McAdoo & Reese Fired

JetsFanatic

5 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

I think Eli is back next year & starting for them. Whoever they pick will be sitting for a year. I'm not even sure if it's financially possible for them to get rid of Eli. 

I think he will have to re-structure if he wants to stay with the giants or he will get cut. Nobody is going to pay a qb 22 million who may not even be the starter if darnold or Rosen is on their roster. Geno May be the placeholder lol. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It wasn't just Eli. Something bad is going on in that locker room. He had to suspend two really good players this year in his secondary (not just bench, suspend) Jenkins walked off the field before a game was over, there was apparently almost a fight in the locker room at halftime during a game, Eli Apple and Eric Flowers might be back to back first round busts. It's a bad situation all around.

I understand but the media/fan outcry is b/c they benched their mediocre QB for Geno.  That was the final straw, obviously there were things going on w/ that defense.  they got a little too full of themselves after a very good year last year and when they struggled early Eli wasn't good enough to overcome that and that gives you 2-9 and another season missing the playoffs.  It was a bad situation, McAdoo did a poor job this year but he won 11 games w/ poor QB play last year.  it's so odd he doesn't even make it to the end of year 2.  They panicked and got scared b/c of the fans and the media.  That's not what good franchises do.

20 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Jets should look at this as an example of how to run things.

McAdoo deservedly gets canned one season after an 11 win season.

Bowles is still here after last years debacle and this years team blowing multiple 4th quarter leads

yeah teams that fire coaches after a bad season regularly are the successful ones....

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I understand but the media/fan outcry is b/c they benched their mediocre QB for Geno.  That was the final straw, obviously there were things going on w/ that defense.  they got a little too full of themselves after a very good year last year and when they struggled early Eli wasn't good enough to overcome that and that gives you 2-9 and another season missing the playoffs.  It was a bad situation, McAdoo did a poor job this year but he won 11 games w/ poor QB play last year.  it's so odd he doesn't even make it to the end of year 2.  They panicked and got scared b/c of the fans and the media.  That's not what good franchises do.

Agreed. McAdoo and Reese were going at the end of the year but the benching of Eli was the final straw for the owner.

This is what happens when you convince yourself you have a great player at QB when you really don't. They can't understand why they are this bad. It can't possibly be Elis fault, except he is a big part of the problem. They are in denial.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I know. That's what the Jets do. To see the Giants do it is refreshing, even if it works out for them in the long run

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

12/6/17, 11:49 AM

The Fritz Pollard Alliance met with @NFL this week & submitted their names of suggested GM candidates. Per @TomPelissero and me, the list: Joey Clinkscales (#Raiders), Alonzo Highsmith (#Packers). Ray Farmer (#Rams consultant), Will McClay (#Cowboys), Doug Williams (#Redskins)

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)

12/6/17, 11:50 AM

Head coaching candidates recommended by the Fritz Pollard Alliance: #Lions DC Teryl Austin, #Vikings DC George Edwards, #Panthers DC Steve Wilks, #Titans OC Terry Robiskie. This list is distributed to teams each year. twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…

Archived