OUR QB - AFC offensive player of the week

prime21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stark said:

Congrats to McCown. I can't believe I am saying that. As much as I dislike the decision to start him he has played better than I thought. I just hope Mac & Bowles don't repeat the same mistake they did with Fitz. McCown is having his "healthiest" "best" season at 38 - don't fool yourselves again Mac & Bowles.

This.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The Eli thing was the spark. They got roasted this week. 

They did get after em’ a little bit .. I just think it’d be worse if it was us, given how easy and regular it has become to laugh at the Jets over the last 6..7 years. All and all i’m super disappointed Eli and the Giants decided to fall apart the season Rosen/Darnold/etc/etc are available. That part really sucks.

1 minute ago, jetgreen13 said:

it is what it is.. 

i just hope bowles doesn't get an extension based off of morton's achievements.. 

He’ll most likely get a 2-3 year deal when it’s time and if he doesn’t show us anything more he’ll be out long before that contract ends. Just don’t see them letting Bowles go just yet .. I would ..but I think the Johnsons see some good things going on and want to create consistency 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’ll most likely get a 2-3 year deal when it’s time and if he doesn’t show us anything more he’ll be out long before that contract ends.

sounds about right.. i've essentially given up all hope that bowles doesn't get an extension at this point..

would be nice to still be in position to at least interview morton for the HCing gig when we finally show bowles the door..

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, and what exactly does that mean or do for us?

What’s your buddy telling you about Petty/Hack after the past three months of them learning the WCO, observing McCown, meetings, working with Bates, Lombardi etc...

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

this is a win for the resurgence of the jets offense.  they have a real qb coach and offensive coordinator.  they have a few rbs who can run and catch.  they have emerging wrs without enunwa.  they even occasionally use tight ends.  if they actually draft a qb worth developing, they have a system in place and mccown to mentor, unlike fitz who was all about himself.  they also have a lot of money in FA to hopefully retool the o-line.  mccown is playing well but that doesn't mean another qb can't excel in this system too.  even cassell went 11-5 when brady was out.

This is basically what i wanted to see out of this team this year— POTENTIAL

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They did get after em’ a little bit .. I just think it’d be worse if it was us, given how easy and regular it has become to laugh at the Jets over the last 6..7 years. All and all i’m super disappointed Eli and the Giants decided to fall apart the season Rosen/Darnold/etc/etc are available. That part really sucks.

Of all the years for the Jets to surprise to the upside.  Only the Jets.

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

What’s your buddy telling you about Petty/Hack after the past three months of them learning the WCO, observing McCown, meetings, working with Bates, Lombardi etc...

Mentioned it the other day.

Everything is status quo.  They've internally moved on from either guy realistically being the face of the franchise.  They will be looking towards this years draft for the real "heir" because neither guy has given them reason to give them overwhelming hope.  If they draft someone and one of the other guys emerges while sticking around?  It never hurts to have a trade asset.  However, the team will be given to the newcomer.  

Last I had heard, Petty is well ahead of Hack.  Kind of a night and day difference.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Everything is status quo.  They've internally moved on from either guy realistically being the face of the franchise.  They will be looking towards this years draft for the real "heir" because neither guy has given them reason to give them overwhelming hope.  If they draft someone and one of the other guys emerges while sticking around?  It never hurts to have a trade asset.  However, the team will be given to the newcomer.  

Last I had heard, Petty is well ahead of Hack.  Kind of a night and day difference.

We should totally let the guy who drafted those two draft another QB high and spend another 80 million dollars after he blew the last 50. Seems like a sound game plan. 

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Thanks. 

"Team given to the newcomer"?  Is there a QB coming out that will be ready to start Sept '18?  Seems highly unlikely

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Resign the beast for short money.

At least we know what we have, too many times we've dumped major $ into QBs that haven't worked out.  I prefer to see McCown as insurance if the starter goes down, he would be great in that role.  So if we draft someone, start him and he's injured, or isn't ready the season isn't lost.

11 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

this is a win for the resurgence of the jets offense.  they have a real qb coach and offensive coordinator.  they have a few rbs who can run and catch.  they have emerging wrs without enunwa.  they even occasionally use tight ends.  if they actually draft a qb worth developing, they have a system in place and mccown to mentor, unlike fitz who was all about himself.  they also have a lot of money in FA to hopefully retool the o-line.  mccown is playing well but that doesn't mean another qb can't excel in this system too.  even cassell went 11-5 when brady was out.

I think there is a huge opportunity for improvement on offense.  We need some OL'men, we need an explosive RB, and a #1 WR yet we've been competitive with a 38 Y.O. journeyman QB.  Once we fix those positions we start winning the games where we fell short.  The arrow is pointing way up for this team and our offensive coordinator.  

Archived