Are we good with Anderson and Kearse as our 1 and 2 for next year?

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, section314 said:

If we pick up another WR in draft or FA, I could see Enunwa moving to TE. Just hope he is healthy. Nasty injury.

Yes, he needs to get back to 100% or close.  we have some weapons to build on for the first time in a while.  The #1 priority needs to be rebuilding this OL.  I hope we get a good QB prospect but we need an overhaul on the OL.  at least 2-3 new starters next year.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Yes, he needs to get back to 100% or close.  we have some weapons to build on for the first time in a while.  The #1 priority needs to be rebuilding this OL.  I hope we get a good QB prospect but we need an overhaul on the OL.  at least 2-3 new starters next year.

Totally agree. We need 1-2 Olinemen, plus an edge rusher, as well as the obvious QB. Say we pick 8-10 ish. Would it be the worst thing to get one of of those two positions filled rather than reach for a QB? 

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Totally agree. We need 1-2 Olinemen, plus an edge rusher, as well as the obvious QB. Say we pick 8-10 ish. Would it be the worst thing to get one of of those two positions filled rather than reach for a QB? 

They can't just take a QB to take one.  If they love one and have to move up then do it, if they don't then don't take one.  This will obviously be the biggest offseason for Macc and company. This offseason could set us up to be really good over the next decade or set us back again.

As others have said, the Enunwa situation will definitely be a factor.  Anderson and Kearse are obviously set here and not going anywhere, so the question will be a combination of Enunwa's health and team's feelings about Stewart and Hansen's future.  If they have confidence, they could certainly stand pat with what they have.  If there are any concerns about those guys, even then they wouldn't need to look beyond the second tier of guys in FA, more for a #3 type option than anything.

16 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Let's hope Enunwa can come back from his injury.  If so this can be a pretty good group, including ASJ.  The good thing about Anderson and Kearse is they look durable.

Never thought we'd be able to to say Anderson is durable, but it may be so... He's so skinny it's hard to hit him somewhere. 

18 hours ago, August said:

We're set at the wide receiver position for the foreseeable future. Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, and Kerley is a good group and they're all under 30.

Until this post I had actually forgotten Kerley is still a Jet. Shows how well the others have played in his absence.

Sorry, we definitely do need a young WR1.  Right now we have Enunwa, Anderson and Kearse and they are all number 2 wrs.  But Julio Jones or Brandon Marshall they are not, at least not yet.

Yes Anderson is on a hot streak, but he didn't start the season off well, and i'd argue a lot has to do with some pretty darn good passing by McCown.  Kearse also seems to get the majority of looks by the primary db.

So maybe Anderson develops (puts some muscle on etc) into a real wr1 and maybe Enunwa delivers his potential, but i'm not sold quite yet and that doesnt mean we shouldn't be looking.  I'd say that we really need a good slot WR to upgrade Kerley, and that can often be found in the mid rounds.  They shouldn't pass on an AJ Green type  generational talent either (assuming no QB picks are available).

Yes, I think Jets are good at WR if they fix OL and draft a QB for the future - plenty of FA possession receivers 

For whatever reason, undrafted players do not seem to get enough credit in the NFL even when they prove they can play, like Snacks on the Jets, Kearse was underrated and has been worth more than Sheldon on this team, that ten year second round all pro OL the Jets draft with that 2nd round pick will be nice bonus

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They can't just take a QB to take one.  If they love one and have to move up then do it, if they don't then don't take one.  This will obviously be the biggest offseason for Macc and company. This offseason could set us up to be really good over the next decade or set us back again.

Exactly right.  If we pick like 15th, are we going to use that on a QB just to say "we took a QB!".  I certainly hope not.  If a QB that Macc loves falls to us (highly unlikely) then draft him.  Else we have to trade up and do things the right way or go in another direction entirely.  Alex Smith and Sam Bradford will be realistic (PAINFUL!) options but what choice do we have.  Next year we can always cherish the victories we had this year over Cleveland and Miami!

On 12/3/2017 at 6:50 PM, pointman said:

That is Enunwa. And we have ASJ.. and Chad is looking good too. 

I agree.  They also need to treat Stewart as more than an afterthought.  With his speed, developing more situational plays specifically with him in mind will add another layer to a potentially very good receiving corps.  

50 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

How about Jarvis Landry?

I don't see that many quality O-lineman to spend money in this upcoming offseason

I like him but I don't really like overpaying a WR. If I'm looking at FA I think my targets in order would be:

Kirk Cousins

Trumaine Johnson

Malcolm Butler

Corey Linsley

Le'Veon Bell

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

*I don't think Ziggy Ansah hits FA 

21 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I like him but I don't really like overpaying a WR. If I'm looking at FA I think my targets in order would be:

Kirk Cousins

Trumaine Johnson

Malcolm Butler

Corey Linsley

Le'Veon Bell

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Pass on Butler and Cousins both are insanely overrated

I want no part of Bell and think paying RB’s is a huge mistake

Landry and Robinson would be my top 2 targets along with Jimmy Graham if he agrees to a 2 year deal

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Pass on Butler and Cousins both are insanely overrated

I want no part of Bell and think paying RB’s is a huge mistake

Landry and Robinson would be my top 2 targets along with Jimmy Graham if he agrees to a 2 year deal

Agreed on the overrated. I also want no part of Bell, I just think paying Landry $10-15M a year makes no sense with the players we have now which is why Bell is higher.

22 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Kirk Cousins

Trumaine Johnson

Malcolm Butler

Corey Linsley

Le'Veon Bell

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Le’Veon Bell is an interesting player. 

Archived