There goes the whole "the kid learned humility" angle for Geno

jgb

On 12/3/2017 at 10:05 PM, JetBlue said:

Rex Ryan threw him under the bus but you have a problem with Geno defending himself?  Your agenda is showing...

With all he's gone through, you would have thought he learned, and been the bigger man and shut up.  He did a pretty good job of that over the past couple of years and he got himself back into the league, gained a second string job to Eli, not bad.  Geno doesn't have the luxury of being outspoken, just shut up, work hard, do your job and hope for the best.  Would Eli have responded to comments like this, I don't think so.  He wouldn't lower himself. 

Rex's comments are irrelevant at this point.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Only if Rex had convinced farve to stay. Guy was a MVP candidate for Vikings in 09, and we were stuck with writing plays in crayons for hotdog boy ?. Geno and Sanchez were equally garbage. Sanchez just had a MUCH better jet team than geno. 

Never liked Favre, never liked giving him $13M for one year while Pennington went to the pathetic Dolphins and made the playoffs.  Rodgers is 10x the QB Favre is.

35 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Never liked Favre, never liked giving him $13M for one year while Pennington went to the pathetic Dolphins and made the playoffs.  Rodgers is 10x the QB Favre is.

I agree about Rodgers. But farve was 10x the qb Sanchez was in 09 ha. Pennington had his chances. Was nothing great. Fins had a good team then. He was just above Sanchez imo

14 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Really?  Go take a look at the Fins record the year before Pennington got there.

I believe one of the greatest coaches ever came to there organization and flipped their franchise around Just like he did with ours. Look at our record 2 yrs before Parcells came aboard for us ha.  Chads stats were better than I thought for 1 yr. Farve’s stats in 09 were a lot better than chads one good season. Farve threw for 4202 yards. 33/7! Td to ints.  Chad 3653 19/7. Not even close 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I believe one of the greatest coaches ever came to there organization and flipped their franchise around Just like he did with ours. Look at our record 2 yrs before Parcells came aboard for us ha.  Chads stats were better than I thought for 1 yr. Farve’s stats in 09 were a lot better than chads one good season. Farve threw for 4202 yards. 33/7! Td to ints.  Chad 3653 19/7. Not even close 

nyet weaponz?

17 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Brett Favre got hurt in 2008 and the rosters weren't the same, so get out of here with those BS arguments.  You're insane if you think the Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2009 with Brett Favre.  

Brett Favre was the ironman, he could play through any pain and the injury supposedly happened in October, he played his only good stretch of football in November so please stop using the injury excuse for the ironman.  He played and gets evaluated on how he played which was awful and cost us a great chance in a weak AFC that year.

Brett Favre NEVER wanted to be here and played like it, if we were to get 2009 Brett favre we would have won a SB but that guy played for Minnesota not us b/c he wanted to play for Minnesota to stick it to GB and even w/ him chances are he makes the big mistake in the playoffs like he so often did.  There's a reason Favre only won one SB in all his years as a starter in this league.  He was a gunslinger who could make the big mistake just as easily as making the big play.

23 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

or perhaps we should just realize that Sanchez or Geno "friggin" Smith are not franchise QB's, never were franchise QB's or never will be franchise QB's. If they were they would be starting for an actual franchise.

Stop lumping Mark Sanchez, second-best quarterback in NY Jets history, in with Geno Smith, worst quarterback in NY Jets history.  I will not tolerate it.  No actual Jets fan would.

Mark Sanchez was great for a while, leading us to great success, elevating his game in the most high-pressure of situations.  His performances for 2009, 2010, and most of 2011 was the best consecutive run of Jets quarterback play in our history.

Geno Smith did nothing.  He'll never play another NFL game.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop lumping Mark Sanchez, second-best quarterback in NY Jets history, in with Geno Smith, worst quarterback in NY Jets history.  I will not tolerate it.  No actual Jets fan would.

Mark Sanchez was great for a while, leading us to great success, elevating his game in the most high-pressure of situations.  His performances for 2009, 2010, and most of 2011 was the best consecutive run of Jets quarterback play in our history.

SAR I

Geno "friggin" Smith sucked. Aside from 2 seasons so did Mark Sanchez. You claim Geno"friggin"Smith did nothing which is right but in an earlier post you say he was being blackballed. How? He is on a team in the NFL and did just start a game. Badly mind you but he did start a game. Is that what you call blackballing? Furthermore where is Sanchez? If Geno"friggin"Smith is on an NFL team where oh where is the "second-best QB in NY Jets history"? The answer? NOWHERE. Mark Sanchez will never play another game in the NFL either. So my point holds true. Neither QB  was the answer, and never will be the answer. Here ya go because I just can't resist:

image.png

57 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Geno "friggin" Smith sucked. Aside from 2 seasons so did Mark Sanchez. You claim Geno"friggin"Smith did nothing which is right but in an earlier post you say he was being blackballed. How? He is on a team in the NFL and did just start a game. Badly mind you but he did start a game. Is that what you call blackballing? Furthermore where is Sanchez? If Geno"friggin"Smith is on an NFL team where oh where is the "second-best QB in NY Jets history"? The answer? NOWHERE. Mark Sanchez will never play another game in the NFL either. So my point holds true. Neither QB  was the answer, and never will be the answer. Here ya go because I just can't resist:

"Aside from 2 seasons".  LOL.

You do realize that some of your hero Jets quarterbacks didn't come close to that level of performance in 2 seasons, yes?  Back to back playoff appearances.  Let's go through them all.  Testaverde, nope.  Pennington, nope.  Favre, nope.  Lucas, O'Donnell, Reich, Esiason, Nagle, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

You have to go back 32 years to the last Jets quarterback who made the playoffs in consecutive years, and that quarterback went 0-2 in the playoff games he played in, the great Ken O'Brien and his happy feet ruining strong defensive teams.  Unlike Mark Sanchez who complimented them and played big in big games, won more road playoff games than any other quarterback in Jets history won at home and on the road combined.  Even Joe Namath only won 2 playoff games and was .500 when he had the luxury of homefield.

Don't mention Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith in the same thread again.  The two are not comparable.  Geno Smith's Jets comparison is Dick Wood.  Look him up. 

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

You do realize that some of your hero Jets quarterbacks didn't come close to that level of performance in 2 seasons, yes?  Back to back playoff appearances.  Let's go through them all.  Testaverde, nope.  Pennington, nope.  Favre, nope.  Lucas, O'Donnell, Reich, Esiason, Nagle, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

You have to go back 32 years to the last Jets quarterback who made the playoffs in consecutive years, and that quarterback went 0-2 in the playoff games he played in, the great Ken O'Brien and his happy feet ruining strong defensive teams.  Unlike Mark Sanchez who complimented them and played big in big games, won more road playoff games than any other quarterback in Jets history won at home and on the road combined.  Even Joe Namath only won 2 playoff games and was .500 when he had the luxury of homefield.

Don't mention Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith in the same thread again.  The two are not comparable.  Geno Smith's Jets comparison is Dick Wood.  Look him up. 

SAR I

it absolutely amazes me the way Jet fans bash him and yet will praise someone like Brett Favre.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Mark Sanchez and Geno "friggin" Smith. Both sucked and should be forgotten. Here ya go:

image.png

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Geno > Mark.

Really not close nor doesn’t it need a debate.

Proof is in the pudding. Geno started last week.  Where was Mark?

case closed.  

How many playoff games has Geno won? How many playoff games has Geno played in? Oh but wait he was used as a power play pawn for a coach and GM on death row on a 2 win team--and then they were fired. Nevermind, that's what's important. :rolleyes:

okay, so why isn't geno starting for the giaints if he's so good?  maybe mcaadoodoo botched the whole ELIte thing but the giaints really needed to be looking elsewhere at this point of the season and ELItes career.  and so where is geno?  back on the bench.  

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay, so why isn't geno starting for the giaints if he's so good?  maybe mcaadoodoo botched the whole ELIte thing but the giaints really needed to be looking elsewhere at this point of the season and ELItes career.  and so where is geno?  back on the bench.  

He's not starting because of politics. Based on his play from last week he earned another start this week but the fans and media forced the owners hand. 

On 12/8/2017 at 7:47 AM, JiF said:

Geno > Mark.

Really not close nor doesn’t it need a debate.

Proof is in the pudding. Geno started last week.  Where was Mark?

case closed.  

Ha ha ha!  Used as a pawn to get his head coach fired then benched immediately thereafter.

Awesome, the depths some of you Geno lovers will go to to claim some 'victory'.

SAR I

On 12/8/2017 at 8:53 AM, JetFaninMI said:

Mark Sanchez and Geno "friggin" Smith. Both sucked and should be forgotten. Here ya go:

Mark Sanchez is the second-greatest QB in team history.  You can cry about it all you want and play the racist card all you like but it doesn't change that fact.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, August said:

He's not starting because of politics. Based on his play from last week he earned another start this week but the fans and media forced the owners hand. 

You're losing your energy.  Geno is not starting because he sucks.  Say it.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is the second-greatest QB in team history.  You can cry about it all you want and play the racist card all you like but it doesn't change that fact.

SAR I

That's it? The racist card? For all your posturing YOUR true colors have finally shown through. Don't project on me your insecurities and shortcomings. They are all your own.

Sanchez was the product of the team he played on. His "greatness" was a product of that. Ultimately he failed and has since been exposed. Your inability to acknowledge that is your problem. Blaming his failures on everyone but him is just an excuse.

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ha ha ha!  Used as a pawn to get his head coach fired then benched immediately thereafter.

Awesome, the depths some of you Geno lovers will go to to claim some 'victory'.

SAR I

Facts are facts.  Geno balled out on Sunday while Mark Sanchez was in street clothes.

The lengths so of you Sanchez lovers/Geno haters go to avoid facts is amazing.  

I don't hate Mark Sanchez but I do find the double standards to be interesting. If the logic is that Sanchez was good when he had talent around him but struggled once the talent eroded, then seeing Smith struggle with little talent should indicate that maybe if he had better talent then he might play better. This is just using their logic. 

5 minutes ago, August said:

I don't hate Mark Sanchez but I do find the double standards to be interesting. If the logic is that Sanchez was good when he had talent around him but struggled once the talent eroded, then seeing Smith struggle with little talent should indicate that maybe if he had better talent then he might play better. This is just using their logic. 

Talk about selective reading, the majority say Sanchez sucks

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Facts are facts.  Geno balled out on Sunday while Mark Sanchez was in street clothes.

The lengths so of you Sanchez lovers/Geno haters go to avoid facts is amazing.  

Geno sure balled, he balled his HC and GM right out of a job

On 12/7/2017 at 8:21 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.  This Geno hate of yours speaks to some serious underlying issues.... maybe you should seek professional help.  It really is not that serious.

1 hour ago, August said:

I understand to a degree, afterall that team did make the AFC championship for two straight years and went into NE and beat the Pats in the  playoffs.  Mark played well in that game so I will always have a soft spot for him myself.  I just don't understand why if we have to hate one to like the other or make an objective evaluation on each player without resorting to all the emotionality. 

Archived