Are we good with Anderson and Kearse as our 1 and 2 for next year?

RutgersJetFan

Even before today Anderson was shooting up into holy crap territory. Kearse has been consistent all year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

The numbers actually say this is a legitimate maybe. Both are still on insanely cheap deals. Would free up the resources we have to pursue other things. But I've just been heartbroken too many times and am struggling to find the will to trust again.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Even before today Anderson was shooting up into holy crap territory. Kearse has been consistent all year.

The numbers actually say this is a legitimate maybe. Both are still on insanely cheap deals. Would free up the resources we have to pursue other things. But I've just been heartbroken too many times and am struggling to find the will to trust again.

I like both.  One is a pro the other has upside with speed.

22 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Enunwa is FA people.

I'd have to imagine he'll get a 1 year deal no matter where he goes because of the injury. Makes sense to stick with the system you know and not up root your family for one season if you are gonna try a prove it deal. (Unless someone unexpectedly offers him a lot)

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd have to imagine he'll get a 1 year deal no matter where he goes because of the injury. Makes sense to stick with the system you know and not up root your family for one season if you are gonna try a prove it deal. (Unless someone unexpectedly offers him a lot)

I agree with everything you said. But he’s not on the team until a deal is reached.

19 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Enunwa is FA people.

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Enunwa is a restricted WR so he will most likely be back next season.  I don't know if either Kearse or Anderson would be a legit number 1 WR but with the holes we have WR is the least of my concerns.  Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson, Kerley, and also Hansen is starting to look good.

Beat me to the punch, was just about to post that.

He's a pretty interesting one too, I think there may actually be a team that bites if they put a second round tender on him. (Certainly if they put an original rounder on him, but that's a move with no value to the Jets) 

9 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I would go a step further: sign Enunwa and also extend Kearse through 2020 or so

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Kearse a moderate extension, but letting him play on that one year 5 million dollar year is my preferred option. Lets see if the Hansen or Stewart can take the next step and replace his production first.

Enunwa is ours as long as nobody makes him a compelling offer that the Jets aren't willing to match or would rather get another second rounder for.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:49 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

the thing about Anderson is, he is really getting better.   He is catching everything.  And no one can one on one him.  Pretty good for a squirt.

9 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

They still need to find a guy to go over the middle. Enuwa might be the guy but after his injury the jury is out on him for me.

hansen has been coming on.  those two first down catches were huge.  as for anderson and kearse there should be no doubt now about anderson's ability.  the guy has great hands and can take a hit.  he might need a little seasoning so he doesn't do stupid things off the field but he's been a great find.  kearse?  i remember that catch he made in the superbowl and then there was the one hand grab yesterday. definitely a great pick up for shelly. the bottom line is they have a good group right now so wr should not be a priority in the draft, assuming they can re-sign these guys.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Can't wait to see this group w/ Enunwa. 

what is Kearse's contract status?

His contract runs through 2018, he is due $5MM next season, none of that guaranteed, so they can easily move on from him, but at $5MM, I don't see why they would.

I am not convinced he is a legit #2 yet, through 10 games, he was averaging 3.5 catches and 40 yards.  He has been great these past two weeks but I want to see what he does over the next 5 games.  If I had to decide today, though, I would bring him back.

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

His contract runs through 2018, he is due $5MM next season, none of that guaranteed, so they can easily move on from him, but at $5MM, I don't see why they would.

I am not convinced he is a legit #2 yet, through 10 games, he was averaging 3.5 catches and 40 yards.  He has been great these past two weeks but I want to see what he does over the next 5 games.  If I had to decide today, though, I would bring him back.

w/ Enunwa back that will be huge for him and this group.

Archived