Kirk Cousins is trash

Paradis

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

McCarron is a free agent. Why not hedge your bets with him? He would certainly be cheaper. Trading up is fine if you believe the guy is a franchise guy even for RGIII capital. I suspect with so many great QB candidates I think evaluations will be all over the place and QBs will fall. I strongly believe one of the big QBs will be there at 6. I just dont see Cousins as worth it, especially if you pursue him out of fear of being shut out.

It looks like our main difference is that you characterize my position as operating on fear of missing out on a quarterback and I believe your position to be too reliant on hope that “one of the QBs will be there @ 6”.   

For me, your plan is the greater risk.  

As far as AJ McCarron versus Kirk Cousins is concerned, I can observe three full seasons of Cousins as his resume before I invest as opposed to how many games has McCarron started?  

Sure, AJ is cheaper than Kirk, but that’s because AJ has three starts in his career and Cousins has 57.  

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jgb said:

If Brad Johnson played today, at his peak he'd probably be approaching $20M per. The market has moved. GMs can either be an Idzik, draw a line in the sand based on an expired valuation system and field a team of replacement-level players, or, they can accept the new reality and field a competitive team.

Agree.  Barely above average qbs are putting up huge stats in today’s nfl problem is jets are obsessed with crap at the qb position like Fitz, Geno, Petty and Hack

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

McCarron is a free agent. Why not hedge your bets with him? He would certainly be cheaper. Trading up is fine if you believe the guy is a franchise guy even for RGIII capital. I suspect with so many great QB candidates I think evaluations will be all over the place and QBs will fall. I strongly believe one of the big QBs will be there at 6. I just dont see Cousins as worth it, especially if you pursue him out of fear of being shut out.

Don’t like McCarron’s arm strength he’s a glorified Fitz

11 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Not that the Jets realize this, but they can get good pretty quickly if they get a QB and build the great wall.  If I were Maccagnan, I would literally ignore everything else and just do those two things.

I do not disagree at all but a big part of his suspect 1st 3 drafts is that the has virtually ignored the oline the same thing they did when he was in houston. 

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not disagree at all but a big part of his suspect 1st 3 drafts is that the has virtually ignored the oline the same thing they did when he was in houston. 

I seem to remember an actual quote from Macc where he said his philosophy is to not use high draft picks on the OL which is sort of opposite of mt opinion and I believe the general feeling on the subject. Of course, no pick is too high for safety.

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I seem to remember an actual quote from Macc where he said his philosophy is to not use high draft picks on the OL which is sort of opposite of mt opinion and I believe the general feeling on the subject. Of course, no pick is too high for safety.

even if the quote isn’t out there his actions certainly indicate it

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah you would have thought after he got david carr killed and ruined he would have learned somethng.

Archived