Submit your answers to the following...

Pac

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What machines? Hitting that cardio? Some lat work to get that nice V shape in the winter cardigan?

I did chest, tris and elliptical.  I'm in a oh my god I'm fat phase so light weight with a lot of reps and HIIT for cardio.

I killed it btw.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

DRAFT BAKER MAYFIELD. DRAFT SKILL PLAYERS IN THE SECOND ROUND(RB WR OR TE). Use the remaining picks and FA to rebuild the OL and secondary. If they have to sign a vet to play for the first part of next year OR until Mayfield is ready do it. He ll I might even be okay with re-signing McCown to play that part if they he doesn't want an all-world contract. Every great team I have witnessed over the years has had players GROW together and gel into a cohesive unit. They supplement them with FA pick-ups but the core is drafted. This what the Jets must do in order to break the malaise that this franchise is mired in. Will Macchole do that? I'm not confident he will. Can Bowles develop a young QB? So far I'm not confident in that either. So that is the reality we face here. All the snarky comebacks and arguing won't change that. Until its accepted you will get the answers you are getting in response to posts like this.

'

We pretty much agree on what needs to happen so not sure what we're talking about.

Bowles won't be developing a young QB though..  that will be Bates, Morton, and McCown.  Under Bates' watch both Cutler and now McCown have never looked better so I really like him as the QBC.  Him and Morton are the 2 main reasons I don't want to see Bowles fired.  Who we going to replace them with?

I don't mind the snarky comebacks - I prefer them.  I've been arguing with jif, buttman, and domshame for years.  If we all held hands and sang songs I'd quit coming here.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

We pretty much agree on what needs to happen so not sure what we're talking about.

Bowles won't be developing a young QB though..  that will be Bates, Morton, and McCown.  Under Bates' watch both Cutler and now McCown have never looked better so I really like him as the QBC.  Him and Morton are the 2 main reasons I don't want to see Bowles fired.  Who we going to replace them with?

I don't mind the snarky comebacks - I prefer them.  I've been arguing with jif, buttman, and domshame for years.  If we all held hands and sang songs I'd quit coming here.

Bowles if still the coach decides who plays. He plays McCown because in his words "he gives us the best chance to win". In a season that was supposed to be developmental why is McCown still playing? Bowles apologists say its because Petty is terrible which is unknown if you ask me. Hack is so raw that he is light years from starting if ever. Bowles would never play a rookie as his actions have demonstrated. As for the rest it is what it is.

Cut Petty and retain Hack? Doesn’t even come close to making any sense. If anything, Petty is the better QB. Hack may have a higher ceiling but a rock bottom floor. Problem is, he’s rock bottom and will stay there. 

2 hours ago, adb280z said:

Best case scenario - Rosen/Darnold

Acceptable scenario - Cousins

Worst case scenario - Alex Smith, Josh McCown

meh scenario - Mayfield/Josh Allen/Lamar Jackson

Rosen or Darnold would be great, but it is just not realistic.  They are going at worst top 4.  The Jets won too many games this year.  

I almost think the Jets are better off winning some games and then picking the best QB they can when they pick.  Maybe Mayfield slides down to them.   Mayfield is the Jetsy connundrum.   What is the highest a 6 ft tall QB has been drafted?

6 hours ago, Pac said:

These questions pertain to the QB position from now until the end of the draft.  What is your:

• Best case scenario
  • Acceptable scenario
  • Worst case scenario

my answers are

best - Draft Rosen, resign McCown, cut Petty, retain Hack...  Rosen wins starting job

acceptable - overpay for Cousins, cut McCown, retain Hack, cut Petty, draft mid round QB

worst - Cut McCown, sign Bradford, retain Petty and Hack

Best - draft a stud for the not 1.5 decades. Cut Petty and help Hack move.

Acceptable - Brad Smith comes back and so does Braylon.

Worst - Sanchez is re-signed and competes with Elvis Grbac for the starting position. 

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Best Case:  We draft Baker Mayfield in round one somewhere between picks 5-10.  He starts from day 1.  Hack becomes an effective #2 QB.  Petty holds the fort at #3.

Acceptable Scenario:  We draft someone else (Rosen/Allen/Rudolph/Falk/Whomever).  The someone else starts day 1 OR Hack starts till that someone else is ready to play.

Worst Case A:  We trade 3 #1 picks to get Darnold.  He'll never be worth it and the loss of picks will cripple our future.

Worst Case B:  We give 30 mil/year for 5 Years+ to Kirk Cousins.  He'll never be worth it.

Worst Case C:  We resign McCown to start again and don't draft anyone, i.e. treading water

tenor.gif

Jets Organization in a gif

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Rosen or Darnold would be great, but it is just not realistic.  They are going at worst top 4.  The Jets won too many games this year.  

I almost think the Jets are better off winning some games and then picking the best QB they can when they pick.  Maybe Mayfield slides down to them.   Mayfield is the Jetsy connundrum.   What is the highest a 6 ft tall QB has been drafted?

I'm not high on Mayfield at all.  I'd rather trade up for Rosen or Darnold.

7 hours ago, Larz said:

100 years from now when we are all dead and buried, none of this will matter 

Of course it will. Your great grandchildren will trace the lineage and be very pissed off at great grandpa Larz for making them Jets fans. This is all great grandpa Larz fault. 

Archived