McAdoo & Reese Fired

JetsFanatic

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

I left nothing out.

Anyone who doesnt know the multiple "rumblings" as you call it regarding the Giants and that their record is 2-10 has been watching more synchronized swimming and curling than NFL games this fall.

PS Jets fans can "rumble" with the best of them.

Why is Bowels still here?

Bowles is here because our ownership has no pride

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's kind of the same thing though. Outward appearance leads to fans opinions and reaction. And it did.

The difference is Mara doesn’t need a 28 year old dipsh*t tabloid hack to tell him what he, or the fans, should think. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. They fired McAdoo in-season because he ****ed up the Eli thing and Mara wasn’t having it. McAdoo then doubled down by trying to say Mara was on board with the ****ery. The opinion of the base mattered less than the outward appearance of disrespecting an All-time Giants great, similar to Handley jerking around Phil Simms.

The Mara/Tisch ownership almost certainly want to draft a QB. But the Manning mess was a bit much in that equation. When they pick said young  QB. either Manning does the "mentoring' nonsense( which is really not going to happen)or he plays ball to go to Denver or New Orleans(assuming his brother's pal Elway wants to try to make onme more  run with the Von Miller nucleus or the Saints dump Brees; both possibilities). "The fans" might be a pain in the ass by not showing up; but that's really secondary.If the decision eventually is dealing or cutting Manning, the Giants don't need to piss him off needlessly. Macadoo and Reese did that with the Geno Smith move. And really they weren't winning at Oakland whoever started. 

Just now, Bugg said:

The Mara/Tisch ownership almost certainly want to draft a QB. But the Manning mess was a bit much in that equation. When they pick said young  QB. either Manning does the "mentoring' nonsense( which is really not going to happen)or he plays ball to go to Denver or New Orleans(assuming his brother's pal Elway wants to try to make onme more  run with the Von Miller nucleus or the Saints dump Brees; both possibilities). "The fans" might be a pain in the ass by not showing up; but that's really secondary.If the decision eventually is dealing or cutting Manning, the Giants don't need to piss him off needlessly. Macadoo and Reese did that with the Geno Smith move. And really they weren't winning at Oakland whoever started. 

Eli can b-tch and demand a trade to Jax but he’s under contract for $23 million he has 0.0  leverage.  If the giants want him to start while Rosen holds a clipboard there is nothing he can do

Just now, Philc1 said:

Eli can b-tch and demand a trade to Jax but he’s under contract for $23 million he has 0.0  leverage.  If the giants want him to start while Rosen holds a clipboard there is nothing he can do

The entrance of a new GM and HC change those odds. They will probably want a clean slate. Then again, Mara might again cowtow to the fans and force Eli upon them

Just now, Philc1 said:

Eli is an asset. This Geno Smith thing made that asset less valuable. He may have no leverage but the Giants no doubt would love if the Broncos, Jags or Saints offered a serious raft pick for him this offseason. Jints need Manning to go along.

Same way how a certain team in green DOES NOT play young QBs, thereby lessening their value. Petty and Hackenberg are basically worthless assets. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The entrance of a new GM and HC change those odds. They will probably want a clean slate. Then again, Mara might again cowtow to the fans and force Eli upon them

Having a veteran who you can realistically compete for a super bowl with while a Darnold or Rosen can sit and learn on a scale contract is the ideal scenario 

Any new GM who throws that away is an idiot

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Eli is an asset. This Geno Smith thing made that asset less valuable. He may have no leverage but the Giants no doubt would love if the Broncos, Jags or Saints offered a serious raft pick for him this offseason. Jints need Manning to go along.

Same way how a certain team in green DOES NOT play young QBs, thereby lessening their value. Petty and Hackenberg are basically worthless assets. 

Starting Geno caused the giants to miss out on a first round pick for Eli?  Are u nuts?  Nobody was offering anything north of a kid round pick for a 36 year old qb

Just now, Philc1 said:

Having a veteran who you can realistically compete for a super bowl with while a Darnold or Rosen can sit and learn on a scale contract is the ideal scenario 

Any new GM who throws that away is an idiot

Well

1. the difference between the changeover from Warner to Eli and the possible changeover from Eli to (blank) is the emotional output from the fans which took Mara completely by surprise, hence why he went out and apologized a few days after. Warner didnt have that. Eli does. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

2. the Giants GM hasn't been identified so he might very well be an idiot. 

Forget Eli.

How about JPP and Olivier Vernon counting for 34 million on the cap next year, with a combined 10 sacks on the season.  Add in Snacks for almost another 10, they have a 44 million dollar D Line that gets 12 -15 sacks combined a year. 

20 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I left nothing out.

Anyone who doesnt know the multiple "rumblings" as you call it regarding the Giants and that their record is 2-10 has been watching more synchronized swimming and curling than NFL games this fall.

PS Jets fans can "rumble" with the best of them.

Why is Bowels still here?

I'm not the only one that calls it rumblings..  in fact it's used a lot by people not named kleckineau.

Mac and Bowles rid the roster of the malcontents and just spanked a couple that were getting out of line.  I know many of you are envious of the 2-10 Giants today but I'm not.

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Starting Geno caused the giants to miss out on a first round pick for Eli?  Are u nuts?  Nobody was offering anything north of a kid round pick for a 36 year old qb

No way they get a #1. But a 3 or a 4  or useful player, may be. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm not the only one that calls it rumblings..  in fact it's used a lot by people not named kleckineau.

Mac and Bowles rid the roster of the malcontents and just spanked a couple that were getting out of line.  I know many of you are envious of the 2-10 Giants today but I'm not.

What seems to be happening is that Jets fans are assuming that the Giants will do everything right and set themselves up wonderfully. They are assuming it as done. 

it can happen that way, but it's not a fait accompli.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

What seems to be happening is that Jets fans are assuming that the Giants will do everything right and set themselves up wonderfully. They are assuming it as done. 

it can happen that way, but it's not a fait accompli.

You act like we are 12-1 and headed to the super bowl

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I'm not the only one that calls it rumblings..  the rest of the country does too.

Mac and Bowles rid the roster of the malcontents and just spanked a couple that were getting out of line.  I know many of you are enviable of the 2-10 Giants today but I'm not.

The Giants have been in 5 Super Bowls.

When their coach fails he is shown the door. 

Thats what they do and it works.

The Jets? They  get to keep Super Bowels.

Yes I am envious.

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well

1. the difference between the changeover from Warner to Eli and the possible changeover from Eli to (blank) is the emotional output from the fans which took Mara completely by surprise, hence why he went out and apologized a few days after. Warner didnt have that. Eli does. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

2. the Giants GM hasn't been identified so he might very well be an idiot. 

Took Mara by surprise?  Is he an idiot?  The guy had an iron man streak, they weren't surprised.  If anything, the one that was surprised was McAdoo who that they Eli would be fine with starting and then being pulled mid-game to "evaluate" Geno and Webb. 

I don't think there is a big deal with not having a GM right now.  They are going to keep their scouts and probably have some candidates in mind, in-house and out.  They already named Kevin Abrams interim GM.  He has been assistant GM for like 20 years.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Took Mara by surprise?  Is he an idiot?  The guy had an iron man streak, they weren't surprised.  If anything, the one that was surprised was McAdoo who that they Eli would be fine with starting and then being pulled mid-game to "evaluate" Geno and Webb. .

So why is Eli starting against Dallas this week.

The Giants are expected to go back to Eli Manning as their starting quarterback, per source. Giants play at home vs Cowboys this week.

Archived