There goes the whole "the kid learned humility" angle for Geno

jgb

15 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Your opinion nothing more.  Geno had 105 passer rating his last 4-5 starts in his second season and was the projected starter the following season until his face ran into IT's first.  His next chance to start he was playing ok before getting a season ending knee injury.  

Ah, so Mark Sanchez doesn't get a pass for one bad season followed by a major injury but Geno Smith does?

LOL.

One won 4 playoff games.  One couldn't even muster a winning season.  Geno Smith made Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana.

SAR I

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yet you claim he is blacklisted?

He is blacklisted.

Unless you've been living under a rock the past week, McAdoo was in a power struggle with Mara and benched Eli just to spite the owner.  The moment McAdoo is shown the door so too is Geno Smith.

He's a joke.  He's the biggest draft bust in Jets history.  Time to move on.

SAR I

It's really sad the Jets as a franchise is so bereft of any substantive success anyone cares what 2 bad nonentities formerly associated with the Jets say or do.

ESPN figures to dump Ryan in the next round of layoffs, and Smith is probably about to collect some of his last NFL gameday checks this month.

Vaya con Dios Rex y Geno! Don't let the door hit you in the ass. 

42 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Geno smith sucks I can believe we are still talking about the bum anyone who has more interceptions then turn overs more interceptions then starts, more turn overs then games he has played in does not have room to talk. If I recall that 8-8 team was set up by the gm to loose and the defense bailed them out. Geno showed some promise but it went to to his head and he never developed the mentality to play in this league at a constant high level.

Any one defending geno smith as a nfl starter needs to really question his knowledge of the game.  Rex has his issues an he has a biog mouth but he did something with the jets to championship games he lost but hey he was the coach there and the people that hate him have to remember those yrs with some happiness or joy. Rex ran his course and needed to go but neither has room to talk

Put Mark Sanchez, tunover machine, top on that list ha. 110 turnovers, in 78 games played?. That’s total games played, not just starts. And we lead the league in rushing attempts when he was here lol. Total bust.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

He is blacklisted.

Unless you've been living under a rock the past week, McAdoo was in a power struggle with Mara and benched Eli just to spite the owner.  The moment McAdoo is shown the door so too is Geno Smith.

He's a joke.  He's the biggest draft bust in Jets history.  Time to move on.

SAR I

Here it is in BLACK and White dude. THERE IS NO DOUBT MARA SIGNED OFF ON THIS. Once again you make sh*t up to support your bullsh*t.

Q: Is Ben McAdoo the Grinch here?

A: On the surface, yes indeed. But he is not alone. Deep down, McAdoo and general manager Jerry Reese genuinely feel this is in the best interest of the organization, a source told The Post. And there is no way a decision of this magnitude is made without approval from ownership. This is bigger than McAdoo, a coach who almost definitely will not be back in 2018. Ownership would not allow a lame-duck head coach to embarrass a franchise icon unless it was in lockstep with the move. There is no doubt John Mara signed off on this.

Q: Is this unfairly cruel to Eli Manning?
A: Of course it is, but it is far from unprecedented. When players say they want to “Pull a Strahan’’ they are referring to playing their entire career with one team and announcing their retirement as they hoist the Lombardi Trophy, just like Michael Strahan did. Very few are able to do so. Don’t forget, on the day Phil Simms was released, Wellington Mara sat in the back of the room and wept. Joe Namath, Joe Montana and Brett Favre all moved on and wore different uniforms. After the shock wears off, this could end up being a positive development for Manning, if he gets to finish up with a team on the rise.

Q: Does this controversial move have repercussions off the field?
A: You bet it does. Former Giants Justin Tuck, David Carr, Plaxico Burress, Brandon Jacobs, Osi Umenyiora and David Diehl took to Twitter to rip the benching of Manning. Tuck tweeted it was the “STUPIDEST” decision he had seen in sports. Shaun O’Hara criticized the move on NFL Network. They all won Super Bowls with Eli and are fiercely loyal to him. This will not sever the relationship but it will affect it. Kurt Warner, the last quarterback to start a game for the Giants other than Manning, said on NFL Network, “Shame on the Giants.’’ For now, the proud Giants franchise is tarnished.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

18 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Here it is in BLACK and White dude. THERE IS NO DOUBT MARA SIGNED OFF ON THIS. Once again you make sh*t up to support your bullsh*t.

image.gif

If you listened to Mike Francesa's interview with John Mara this evening you'd know that he didn't sign off on Geno Smith starting.  He signed off on Eli Manning being given a leash and agreed that if he wasn't moving the offense early in the game he would get pulled for the backup in the second half.

McAdoo didn't pose the situation to Eli in this manner.  He told Eli that even if he were lighting it up in the first half he was going to sit in the second half of the remaining games to keep his streak alive and give the other QB's a chance.  Eli thought that was ridiculous and withdrew from the starters job.  And that started the fan revolt and the attacks on Mara.

Mara fired McAdoo and Reese on the grounds of "poor communication" amongst their divisions.  He must have said this 10x during the interview. 

Almost makes you feel bad for Geno, being used as a pawn of revenge by a doomed head coach trying to make his owner look bad.  But then you remember it's Geno Smith, biggest bust in Jets history, and you just laugh.

SAR I

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

...who actually had some success once.

Unlike Geno Smith, biggest bust in Jets history.  Makes Blair Thomas look good.

SAR I

Oh the hyperbolies!!!!

A 2nd round pick that didn't work out, what a rare thing in Jets history...

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you listened to Mike Francesa's interview with John Mara this evening you'd know that he didn't sign off on Geno Smith starting.  He signed off on Eli Manning being given a leash and agreed that if he wasn't moving the offense early in the game he would get pulled for the backup in the second half.

McAdoo didn't pose the situation to Eli in this manner.  He told Eli that even if he were lighting it up in the first half he was going to sit in the second half of the remaining games to keep his streak alive and give the other QB's a chance.  Eli thought that was ridiculous and withdrew from the starters job.  And that started the fan revolt and the attacks on Mara.

Mara fired McAdoo and Reese on the grounds of "poor communication" amongst their divisions.  He must have said this 10x during the interview. 

Almost makes you feel bad for Geno, being used as a pawn of revenge by a doomed head coach trying to make his owner look bad.  But then you remember it's Geno Smith, biggest bust in Jets history, and you just laugh.

SAR I

So Mara signed off on BENCHING Manning in game but not starting Geno? That would be an even bigger slap in the face than starting friggin Geno. You don't know what took place because because the whole thing hasn't come out yet if it ever will. It still doesn't address what you said about the whole power struggle bullsh*t. All of this was AFTER THE FACT on that Giants schill Francessa's show. He wouldn't press Mara on anything. More likely he was practically sucking his dick. You can't dig your way out of this one pal. Mara even suggested that "we should see what we have in terms of other QB's on the roster" at the time when Eli was benched. Mara was pissed at the way it was handled not the actual benching. There are articles all over the place about him throwing Macadoo-doo under the bus in every paper after the firing. Mara knew about it and signed off on it. No power play from a coach who was already as good as gone and a GM who was right behind him. You keep on keeping on though. Here is something that is sure to make you cream your jeans:

image.png

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

...who actually had some success once.

Unlike Geno Smith, biggest bust in Jets history.  Makes Blair Thomas look good.

SAR I

How is a second round QB a bust?  Second round QBs aren't expected to become franchise QBs.  Geno Smith will probably have a 10+ year career in the NFL is a backup.  Mark Sanchez's career is hanging by a string.  

And please, stop it with your nonsense.  Mark Sanchez was only along for the ride in 2009 and 2010.  He was on some loaded teams that won in spite of him.  He was Joey Harrington on a good team.  We saw how he looked once he had to shoulder more of the load. 

Just now, gEYno said:

Oh the hyperbolies!!!!

A 2nd round pick that didn't work out, what a rare thing in Jets history...

It's not that he was a second round pick.  Lots of second round picks bust.

It's what he cost us.  He destroyed the 2010 Jets and sent us back to the dark ages.  That's what happens when you put all your eggs in the young QB basket.  When he busts, he busts big.  And do you recall your Jets history?  Let's look at other drafted QB's.

Sanchez won playoff games.  Pennington won playoff games.  Clemens never got the keys to the kingdom.  Nor did Bollinger, nor did Lucas, or Foley, or even Nagle, all got one season or less.  Geno got two full seasons and stuck around for a third.

Geno Smith is an epic bust.  Epic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Jets_starting_quarterbacks

SAR I

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So Mara signed off on BENCHING Manning in game but not starting Geno? That would be an even bigger slap in the face than starting friggin Geno. You don't know what took place because because the whole thing hasn't come out yet if it ever will. It still doesn't address what you said about the whole power struggle bullsh*t. All of this was AFTER THE FACT on that Giants schill Francessa's show. He wouldn't press Mara on anything. More likely he was practically sucking his dick. You can't dig your way out of this one pal. Mara even suggested that "we should see what we have in terms of other QB's on the roster" at the time when Eli was benched. Mara was pissed at the way it was handled not the actual benching. There are articles all over the place about him throwing Macadoo-doo under the bus in every paper after the firing. Mara knew about it and signed off on it. No power play from a coach who was already as good as gone and a GM who was right behind him. You keep on keeping on though. Here is something that is sure to make you cream your jeans:

image.png

It's time for you to let him go. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Your opinion nothing more.  Geno had 105 passer rating his last 4-5 starts in his second season and was the projected starter the following season until his face ran into IT's first.  His next chance to start he was playing ok before getting a season ending knee injury.    This Sunday in his first start since the injury, he played well enough to win and had marched the team down the field for what should have been the game with the winning score if the defense had down its job.   I get this emotional response to Geno as if he committed some personal affront to you or your family,  but he is still only 25-26 and some team will sign him this off season and he may very well win a starting job.  The NFL is not exactly brimming with blue chip talent at the quarterback position.  Bottom line is if Fitzpatrick and McCown can last and play in this league, there is no reason to believe Geno can't in the right situation.

Can't we just concede that anything that isn't a statistic is an opinion posted here on a fan messageboard? It's not an argument to point out that opinions are opinions.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

How is a second round QB a bust? 

It does not matter where the quarterback is drafted.  What matters is whether he is the chosen one, the one that the team is built around, the one getting the investment of multiple years of starting time.

You can't find another Jets draftee that was given 2+ years of starting time and accomplished so little in our entire history.  I'm no fan of Ken O'Brien or Richard Todd, other skechy Jets QB's, but at least they had winning seasons, at least they played in playoff games.

Defending Geno Smith is a joke.  He's terrible.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Your opinion nothing more.  Geno had 105 passer rating his last 4-5 starts in his second season and was the projected starter the following season until his face ran into IT's first.  His next chance to start he was playing ok before getting a season ending knee injury.    This Sunday in his first start since the injury, he played well enough to win and had marched the team down the field for what should have been the game with the winning score if the defense had down its job.   I get this emotional response to Geno as if he committed some personal affront to you or your family,  but he is still only 25-26 and some team will sign him this off season and he may very well win a starting job.  The NFL is not exactly brimming with blue chip talent at the quarterback position.  Bottom line is if Fitzpatrick and McCown can last and play in this league, there is no reason to believe Geno can't in the right situation.

Indiana...let it go.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It does not matter where the quarterback is drafted.  What matters is whether he is the chosen one, the one that the team is built around, the one getting the investment of multiple years of starting time.

You can't find another Jets draftee that was given 2+ years of starting time and accomplished so little in our entire history.  I'm no fan of Ken O'Brien or Richard Todd, other skechy Jets QB's, but at least they had winning seasons, at least they played in playoff games.

Defending Geno Smith is a joke.  He's terrible.

SAR I

What do you think Mark Sanchez would have done if he started as a rookie in 2013 and was a second year starter in 2014?  Playoffs?  Probably the same results, if not worse.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not that he was a second round pick.  Lots of second round picks bust.

It's what he cost us.  He destroyed the 2010 Jets and sent us back to the dark ages.  That's what happens when you put all your eggs in the young QB basket.  When he busts, he busts big.  And do you recall your Jets history?  Let's look at other drafted QB's.

Sanchez won playoff games.  Pennington won playoff games.  Clemens never got the keys to the kingdom.  Nor did Bollinger, nor did Lucas, or Foley, or even Nagle, all got one season or less.  Geno got two full seasons and stuck around for a third.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Jets_starting_quarterbacks

SAR I

Geno destroyed the 2010 Jets!!!  Not only an epic bust, but a goddamn time traveler!!!

28 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

What do you think Mark Sanchez would have done if he started as a rookie in 2013 and was a second year starter in 2014?  Playoffs?  Probably the same results, if not worse.

This has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.  Geno Smith sucked completely on his own.

What's funny about you Geno people is how you always have to have a comparo to another Jets quarterback.  Two years ago you couldn't have a debate about Geno Smith without saying "but....but...but....Ryan Fitpatrick....." in every post.

Talk about Geno without mentioning another Jets quarterback in an attempt to make Geno look good because the rest of them were so bad.  I dare you.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Geno destroyed the 2010 Jets!!!  Not only an epic bust, but a goddamn time traveler!!!

He destroyed what was left of them.  The moment the Jets decided to bet the franchise on Mr. Dick Pic a whole series of events led to coaches and players being shown the door.  Where other franchises rebuild on the fly, where other franchises figure out a way to maintain a 9 or 10 win caliber team, the Geno Smith era set us back to the dark ages.  Look at the last 5 years and then look at the 5 years prior to that.  It's criminal what Idzik did, but ultimately it's Geno Smith who couldn't win a meaningful game in his life.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's time for you to let him go. 

SAR I

LMFAO. Geno "friggin" Smith gets no love from me. YOU'RE the one who claims he is blackballed. You're the one who didn't address anything I called you on because you know your full of sh*t. Exposed once again.

image.png

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

This has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.  Geno Smith sucked completely on his own.

What's funny about you Geno people is how you always have to have a comparo to another Jets quarterback.  Two years ago you couldn't have a debate about Geno Smith without saying "but....but...but....Ryan Fitpatrick....." in every post.

Talk about Geno without mentioning another Jets quarterback in an attempt to make Geno look good because the rest of them were so bad.  I dare you.

SAR I

Keep the same energy and stop being a hypocrite if Sanchez not having much around him is a factor in terms of his play then why isn't that a factor for Geno? 

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Can't we just concede that anything that isn't a statistic is an opinion posted here on a fan messageboard? It's not an argument to point out that opinions are opinions.

When stated as a fact no I can't.  Somethings are facts and others are opinions but then you knew that already.  Things like Geno had his jaw broken by IK, his first year the team went 8-8 etc.  To say he doesn't have the mentality to start is an opinion, get it now?

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

When stated as a fact no I can't.  Somethings are facts and others are opinions but then you knew that already.  Things like Geno had his jaw broken by IK, his first year the team went 8-8 etc.  To say he doesn't have the mentality to start is an opinion, get it now?

image.png

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'm not a Geno Smith person.  I just think it's funny that you rip Geno, but not Sanchez.  The only difference between them is that one played on two loaded teams and the other played with trash.  

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

I'm not a Geno Smith person.  I just think it's funny that you rip Geno, but not Sanchez.  The only difference between them is that one played on two loaded teams and the other played with trash.  

One was good and the other wasn't.

The 'loaded" teams Mark played couldn't even make the playoffs w/ Brett Favre in 2008 in a year Brady was lost for the season week 1.  We had some talent and Mark was part o that.  Geno showed flashes but mostly late in seasons when we were out of the race, mark stepped up in playoff games.

14 hours ago, August said:

Keep the same energy and stop being a hypocrite if Sanchez not having much around him is a factor in terms of his play then why isn't that a factor for Geno? 

Mark Sanchez proved himself when surrounded by talent and was weak when that talent was taken away and not replaced. 

Geno Smith never proved himself at all. And when needed most, at Oakland in 2015, to get the 10th win that would send us to the playoffs with an elite offense that set the team record for most TD’s in a season, he was just as terrible as he always was. 

We saw Sanchez with/without a talented offense and the same goes for Geno.  He sucked either way.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez proved himself when surrounded by talent and was weak when that talent was taken away and not replaced. 

Geno Smith never proved himself at all. And when needed most, at Oakland in 2015, to get the 10th win that would send us to the playoffs with an elite offense that set the team record for most TD’s in a season, he was just as terrible as he always was. 

We saw Sanchez with/without a talented offense and the same goes for Geno.  He sucked either way.

SAR I

What?  Is this a Trump Tweet? 

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You're not keeping the same energy. You're quick to point out how the defense didn't step up in certain situations so how is the defense giving up big plays to Oakland correlates to Geno's play? And when Geno did have weapons around him he played well. As a matter of fact someone posted the numbers in an old article. 

Archived