OUR QB - AFC offensive player of the week

prime21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He played a great game against the Chiefs.

Congrats to McCown. I can't believe I am saying that. As much as I dislike the decision to start him he has played better than I thought. I just hope Mac & Bowles don't repeat the same mistake they did with Fitz. McCown is having his "healthiest" "best" season at 38 - don't fool yourselves again Mac & Bowles.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Congrats to McCown. I can't believe I am saying that. As much as I dislike the decision to start him he has played better than I thought. I just hope Mac & Bowles don't repeat the same mistake they did with Fitz. McCown is having his "healthiest" "best" season at 38 - don't fool yourselves again Mac & Bowles.

If only Hack was "the guy", McCown would be a great mentor.

this is a win for the resurgence of the jets offense.  they have a real qb coach and offensive coordinator.  they have a few rbs who can run and catch.  they have emerging wrs without enunwa.  they even occasionally use tight ends.  if they actually draft a qb worth developing, they have a system in place and mccown to mentor, unlike fitz who was all about himself.  they also have a lot of money in FA to hopefully retool the o-line.  mccown is playing well but that doesn't mean another qb can't excel in this system too.  even cassell went 11-5 when brady was out.

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Get used to it.  He's like a woobie for TB now.  Do you for a moment believe anyone we draft will have a fair chance to 'give us the best chance to win' next year?

absolutely not.. 

bowles is a self serving, zero sum playing ****..

left to his own devices, he would never start a young QB over a veteran JAG.. my thoughts anyway..

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is a win for the resurgence of the jets offense.  they have a real qb coach and offensive coordinator.  they have a few rbs who can run and catch.  they have emerging wrs without enunwa.  they even occasionally use tight ends.  if they actually draft a qb worth developing, they have a system in place and mccown to mentor, unlike fitz who was all about himself.  they also have a lot of money in FA to hopefully retool the o-line.  mccown is playing well but that doesn't mean another qb can't excel in this system too.  even cassell went 11-5 when brady was out.

we're 5-7.  how's that playing well?

45 minutes ago, Stark said:

If Bowles is repeating the same mistake then what makes you think Mac won't?

1 minute ago, jetgreen13 said:

not bowles'.. his expectations are to win the super bowl..

I'm not talking about Bowles' expectations. I'm talking about the outside expectations.

The media is complimenting Bowles because they thought we were going to be the worst team in the NFL this year. INstead we are 5-7 (should have a better record) and has only been blown out once.

1 minute ago, peebag said:

we're 5-7.  how's that playing well?

the offense is doing way better than expected

our journeyman qb just won afc offensive player of the week

team has scored 65 points in last 2 games

team scored 28 vs dolphins, 20 vs falcons, 34 vs bills in 3 of 4 games before this

first time in 50 years the jets have 2 wrs get over 100 yards each in 2 consecutive games

in a year the jets were supposed to have a historically nfl bad offense, they are 18th in ppg and 17th in ypg despite having one former 1st round pick on offense (carpenter)

the team has is finally starting to develop offensive skill positions, even though the two premium draft picks mccagnan has invested in skill positions are non-contributors (smith and stewart)

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm not talking about Bowles' expectations. I'm talking about the outside expectations.

The media is complimenting Bowles because they thought we were going to be the worst team in the NFL this year. INstead we are 5-7 (should have a better record) and has only been blown out once.

the "media" also thought the giants would be super bowls contenders. 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Shouldn't you reserve judgment in case Darnold has a bad game against Ohio State?"

We're not getting Darnold anyway, save an act of God, so the whole scenario was pointless.

I do know that Derek Carr a couple of years ago fell to the second round, primarily because of his bad bowl game against USC. So it does have an impact

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Real life stuff there. certainly not from the media outlets I have heard....and sports is on my television all day. Main topic today is the after Sunday suspensions. We’d be the punchline for the last four weeks if it was us. Bank on that.

The Eli thing was the spark. They got roasted this week. 

Archived