Broken hand for McCown

Pac

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos to Josh for a good year filled with some fun moments.  Hopefully he'll be back next year to backup whoever we get in April.

I really hope they give strong consideration to starting Hack next week.  There is no reason to give us more Bryce.

Sucks for Josh.  The only positive thing to come from this season was to say that the Jets got not only his best season, but a full season for the first time in his career.  Now?  there are literally zero positive take aways from this season other than all of our 1st round picks on D can tackle people occasionally. 

Edit: And Robbie Anderson is a beast

Sucks for McCown, but ending your season/career on a broken hand is about the best you can hope for injury-wise; just look at Shazier.

This is the best outcome for the Jets in the long-run, and while I never wished for McCown to get injured, this should've happened sooner. I'm glad it's only a broken hand for him.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Kudos to Josh for a good year filled with some fun moments.  Hopefully he'll be back next year to backup whoever we get in April.

I really hope they give strong consideration to starting Hack next week.  There is no reason to give us more Bryce.

There should now be absolutely no excuse to not activate both Petty and Hack on game day, so perhaps we'll see them both at some point in the final 3 games.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

McCown is actually sitting there taking questions for the media.  Another example of the professionalism and leadership the coaches have been telling us about all year. 

That's great Pac.  How many wins do you think that's worth next year?  

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Bowles just said it's a broken left hand during his press conf.

Well the good news is if Petty is starting the rest of the year then we should stay at 5 wins and moving up won't cost as much as we feared.

Bad news: that’s three full games where the young guys aren’t learning how to win

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

McCown deserves no criticism.  None.  

I don't want him back, let me be clear.  But he deserves NO criticism for his effort this year.

Thanks Josh, best of luck in your post-NFL career.

This. Any negativity I’ve spouted against playing McCown  was never directed at the player himself. josh was great this year and kept the team competitive.. for better or worse 

Do we think he comes back next year or is this it?  Not many NFL ready qbs where we are drafting so it’s likely we sign a veteran hold the fort QB if we draft a mid round 1st.  Unless we get Cousins or Garropolo, we will need another McCown like player. 

Archived