger.

So how about that Demario Davis! What a turnaround, what a trade.

Or Jamal Adams! Hard hits, leadership AND some brains.

Its rather amazing how much this team has gotten better from ridding themselves of Pryor.

Excepting of course it is still almost impossible to justify first round equity for a safety and we have done it twice.

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

See TomShane you don’t know it all. Kelse just burnt our other rookie Safety - the athletic one ?

Archived