Marrone

Gen X Jet

14 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Uhh...the reports were that he didn't want Manuel. Word is that's the reason he left because the GM insisted on playing him when Marrone was playing Kyle Orton.

Yeah, okay.  It's always the other guy (the GM) who wanted the QB when it all goes wrong.  You can say that he wanted Nassib instead.  But that's even worse.

Q: How conflicted were you in passing on someone you knew as well as Ryan Nassib?

DM: I don’t think I was very conflicted. I think that at the end of the day there are a lot of good quarterbacks in the draft and we were able to take the best quarterback that we felt fit us here in our situation in Buffalo.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Buddy-Nix-and-Doug-Marrone-comment-on-drafting-EJ-Manuel/f1c81a79-1804-4e0e-99dc-48a109e7ff6f

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

That doesn't mean that a sports writer stopped Woody from hiring Marrone.  As far as I know, Wolf and Casserly steered Woody towards Bowles.

Marrone left the Bills because he thought he was going to get the Jets job. Who would leave a head coaching job just to downgrade to assistant coach in Jacksonville? 

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Yeah, okay.  It's always the other guy (the GM) who wanted the QB when it all goes wrong.  You can say that he wanted Nassib instead.  But that's even worse.

Q: How conflicted were you in passing on someone you knew as well as Ryan Nassib?

DM: I don’t think I was very conflicted. I think that at the end of the day there are a lot of good quarterbacks in the draft and we were able to take the best quarterback that we felt fit us here in our situation in Buffalo.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Buddy-Nix-and-Doug-Marrone-comment-on-drafting-EJ-Manuel/f1c81a79-1804-4e0e-99dc-48a109e7ff6f

Yes, I'm sure the Buffalo Bills own website would post an article about the friction between the coach and GM on the 1st round QB they took

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, I'm sure the Buffalo Bills own website would post an article about the friction between the coach and GM on the 1st round QB they took

Those are his own words.  And "I wanted Ryan Nassib instead" would be even worse.  Either way, he wanted Manuel or Nassib.  Suck and suckier.  

On 12/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, Bugg said:

Marrone is thought to have opted out from Buffalo with an understanding he would replace Rex Ryan here. But Mehta wrote an article that said basically Marrone when he was the OL coach under Herman Edwards or at Syracuse was not a nice guy. It was not well-sourced nor had many details, only  Mehta said Marrone was a bad guy who gave out crappy candy on Halloween or didn't return his phone calls or some other pantywaist nonsense BS. And the Johnsons rather than sticking to the plan backed out and began ANOTHER WORLDWIDE COACH BESTEST SEARCH. 

For all of the supposed $ and brain power the Johnsons have at their disposal instead they listen more to one beat writer who knows nothing about football. AND THE PROBLEM IS THE FANS? RIGHT. 

Complete nonsense.

this is an example of misinformation being spread so far that it just becomes "fact"

what evidence do you have that woody even read that article?

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

- Marrone wouldn't be in my top 10 people to be running the jets.

- Marrone is 100 times better than Todd bowles.

Marrone was heavily considered by Casserly in early 2015.  Why?

—his Bills kicked the crap out of the Jets in 2014

—he went 9-7

–he was available 

Did Mehta’s dumb article influence Casserly or the bone brained Woody?  Maybe it was a cover story for not hiring Marrone and picking Bowles instead?  

Archived