joewilly12

Jaguar's release Calvin Pryor

That trade looks brilliant in hindsight.  Davis is having a career year while Pryor just got sent packing from his third team and Harris has been an afterthought in NE.

Of course it would be better if Pryor hadn't sucked and they kept Davis, but what are you going to do.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, that’ll teach the Jets not to draft athletically limited strong safeties who struggle in coverage ever again.

Rex Ryan played a part in Pryor's demise the kid was a hammer in college came here and shunned tackling. 

31 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Ugh all I remember is an idiot HC naming him after a baseball bat and talking him up as the next Steve Atwater.

If you mean rex, I think the nick name was given to him in college.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, that’ll teach the Jets not to draft athletically limited strong safeties who struggle in coverage ever again.

Good thing we don't have one of those.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex Ryan played a part in Pryor's demise the kid was a hammer in college came here and shunned tackling. 

He was a freight train hitting college kids on a college field.

Rex: "He plays like a Jet already."

As expected, he wasn't as tough against full-grown fully-trained men.

I confess that I was wrong about Calvin Pryor, probably because he was a first rounder and I really wanted him to be good. He was perfect for college ball but in the NFL, he isn't quite big enough, nor a good enough tackler, to be a linebacker, and his atrocious coverage skills aren't good enough to make him a true defensive back, so I guess there's really no role for him anywhere. Yet another waste of a pick by a truly awful GM. 

9 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Ugh all I remember is an idiot HC naming him after a baseball bat and talking him up as the next Steve Atwater.

Whenever I sit around thinking about how bad the current Jets are, and are caught in no mans land, not bad enough to get a good QB, and not good enough to do anything, I remember the Rex days and think, no matter how bad it is, I don't have to root for that fat, loud mouth, insecure asshat Rex anymore.