There goes the whole "the kid learned humility" angle for Geno

jgb

3 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

That anyone can consider Sanchez the second best quarterback in Jet history.

Tell me, who was better?  Show me a New York Jets quarterback that:

Went 9-7, 11-5, and was sitting at 8-3 in his first three seasons.  That's 28-15 at Christmas of 2011 when no one was thinking we didn't find a franchise quarterback.

Went 4-2 in the playoffs and was the best player on the field in 2 consecutive AFC Championship Games.

Has the highest QBR, TD's, and completion percentage in postseason history.

Look at Namath's career completion percentage and interceptions.  If not for Namath's Super Bowl victory, one could argue that Mark Sanchez is the greatest QB in team history.  So putting him at #2 is easy.

SAR I

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez was a cute white looking kid.  GQ cover boy.  Did nothing but win 4 road playoff games in two years as a 22 year old rookie who should have still been at USC.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was the whitest white guy you've ever seen.  Did nothing but set the team record for TD's in an unexpected 10 win season.

Michael Vick was a convicted felon, murdered family pets for fun.

Geno Smith was a dic pic posting welcher, bailed on a charity event for kids run by a teammate.

The two white skin quarterbacks get killed in these parts.  One of the black ones is conveniently given a pass.  The other black one is hailed as the great-one-who-got-away.

SAR I

I was really hopeful that your response wouldn't involve the brown bag test... really hopeful.

Rex Ryan hits back at Geno Smith with ‘soft chin’ joke

By Mark W. Sanchez

December 10, 2017 | 1:10pm

gs.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=978
Geno Smith and Rex RyanCharles Wenzelberg; AP

Geno Smith took another on the chin.

Rex Ryan delivered the latest blow on ESPN’s “Sunday NFL Countdown,” in the years-old, somehow-still-growing feud between the former Jets coach and former Jets quarterback.

“I’m not going to say anything because I’m 55 years old,” Ryan said, before saying something and holding up a marshmallow. “Although this might be Geno’s chin, not sure, a little soft. That chin’s a little soft there, Geno.”

Smith was knocked out — and knocked out of his starting job — in 2015, by then-teammate IK Enemkpali, who broke his jaw with a punch that led to Smith’s hastened downfall and Enemkpali being released and signing with Ryan’s Bills.

The discord between Ryan and Smith has been revived recently, with Ryan blasting the Giants for making their (short-lived) decision to start Smith over Eli Manning. Smith, after his one start, made sure to call Ryan out.

“I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn’t want me to be his quarterback, and that really upset me, you know?” Smith said after last Sunday’s loss to the Raiders. “A guy that we saved his job in 2013, when we fought our ass for him both years. For him to go and say that shows how much of a coward he is.”

While most either laugh or roll their eyes at the bickering between a failed NFL head coach and failed NFL quarterback, former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes took Ryan’s latest attack personally.

“Rex Ryan just referred to Geno Smiths chin as a marshmallow on ESPN. Really?” Tynes tweeted. “Grow up and leave that man alone. Geno is in the league and you are blowing smoke out your pie hole in a studio. #GMEN”

Link to video:

Please tell me more about Rex Ryan not deserving every single turd thrown at him.

"BUT DAH 2 AFC CHAMPEONCHIP GAMES"

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

By Mark W. Sanchez

Rex Ryan delivered the latest blow on ESPN’s “Sunday NFL Countdown,” in the years-old, somehow-still-growing feud between the former Jets coach and former Jets quarterback.

“I’m not going to say anything because I’m 55 years old,” Ryan said, before saying something and holding up a marshmallow. “Although this might be Geno’s chin, not sure, a little soft. That chin’s a little soft there, Geno.”

Smith was knocked out — and knocked out of his starting job — in 2015, by then-teammate IK Enemkpali, who broke his jaw with a punch that led to Smith’s hastened downfall and Enemkpali being released and signing with Ryan’s Bills.

The discord between Ryan and Smith has been revived recently, with Ryan blasting the Giants for making their (short-lived) decision to start Smith over Eli Manning. Smith, after his one start, made sure to call Ryan out.

“I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn’t want me to be his quarterback, and that really upset me, you know?” Smith said after last Sunday’s loss to the Raiders. “A guy that we saved his job in 2013, when we fought our ass for him both years. For him to go and say that shows how much of a coward he is.”

While most either laugh or roll their eyes at the bickering between a failed NFL head coach and failed NFL quarterback, former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes took Ryan’s latest attack personally.

“Rex Ryan just referred to Geno Smiths chin as a marshmallow on ESPN. Really?” Tynes tweeted. “Grow up and leave that man alone. Geno is in the league and you are blowing smoke out your pie hole in a studio. #GMEN”

Link to video:

Please tell me more about Rex Ryan not deserving every single turd thrown at him.

The real story is who wrote the article...

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez was a cute white looking kid.  GQ cover boy.  Did nothing but win 4 road playoff games in two years as a 22 year old rookie who should have still been at USC.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was the whitest white guy you've ever seen.  Did nothing but set the team record for TD's in an unexpected 10 win season.

Michael Vick was a convicted felon, murdered family pets for fun.

Geno Smith was a dic pic posting welcher, bailed on a charity event for kids run by a teammate.

The two white skin quarterbacks get killed in these parts.  One of the black ones is conveniently given a pass.  The other black one is hailed as the great-one-who-got-away.

SAR I

20 hours ago, Mogglez said:

By Mark W. Sanchez

Link to video:

Even when Rex got fired from the Bills for almost destroying that franchise, I was hoping he would on his feet (which he did espn).  For him to come after his former quarterback the way he has makes him look a whole lot worse then Smith, who is 25 plus years younger, and never said  a bad word about him.  

Archived