Marrone

Gen X Jet

it's still shocks me that a shmo like Mehta can actually inflluence a GM to hire or fire someone. I do remember Mehta's viicious attack on Marone the moment it became clear Marrone might be heading to the Jets. I remember it being mentioned here on the forum that the writers don't like a guy like Marrone, because he doesn't give good soundbytes like Rex does, etc.  In any case,  didn't think sportswriters had so much sway with the people upstairs making the decisions - I guess they do in the world of the Jets.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

it's still shocks me that a shmo like Mehta can actually inflluence a GM to hire or fire someone. I do remember Mehta's viicious attack on Marone the moment it became clear Marrone might be heading to the Jets. I remember it being mentioned here on the forum that the writers don't like a guy like Marrone, because he doesn't give good soundbytes like Rex does, etc.  In any case,  didn't think sportswriters had so much sway with the people upstairs making the decisions - I guess they do in the world of the Jets.

Plus he looks like Rich Kotite. True story. 

On 12/10/2017 at 7:06 PM, Gen X Jet said:

Marrone brought the Jags to 9-4 today.  A tough gritty team who already knows how to win (notwithstanding a crappy QB).  He also helped the Jets draft position by beating the Seahawks today.  

Would've been nice to have hime as HC.  Thanks Mehta.

might have something to do with those REALLY GOOD draft picks that team has had pretty consistently over the years...better and higher than ours.........coaching aside

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The one caveat I have about what Marrone has done in Jacksonville is the weaker competition.

Now if they go into Foxboro and beat New England, that's it.

I think that they have a good chance because of Tom Coughlin; he knows how to prepare and beat that team. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

During the game yesterday there were a couple times I was ready to declare Marrone a terrible coach. In the end he pulled a W off so today he is a good coach. In 6 days I decide again.

Because even in the win yesterday he made some mistakes. Giving up two long TDs on 4th down is a no no

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

And he wasn't because de facto New York Jets club president Manish Mehta assassinated his character. Thanks, Manish! Good work!

I'm no fan of Mehta but if the Johnson family didn't hire Marrone because of a sportswriter then it's their own fault.  Sportswriters have their own agenda.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because even in the win yesterday he made some mistakes. Giving up two long TDs on 4th down is a no no

Oh ffs now I have to care about that post...I actually like Marrone but honestly have no idea how to find a great coach before the fact. I’d rather focus on what there’s tons of info on but the Jets for sure don’t  have much of - players. 

On 12/13/2017 at 5:12 PM, T0mShane said:

In fact, I’ll be in attendance at the MetLife banner-reveal ceremony next September 

Can you imagine if the Jags win the SB.  Jets will be awarded Green Lantern power rings on opening day for having beaten the SB champs. 

B69E9C42-8C36-4986-838C-FF5B164CC6E0.jpeg

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Marone is no hc genius. He is having one nice year. Let’s see how next year plays ou. Remember Rex made the AFC championship Twice

Marrone did a nice job in Buffalo taking over a lousy team and getting them to 9-7 in his 2nd year.

Jax looked immediately better lat year when he took over from Bradley and they look good this year.

On December 14, 2017 at 11:02 AM, August said:

Marrone was on the upswing in Buffalo 7-9 in his first year, 9-7 in his second year before he left because he thought he was about to get the Jets job. 

Please.  This Marrone hype is getting ridiculous.  The Bills were 8-7 going into the last game his second year.  The Patriots rested their starters that game.  

And this is the same that dude insisted that the Bills draft EJ Manuel.  EJ Manuel is as bad as it gets.  

He wouldn't have Jalen Ramsey and Leonard Fournette and all of those other high picks if he were coaching the Jets.  He also would be in the same division as the Pats.  The AFC South are a bunch of up and down teams.  

He's going to get smoked by the Patriots with a much better roster than what the Jets have. 

31 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

By the way, I remember the same types of threads last year when the Falcons went to the SB.  "The Jets coulda had Dan Quinn!"

And both Quinn or Marrone can coach circles around Bowles. Can't wait to waste $100M in cap space and another high draft pick on this regime. 

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

And this is the same that dude insisted that the Bills draft EJ Manuel.  EJ Manuel is as bad as it gets.  

Uhh...the reports were that he didn't want Manuel. Word is that's the reason he left because the GM insisted on playing him when Marrone was playing Kyle Orton.

53 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

And both Quinn or Marrone can coach circles around Bowles. Can't wait to waste $100M in cap space and another high draft pick on this regime. 

Get it right. This regime is the one that will be wasting 100M and another high draft pick on US. Not the other way around.

jeez. Nerve of some guyz.

9 hours ago, Larz said:

Wait 

Wishing we had Doug Marrone is a thing? 

I thinks yes it is for some esp when comparing him to the impostor the Jets just resigned.

Probably more accurately a case of Wishing we had  ________________ (insert any coach making 2017-18 playoffs)

12 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Please.  This Marrone hype is getting ridiculous.  The Bills were 8-7 going into the last game his second year.  The Patriots rested their starters that game.  

He wouldn't have Jalen Ramsey and Leonard Fournette and all of those other high picks if he were coaching the Jets.  He also would be in the same division as the Pats.  The AFC South are a bunch of up and down teams.  

He's going to get smoked by the Patriots with a much better roster than what the Jets have. 

Whatever you say Manish. No one here or at least me is a Marrone fan. The point is that they allowed someone like Manish to deter them from signing Marrone.

6 minutes ago, August said:

Whatever you say Manish. No one here or at least me is a Marrone fan. The point is that they allowed someone like Manish to deter them from signing Marrone.

I wonder if the Rooneys or Bob Kraft let hacky football writers who know nothing influence critical football decisions?

Archived