Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m sure that GM and coach will look great and take credit for Josh Rosen throwing for 5,000 yards per season to OBJ and Engram

 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The thing is Reese has set up the Bills and the new guy coming in with a great situation.

Traded down and drafted a terrific rookie CB in TreDavious White and got an extra 1st round pick for next year.

Wait a minute... Did you mean the Giants or the Bills?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had to fire him.  He believed in Geno.

The Giants always have the right idea.  Ain’t got what it takes? Bye. See ya. No waiting around. No just give them another year. No all he needs is weaponz or a QB or a defense or a better coordi

Maybe their bigger mistake was forcing Coughlin out.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Idk why people think it's a dumpster fire? 

I think it's 1 step back & 2 steps forward. They now have the 2nd overall pick in a class filled with potential QB studs & if they bring in the right GM/Coach combo they could be set for another decade plus. 

From an org standpoint, I will be interested to see how these hirings go. Will they bring in the HC first & have him report directly to the owner & then go out & get their GM. Or will this be the traditional, GM hired first, GM has massive input on HC hiring. 

Yeah but we have Wilkerson and his $95 million contract and no qb

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jets should look at this as an example of how to run things.
McAdoo deservedly gets canned one season after an 11 win season.
Bowles is still here after last years debacle and this years team blowing multiple 4th quarter leads

Giants have a QB that’s one two super bowls against Brady. A little different circumstances my brother! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Jets should look at this as an example of how to run things.

McAdoo deservedly gets canned one season after an 11 win season.

Bowles is still here after last years debacle and this years team blowing multiple 4th quarter leads

You conveniently left out the part about the Giants being considered SB contenders a couple months ago and multiple rumblings about players quitting on the coach.

They're 2-10...  TWO and 10.

The only reason McAdoo got fired now was the outcry from sentimental fans who can't comprehend how they benched poor Eli despite the fact that he and the team were playing terribly.

McAdoo sucks and probably would have gotten fired at year end but to do it today is just Mara putting a band aid on a bruised ego.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Idk why people think it's a dumpster fire? 

I think it's 1 step back & 2 steps forward. They now have the 2nd overall pick in a class filled with potential QB studs & if they bring in the right GM/Coach combo they could be set for another decade plus. 

From an org standpoint, I will be interested to see how these hirings go. Will they bring in the HC first & have him report directly to the owner & then go out & get their GM. Or will this be the traditional, GM hired first, GM has massive input on HC hiring. 

It's a dumpster fire in the sense that the Giants are reacting to fans reaction like the Jets have done for years. It shows they're human and not above the struggles of an NFL franchise.

The other problem is that their OL sucks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

All of it. The timing was perfect for a bunch of reasons. I was in the middle of writing what you said above when I got interrupted by another reply.

- head start on interviewing GM and HC

- they get to do both out in the open without tiptoeing around and secretly meeting with candidates or "consultants"

- they waited until they lost the game with Geno rather than wait for a possible 20-point win the next game (let alone a turnaround where they win 3 more no matter who's out there at QB) to muddy the PR of the decision

- they get the fan approval now, instead of having to field another month of questions about whether or not they supported the benching (while the HC who did it is still the HC)

- players who still want to be there next year are in tryout mode right now; being a favorite of McAdoo's or a draft pick of Reese's doesn't buy you job security for 2018

It was all going to happen anyway, otherwise they would've just fired McAdoo alone (and Reese would have been the one to fire him). They didn't fire them because of the move so much as they made up the excuse of firing them both a few weeks earlier because of it. In January, Reese and McAdoo were going to be unemployed with or without the benching. 

There must be some legitimacy to the Jon Gruden rumors.  ESPN is laying off everyone no way will they pay him big money next year

 

The giants are the Yankees and we are the Mets, but worse

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

There must be some legitimacy to the Jon Gruden rumors.  ESPN is laying off everyone no way will they pay him big money next year

 

The giants are the Yankees and we are the Mets, but worse

 

Didnt you call the Giants fans a bunch of crybabies? They got their way. They got McAdoo and Reese fired early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

my bad.  i thought he had dave brown.  but hostetler was no great shakes.  he was a tough guy but not a very good passer.

He selected Dave Brown.  And Kent Graham.  Hostetler may have been "no great shakes," but the game immediately prior to Ray Handley taking over as coach of the Giants he won, playing every snap in the Super Bowl.  I would think you could win with him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnTypicalJET said:


Giants have a QB that’s one two super bowls against Brady. A little different circumstances my brother! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And the crazy part is they are about to upgrade that qb with a 21-year old stud while Unitedwhofans thinks we should be throwing a party over 5-7 and McCown

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Didnt you call the Giants fans a bunch of crybabies? They got their way. They got McAdoo and Reese fired early.

Giants fans are spoiled fair weather cry babies what is your point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Idk why people think it's a dumpster fire? 

I think it's 1 step back & 2 steps forward. They now have the 2nd overall pick in a class filled with potential QB studs & if they bring in the right GM/Coach combo they could be set for another decade plus. 

From an org standpoint, I will be interested to see how these hirings go. Will they bring in the HC first & have him report directly to the owner & then go out & get their GM. Or will this be the traditional, GM hired first, GM has massive input on HC hiring. 

It's a big mess but like you said, it can be turned around pretty quickly. Things went downhill because of a bad HC and a bunch of injuries. A few good picks picking high next year and their right back in the mix of things. 

I wonder how they'll handle the QB spot though. And if they'll actually take a QB with their top 5 pick. They feel this strongly about Eli, how do you handle a top rookie coming in. Unless they release him after this season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDL_JET said:

It's a big mess but like you said, it can be turned around pretty quickly. Things went downhill because of a bad HC and a bunch of injuries. A few good picks picking high next year and their right back in the mix of things. 

I wonder how they'll handle the QB spot though. And if they'll actually take a QB with their top 5 pick. They feel this strongly about Eli, how do you handle a top rookie coming in. Unless they release him after this season. 

I still look at that OL and a young QB behind that line could be dead meat

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

With more to come per Kim JOnes.

First time the Giants have fired a coach in season since 1976.

The odds of this to happen to him a year after making the postseason were huge.

It also showed the Giants, like the Jets alot, pay attention to the fans, because that's the only real reason for doing this now

The difference between the Giants and the Jets in this scenario is that people actually want the Giants job. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Not on par with the Jets, though. The Jets take their cues from Manish Mehta, for God’s sake. 

No, but nonetheless, the Giants let fan reaction dictate the exit strategy and they are usually cited as being "above that". 

It's nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

My reaction has nothing to do with the future or whether the Giants are set up well for the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The difference between the Giants and the Jets in this scenario is that people actually want the Giants job. 

Actually the two franchises are the same. If anything, the Jets are a little better. Pick any date--any random date at all--between September 10th and today and let's compare their records tough guy

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Actually the two franchises are the same. If anything, the Jets are a little better. Pick any date--any random date at all--between September 10th and today and let's compare their records tough guy

That's why you can't take any data from that type of thing. Especially in a league with volatility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No, but nonetheless, the Giants let fan reaction dictate the exit strategy and they are usually cited as being "above that". 

It's nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

My reaction has nothing to do with the future or whether the Giants are set up well for the future.

Nope. They fired McAdoo in-season because he ****ed up the Eli thing and Mara wasn’t having it. McAdoo then doubled down by trying to say Mara was on board with the ****ery. The opinion of the base mattered less than the outward appearance of disrespecting an All-time Giants great, similar to Handley jerking around Phil Simms.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. They fired McAdoo in-season because he ****ed up the Eli thing and Mara wasn’t having it. McAdoo then doubled down by trying to say Mara was on board with the ****ery. The opinion of the base mattered less than the outward appearance of disrespecting an All-time Giants great, similar to Handley jerking around Phil Simms.

That's kind of the same thing though. Outward appearance leads to fans opinions and reaction. And it did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Giants always have the right idea. 

Ain’t got what it takes? Bye. See ya. No waiting around. No just give them another year. No all he needs is weaponz or a QB or a defense or a better coordinator. That’s how you do it. 

Yep they always have the right idea, like giving him the job in the first place....clever, clever Giants

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. They fired McAdoo in-season because he ****ed up the Eli thing and Mara wasn’t having it. McAdoo then doubled down by trying to say Mara was on board with the ****ery. The opinion of the base mattered less than the outward appearance of disrespecting an All-time Giants great, similar to Handley jerking around Phil Simms.

McAdoo just sucks and got exposed this year just like Bowles last year.  I was never impressed by that guy at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Pac said:

You conveniently left out the part about the Giants being considered SB contenders a couple months ago and multiple rumblings about players quitting on the coach.

They're 2-10...  TWO and 10.

The only reason McAdoo got fired now was the outcry from sentimental fans who can't comprehend how they benched poor Eli despite the fact that he and the team were playing terribly.

McAdoo sucks and probably would have gotten fired at year end but to do it today is just Mara putting a band aid on a bruised ego.

I left nothing out.

Anyone who doesnt know the multiple "rumblings" as you call it regarding the Giants and that their record is 2-10 has been watching more synchronized swimming and curling than NFL games this fall.

PS Jets fans can "rumble" with the best of them.

Why is Bowels still here?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...