McAdoo & Reese Fired

JetsFanatic

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Wow turns out the Jets are The Good Franchise, where are the SOJFs now

The Giants have won 4 Superbowls to our 1.  And they won 2 within the past 10 years.  Plus they'll probably draft another FQB.  And they still have Eli who can win them games while a young QB sits and learns.  The Giants are well set up going forward.  And they'll probably get a great HC.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Giants have won 4 Superbowls to our 1.  And they won 2 within the past 10 years.  Plus they'll probably draft another FQB.  And they still have Eli who can win them games while a young QB sits and learns.  The Giants are well set up going forward.  And they'll probably get a great HC.

Eli's gone. New GM and HC will want a clean slate. That's why I said that the Giants will probably have to go out and get a veteran QB (like Josh McCown) to fill the slate

If they start Rosen or Darnold behind that line, it's David Carr II

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Why am I not a Giants fan? I was a dumb kid when I made the decision. It was etiher or. Why? So dumb. 

I blame my dad.  Took me to my first game at Shea in '68.  Couple of months we were Champs and I though it would always be that way.

Well, its finally happened. The NY Jets are not the dumpster fire. If Bowles & Macc stay (which I agree with everyone here, that's probably a foregone conclusion), if they nail the draft & free agency, they'll have a great chance to market themselves to that young demographic in NY following football. People like a winner.

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

With more to come per Kim JOnes.

First time the Giants have fired a coach in season since 1976.

The odds of this to happen to him a year after making the postseason were huge.

It also showed the Giants, like the Jets alot, pay attention to the fans, because that's the only real reason for doing this now

You don't know that. That is the definition of speculation on both counts. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Eli's gone. New GM and HC will want a clean slate. That's why I said that the Giants will probably have to go out and get a veteran QB (like Josh McCown) to fill the slate

If they start Rosen or Darnold behind that line, it's David Carr II

You really need to put more thought into your posts.

Just now, Jetster said:

Well, its finally happened. The NY Jets are not the dumpster fire. If Bowles & Macc stay (which I agree with everyone here, that's probably a foregone conclusion), if they nail the draft & free agency, they'll have a great chance to market themselves to that young demographic in NY following football. People like a winner.

IF

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel the same.

If we can negate the dorky real fans rhetoric for a min, seriously, for the first time I was ready to bite the bullit before the season even started...not like it's ******* fun your team sucks so bad you have to root against them in order for there to be hope for the future. Yet there/here I/some of was/were, right. And once again these ****ers are able to steal my thunder... my dreams...my aspirtations. Even in failure the ******* Giants show the Jets how to get it done. FML.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I do know that. There is no other logic behind doing that move right now. Especially for a franchise that hadnt made this type of move in 40 years

You have absolutely NO IDEA if the reasons Mara and Tisch   fired them was the fans' reaction to a  terrible season, the terrible season itself or office politics or any combination of those things, or something else we do not even know about.  

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I blame my dad.  Took me to my first game at Shea in '68.  Couple of months we were Champs and I though it would always be that way.

My dad was one of those root for all the NY teams kinda guy. So as a kid I probably pulled for the Jets a little more but I just followed his suite (plus I loved the Browns Dawg Pound thing as some of you know...I was a kid)....but I felt it my duty to pick just one as an early teenager. Mother****er, I have nobody to blame but myself. 

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Why am I not a Giants fan? I was a dumb kid when I made the decision. It was etiher or. Why? So dumb. 

Born and grew up on LI into the late 80s and for some reason rooted for the underdogs.  Mets, GMEN and Isles all were winning so I have been a Yankee, Jets and Rangers fan for life.... FML

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You have absolutely NO IDEA if the reasons Mara and Tisch   fired them was the fans' reaction to a  terrible season, the terrible season itself or office politics or any combination of those things, or something else we do not even know about.  

If it was the terrible season itself, they would have been gone after losing to the Niners.

Office politics and miscommunication doesnt seem to be enough,

the fans reaction to that miscommunication is why he is gone now. They key is the timing. It's elementary. Three out of the last 4 games at home. It would have been ugly.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If it was the terrible season itself, they would have been gone after losing to the Niners.

Office politics and miscommunication and the fans reaction to that miscommunication is why he is gone now. They key is the timing. 

Do you ever stop and consider the things you post? 

Just now, Bugg said:

Do you ever stop and consider the things you post? 

It's elementary deduction. Even Ian Rapaport is saying that the fans reaction was the impetus. 3 of their last 4 games are at home. That would have been UGLY. Of course it was the fans reaction. Denying it is not seeing the forest for the trees

4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Born and grew up on LI into the late 80s and for some reason rooted for the underdogs.  Mets, GMEN and Isles all were winning so I have been a Yankee, Jets and Rangers fan for life.... FML

Must be really tough to be a Yankee fan.

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Giants get new GM, new coach and brand new top 2-3 picked QB....and the rich get richer....and here we are with Josh ******* McCown...

Tell me about it. I have no doubt the Giants will find a top GM and HC to replace them with and probably take their choice of QB. As much as I hate to say it, people look at the Giants as an "honor" to be a part of.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Must be really tough to be a Yankee fan.

it was in the 80s!!!! I had girls lovin the mets giving me a hard time!!! 

Works out well as a yankee fan though so i hear what you are saying. One of my kiddos goes to Steinbrenner HS and they play spring training here :)

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's nice to see the Giants come down to the level of the other bad franchises.  The guy was hired after the former coach missed the playoffs 4 straight years and 6 of 7, he led them to the playoffs and 11-5 his first year then doesn't even make year 2?  I don't even think the Jets would do something like this, all b/c the fans and media which bashed Eli for years got on their social media soapbox and cried for the mediocre Eli who has now seen 2 HCs fired in less than 2 years.  This is going to be fun to watch.

The NYG have never been different from any other franchise.  That's been the case since LT was drinking &

drugging his way through the NFL.  They practice situational ethics just like any other team, only the media 

and some delusional fans think they operated with a different set of standards.  Do I need to remind you of

Josh Brown from last year??? 

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

it was in the 80s!!!! I had girls lovin the mets giving me a hard time!!! 

Works out well as a yankee fan though so i hear what you are saying. One of my kiddos goes to Steinbrenner HS and they play spring training here :)

Which team won the most games in the decade of the 1980's?

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He use to annoy me as a poster but now I just treat him as the clearly ******* insane guy who lives down the street just let him be type, and it makes him easier to read. 

Joewilly is my guy, this other guy... idk about him...

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Which team won the most games in the decade of the 1980's?

you should know i dont usually look sh*t up but... I know the mets, isles and gmen were tops in their leagues back then.  Yanks may have won games but boston and clemens/boggs had our number and with only pennant winners getting to the playoffs it wasnt too much fun....

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

you should know i dont usually look sh*t up but... I know the mets, isles and gmen were tops in their leagues back then.  Yanks may have won games but boston and clemens/boggs had our number and with only pennant winners getting to the playoffs it wasnt too much fun....

The point is that when the Yanks are in a "down period", they still win the most games of any team in that decade.

http://mcubed.net/mlb/fw1980.shtml

image.png

Archived