Hats off to McCown

kevinc855

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Jeez...he was just a guy getting paid to do a damn job.  He's probably more emotional because his career is over, little to do with the NYJ. As far as playing 'tremendous' football?  Meh.

His 5-7 record (we'll discount today's game) was among the greatest QB feats in NFL history! 

Let's not forget he had a big hand in at least a couple of losses and was an absolute no show I'm Tampa and today. His presence prevented an evaluation of the other 2 young ones. Yes that's not his fault,  he's competing as he should, but I view him in the same light as Fitz in that regard

"thanks for letting me a part of this team". How do you not like this guy? You bunch of angry Glennon lovers. I like Josh, and I appreciate his effort. He made losing sting just a little less. A losing season where we were in almost every game. A season where I didn't have to see Sanchez/Geno type football. Thanks Josh.

20 minutes ago, pointman said:

"thanks for letting me a part of this team". How do you not like this guy? You bunch of angry Glennon lovers. I like Josh, and I appreciate his effort. He made losing sting just a little less. A losing season where we were in almost every game. A season where I didn't have to see Sanchez/Geno type football. Thanks Josh.

Oh give me a break, are you a woman? He was paid a lot of money to lead this team to 5-8. Wow. Yes, it wasn't a great roster,  but he had a big role in 2 losses and didn't show up for 2 more. He's a career loser,  and no different here. Should I give some love to Fitz too? Oh, I wasn't a Glennon fan either

57 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

LOL...I don't dislike the guy..but the hand wringing and over the top sentiment for a guy that played 13 games for us is...a bit much?  IDK

Remember, this is the fanbase that thinks Chad Pennington is one of our greatest quarterbacks, ever.

Turns out, all you need to do is act humble and shed a few tears.  Jets fans standards are that low, you see.  Not about wins and losses.  It's about love.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, pointman said:

A season where I didn't have to see Sanchez/Geno type football. Thanks Josh.

This may be the post of the year.

You do realize that Josh McCown just put up 5 wins in 13 tries and singlehandedly blew the Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Broncos games?

He's Geno Smith.  But he's cute and white and cried.  So you love him?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  This is going to be a fuuuuuun week.  OMG.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Might get heat for this, but he might not be bad hire as a qb coach. Seems well liked/respected and likes the organization. Just a thought though

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Screw that!  He's head coach material!  He cried!  What a fantastic all-time great Jet!

SAR I

I still say he was upset about leaving that cash on the table that he lost out on by breaking his hand. To tell you the truth I'm surprised he lasted this long with his injury history. He played above his head all season based on his career #'s and he did give it his all. At least he didn't BUTTFUMBLE and make himself a never get tired of joke when brought up by certain posters on these boards.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This may be the post of the year.

You do realize that Josh McCown just put up 5 wins in 13 tries and singlehandedly blew the Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Broncos games?

He's Geno Smith.  But he's cute and white and cried.  So you love him?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  This is going to be a fuuuuuun week.  OMG.

SAR I

True colors coming shining through. Amoretz.

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I still say he was upset about leaving that cash on the table that he lost out on by breaking his hand. To tell you the truth I'm surprised he lasted this long with his injury history. He played above his head all season based on his career #'s and he did give it his all. At least he didn't BUTTFUMBLE and make himself a never get tired of joke when brought up by certain posters on these boards.

Such high standards.  Oh, he blew 5 games via interceptions or no-shows, but hey, he is cute and cried and said all the sweet things so let's put him way up there on a pedestal, put him into the Ring Of Honor for going 5-8.

Ah, but someone who actually puts up real wins and leads playoff charges and wins playoff games, ah, let's turn our back on him because he embarrassed us on TV and YouTube.

Let me guess:  Mets fan, right?  

SAR I

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember, this is the fanbase that thinks Chad Pennington is one of our greatest quarterbacks, ever.

As horribly sad as this statement is ... it's also true.

McCown was just good enough to hose our chances at a really good pick next draft.  But the unfortunate component of that outcome for us is not a blemish on his efforts. He's a good kid who gave it the best he had.

I'll take a good guy with marginal ability any day over an entitled jackass with the same output. And we've picked and started our share of those over the years.  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Such high standards.  Oh, he blew 5 games via interceptions or no-shows, but hey, he is cute and cried and said all the sweet things so let's put him way up there on a pedestal, put him into the Ring Of Honor for going 5-8.

Ah, but someone who actually puts up real wins and leads playoff charges and wins playoff games, ah, let's turn our back on him because he embarrassed us on TV and YouTube.

Let me guess:  Mets fan, right?  

SAR I

You are such a poser dude. He was 2 and 32 before he came here. So winning 5 games was playing above his head. No one is saying he deserves ANYTHING but a momser like you. Your boy Sanchez sh*t the bed outside of 2 years and even then he couldn't deliver when needed. Your unhealthy obsession with Sanchez has me worried about you. And yes I am a Met Fan since the beginning and proud of it. I know your a Skankee fan without even asking. I know this because I worked as a guard for years at Shea and Skankee Stadium. I used to love guys like you. When you get tossed out of Skankee Stadium you probably say I'm a season ticket holder. Thats when I used to open my uni shirt exposing my Mets T-shirt underneath and tell you you got tossed by a Mets Fan. Used to drive them out of their minds. I still say your a closet Giant Fan who couldn't get tix to their games so you settled for Jet Tix.

10 minutes ago, NJ said:

As horribly sad as this statement is ... it's also true.

McCown was just good enough to hose our chances at a really good pick next draft.  But the unfortunate component of that outcome for us is not a blemish on his efforts. He's a good kid who gave it the best he had.

I'll take a good guy with marginal ability any day over an entitled jackass with the same output. And we've picked and started our share of those over the years. 

Problem is, we are always at the extremes, never in the center.

Either they're too young (Sanchez, Smith) or too old (Fitzpatrick, McCown) and so we never find someone in the middle, someone just turning 27 off his first contract or a hidden gem lost as a backup on a roster somewhere.  So we fail with 20-somethings who we invest too much time in and we succeed with 40-somethings with no time left.

It's a crazy circumstance and we're stuck in this rut since 2008.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

And yes I am a Met Fan since the beginning

Bingo.

Our debates over Geno, Sanchez, McCown, et al are now over.  All your beliefs and all your arguments are invalid because they are all skewed by emotion, not fact.

Mets fans are just that way.  I know too many of them, unfortunately.  Tormented by Yankee success, brutalized by Yankee fan teasing, the joke of ESPN, you don't actually want to win a Championship, you just want someone to make you feel good so you can sleep at night, you just want to avoid embarrassment.  Loser mentality.

Hey, if Geno Smith unfairness and Josh McCown's tears are what it takes to make it through another year with no hat, no t-shirt, and no parade I'm not the person to deprive you of it.  Enjoy. 

SAR I

Archived