There goes the whole "the kid learned humility" angle for Geno

jgb

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I understand to a degree, afterall that team did make the AFC championship for two straight years and went into NE and beat the Pats in the  playoffs.  Mark played well in that game so I will always have a soft spot for him myself.  I just don't understand why if we have to hate one to like the other or make an objective evaluation on each player without resorting to all the emotionality. 

There are many reasons but one of them is that they were upset about Smith replacing Sanchez. Some people never got over it. 

geno smith sucks 39 interceptions in 32 starts how many fumble, never learned the pro game after his first yr. Anyone comparing Geno Smith with Sanchez's 2 yr playoff runs  is either a smith fan boy or does not know football plain and simple. there is no argument based on numbers where you can make Geno smith successful in his tenure so far in the nfl wins and loses turn overs to tds.  He could not eve get free agency right. it was his chance to get out of the medi spot light and start from scratch in stead the moron stayed in the biggest media market where he has media issues.

2 hours ago, rammagen said:

geno smith sucks 39 interceptions in 32 starts how many fumble, never learned the pro game after his first yr. Anyone comparing Geno Smith with Sanchez's 2 yr playoff runs  is either a smith fan boy or does not know football plain and simple. there is no argument based on numbers where you can make Geno smith successful in his tenure so far in the nfl wins and loses turn overs to tds.  He could not eve get free agency right. it was his chance to get out of the medi spot light and start from scratch in stead the moron stayed in the biggest media market where he has media issues.

Dude if Sanchez and come out of college and played for the Jet teams Geno played on he would be in therapy right now. 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Dude if Sanchez and come out of college and played for the Jet teams Geno played on he would be in therapy right now. 

We should all be on therapy watching people fend geno smith as if he is actually good. Over a course of 31  starts we have seen him make the same mistake over and over again and yet people defend him. One thing I have noticed though it is never Geno's fault it is always the team he plays on fault. Miss an open receiver several times it is the Geno being harried , he fumbles the ball the olinemen missed the bloc,k he throws an interception the receiver should have fought harder.

Geno Smith sucks and really is no more then a back up qb until he learns and unfortunately his comments show he hasn't. And for those two yrs here Sanchez did was what expected and did not hurt the team which is more the Geno Smith could ever say

...or perhaps we should have fired Rex Ryan, fired Tony Sparano, kept Mike Tannenbaum, and focused on building an offense for the first time in 20 years.
SAR I

Are you related to Mike Tannenbaum?
It seems you always bring up his firing as being the reason the Jets went into decline.
It’s not like he was a Ron Wolfe or a Dick Haley while he was here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

That's it? The racist card? For all your posturing YOUR true colors have finally shown through. Don't project on me your insecurities and shortcomings. They are all your own.

Sanchez was the product of the team he played on. His "greatness" was a product of that. Ultimately he failed and has since been exposed. Your inability to acknowledge that is your problem. Blaming his failures on everyone but him is just an excuse.

Stop bringing Mark Sanchez into the conversation.

This thread is all about why Geno Smith sucks.  He's good at doing that all by himself.

SAR I

12 hours ago, JiF said:

Facts are facts.  Geno balled out on Sunday while Mark Sanchez was in street clothes.

The lengths so of you Sanchez lovers/Geno haters go to avoid facts is amazing.  

Again, this "Geno Sucks" thread isn't about Mark Sanchez.  Just like last year's "Geno Sucks" thread wasn't about Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Gina sucks just fine on his own.  This incessant "but...but...but...[insert name here] sucked too!" angle just isn't going to work.

You Gina lovers have no evidence to support your claims, so all you do is run to the next-worst quarterback who sucked just slightly less than Gina did and "whaaa, whaaa" you cry some strawman argument that, somehow, you think is going to make Gina look less bad. 

This bum has already cost us 5 seasons, going on a 6th.  And you worship him.  Pathetic.  Simply pathetic.

SAR I

10 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I understand to a degree, afterall that team did make the AFC championship for two straight years and went into NE and beat the Pats in the  playoffs.  Mark played well in that game so I will always have a soft spot for him myself.  I just don't understand why if we have to hate one to like the other or make an objective evaluation on each player without resorting to all the emotionality. 

Gina fans lobbied for this guy since 2012, thought they nailed it in 2013, and can't just say "oops, sorry, I was wrong, the guy is a bum".

Instead they have to pick fights with normal Jets fans which only makes them look more stupid.

SAR I

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Yes.  Precisely.  Geno is the reason for inflation as well.  Traffic in NYC?  Geno Smith’s fault.  Global Warming?  All Geno. 

I think I speak on behalf of everyone on JN when I say that we've shown more than enough patience for you and your Gina lovers social agenda and iit's time you all moved on now.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wonder if Patriot fans are still debating Scott Zolak vs Tom Tupa

To be clear:  No one is debating Mark Sanchez vs. Geno Smith.

Geno Smith snowflakes are grasping at straws supporting a bum who has had a hand in 3 of the worst football seasons in New York sports history and, with no evidence to show of any of the player's ability for the past 4 years, they have to drag other Jets QB's through the mud.  First it was Sanchez, then it was Fitzpatrick, now it's Manning.  Give it a few months, they'll be going after McCown too.  It's what they do.  "It doesn't matter that I didn't date the prom queen....you didn't either!"  Like that's some form of victory.  Pathetic.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

To be clear:  No one is debating Mark Sanchez vs. Geno Smith.

Geno Smith snowflakes are grasping at straws supporting a bum who has had a hand in 3 of the worst football seasons in New York sports history and, with no evidence to show of any of the player's ability for the past 4 years, they have to drag other Jets QB's through the mud.  First it was Sanchez, then it was Fitzpatrick, now it's Manning.  Give it a few months, they'll be going after McCown too.  It's what they do.  "It doesn't matter that I didn't date the prom queen....you didn't either!"  Like that's some form of victory.  Pathetic.

SAR I

Geno was just a bad player like the rest of those bad players

The Geno lovers do have a point tho he was working with nothing that 2013 season

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Geno was just a bad player like the rest of those bad players

The Geno lovers do have a point tho he was working with nothing that 2013 season

Gina had a better supporting cast in 2013 than Mark Sanchez did in 2012 and that doesn't seem to register with them either.  Somehow that's a valid excuse for Broken Jaw Dick Pic but not for the guy that actually won playoff games...with a weaker roster.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Gina had a better supporting cast in 2013 than Mark Sanchez did in 2012 and that doesn't seem to register with them either.  Somehow that's a valid excuse for Broken Jaw Dick Pic but not for the guy that actually won playoff games...with a weaker roster.

SAR I

How did he have a better supporting cast? His best receiver was Kellen freaking Winslow

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop bringing Mark Sanchez into the conversation.

This thread is all about why Geno Smith sucks.  He's good at doing that all by himself.

SAR I

Whatever. Lets not lose sight of the fact that Sanchez was brought into the conversation by YOU. Geno"friggin" Smith does suck and I have no love for him. You start numerous threads about Sanchez and how everyone else is a fool because they don't worship him as you do. There is a phrase in Yiddish that describes you perfectly: Hok a chanik.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Geno"friggin" Smith does suck and I have no love for him. You start numerous threads about Sanchez and how everyone else is a fool because they don't worship him as you do.

Geno Smith does suck.  No issues there.

Mark Sanchez is the second-best quarterback in team history so I fail to see why starting a thread discussing him would be met with a reaction differently than starting one for Nick Mangold, Don Maynard, Curtis Martin, or Winston Hill.

SAR I

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Again, this "Geno Sucks" thread isn't about Mark Sanchez.  Just like last year's "Geno Sucks" thread wasn't about Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Gina sucks just fine on his own.  This incessant "but...but...but...[insert name here] sucked too!" angle just isn't going to work.

You Gina lovers have no evidence to support your claims, so all you do is run to the next-worst quarterback who sucked just slightly less than Gina did and "whaaa, whaaa" you cry some strawman argument that, somehow, you think is going to make Gina look less bad. 

This bum has already cost us 5 seasons, going on a 6th.  And you worship him.  Pathetic.  Simply pathetic.

SAR I

What were Mark’s stats on Sunday? 

Exactly.  Thanks for playing, SAR.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith does suck.  No issues there.

Mark Sanchez is the second-best quarterback in team history so I fail to see why starting a thread discussing him would be met with a reaction differently than starting one for Nick Mangold, Don Maynard, Curtis Martin, or Winston Hill.

SAR I

You are literally to silly to insult. Amoretz.

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

What were Mark’s stats on Sunday? 

Exactly.  Thanks for playing, SAR.

....and again, no defense of Geno, just a put-down of another quarterback, in this case Mark Sanchez.  Since the target last year, Ryan Fitzpatrick, is actually having success, can't use him.  Have to go into the wayback machine to 2012.

When you are done with your "but...but...but...[insert name here] sucked too!" posts, let me know.  When you actually find a single shred of evidence that Gina was/is a quality NFL quarterback, let us know.  They're still looking for the Ark Of The Covenant, so there's still hope.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

Geno > Mark 

I got to thinking this morning, there is one quarterback who actually took Geno's job on the field, during a season, a guy who you should really hate on.

Yet you don't.

His name? 

Michael Vick.

Never heard any of you Gina Lovers ever use his name in vain like Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Eli Manning.  Never heard you tell us how stupid the Jets were for playing that loser, that malcontent, that Dog Killer.  Never heard a word about Michael Vick.

I wonder why.  Hmm  Let me think about that.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You are literally to silly to insult. Amoretz.

Yes, it's awful to like the only quarterback to win consecutive playoff games in consecutive years in team history.  Such a bad Jets fan. 

I should instead make a shrine for Chad Pennington who did nothing except lay a turd in huge games, fail to take care of his body, and do anything necessary to protect his meaningless completion percentage statistic.  The guy who the organization built around, gave all the great weapons, Hall Of Fame RB and C and Pro Bowl WR's, and did nothing with it.  But let's hate on the guy we gave nothing to who actually had success.

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

I think I speak on behalf of everyone on JN when I say that we've shown more than enough patience for you and your Gina lovers social agenda and iit's time you all moved on now.

SAR I

1) you don't.

2) the only explanation for not thinking Geno smith is the worst bust in Jets history is social justice?  And yet, the same "social justice warriors" who dare oppose your nonsense somehow also think a Mexican QB wasn't all that good?  Problem there, no?

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....and again, no defense of Geno, just a put-down of another quarterback, in this case Mark Sanchez.  Since the target last year, Ryan Fitzpatrick, is actually having success, can't use him.  Have to go into the wayback machine to 2012.

When you are done with your "but...but...but...[insert name here] sucked too!" posts, let me know.  When you actually find a single shred of evidence that Gina was/is a quality NFL quarterback, let us know.  They're still looking for the Ark Of The Covenant, so there's still hope.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I got to thinking this morning, there is one quarterback who actually took Geno's job on the field, during a season, a guy who you should really hate on.

Yet you don't.

His name? 

Michael Vick.

Never heard any of you Gina Lovers ever use his name in vain like Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Eli Manning.  Never heard you tell us how stupid the Jets were for playing that loser, that malcontent, that Dog Killer.  Never heard a word about Michael Vick.

I wonder why.  Hmm  Let me think about that.

SAR I

Not sure what any of this has to do with:

Geno > Mark

but I hope you enjoyed typing all those words to make zero point while still deny the facts.  

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, it's awful to like the only quarterback to win consecutive playoff games in consecutive years in team history.  Such a bad Jets fan. 

I should instead make a shrine for Chad Pennington who did nothing except lay a turd in huge games, fail to take care of his body, and do anything necessary to protect his meaningless completion percentage statistic.  The guy who the organization built around, gave all the great weapons, Hall Of Fame RB and C and Pro Bowl WR's, and did nothing with it.  But let's hate on the guy we gave nothing to who actually had success.

SAR I

Actually its not so much Sanchez and his contribution but your unhealthy obsession with it. The guy played decently on a team that was stocked with talent. He had some moments  but ultimately failed. In the end his shortcomings outweighed his contributions. You can name all the other QB's you like. No one is disputing that but you. OCD is a real affliction and you have it in droves when it comes to an average QB who ultimately overachieved. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Geno > Mark 

At what? LOL. 

They both suck, but at least Mark was likeable. 

Whatever. You guys are arguing about which sh*t sandwich tastes better. At least the one sh*t sandwich had some improbable playoff wins, as opposed to the mopey one that had his chance broken by a teammate over a couple hundred bucks....

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez is the second-best quarterback in team history

SAR I

50 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

Mind boggling.

Mind boggling that Mark Sanchez represents one of the A-list Jets quarterbacks, yes.

Mind boggling that Jets fans recognize this, no.

SAR I

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

2) the only explanation for not thinking Geno smith is the worst bust in Jets history is social justice?  And yet, the same "social justice warriors" who dare oppose your nonsense somehow also think a Mexican QB wasn't all that good?  Problem there, no?

Mark Sanchez was a cute white looking kid.  GQ cover boy.  Did nothing but win 4 road playoff games in two years as a 22 year old rookie who should have still been at USC.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was the whitest white guy you've ever seen.  Did nothing but set the team record for TD's in an unexpected 10 win season.

Michael Vick was a convicted felon, murdered family pets for fun.

Geno Smith was a dic pic posting welcher, bailed on a charity event for kids run by a teammate.

The two white skin quarterbacks get killed in these parts.  One of the black ones is conveniently given a pass.  The other black one is hailed as the great-one-who-got-away.

SAR I

Archived