Sign in to follow this  
kevinc855

Hats off to McCown

Rate this topic

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember, this is the fanbase that thinks Chad Pennington is one of our greatest quarterbacks, ever.

As horribly sad as this statement is ... it's also true.

McCown was just good enough to hose our chances at a really good pick next draft.  But the unfortunate component of that outcome for us is not a blemish on his efforts. He's a good kid who gave it the best he had.

I'll take a good guy with marginal ability any day over an entitled jackass with the same output. And we've picked and started our share of those over the years.  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Such high standards.  Oh, he blew 5 games via interceptions or no-shows, but hey, he is cute and cried and said all the sweet things so let's put him way up there on a pedestal, put him into the Ring Of Honor for going 5-8.

Ah, but someone who actually puts up real wins and leads playoff charges and wins playoff games, ah, let's turn our back on him because he embarrassed us on TV and YouTube.

Let me guess:  Mets fan, right?  

SAR I

You are such a poser dude. He was 2 and 32 before he came here. So winning 5 games was playing above his head. No one is saying he deserves ANYTHING but a momser like you. Your boy Sanchez sh*t the bed outside of 2 years and even then he couldn't deliver when needed. Your unhealthy obsession with Sanchez has me worried about you. And yes I am a Met Fan since the beginning and proud of it. I know your a Skankee fan without even asking. I know this because I worked as a guard for years at Shea and Skankee Stadium. I used to love guys like you. When you get tossed out of Skankee Stadium you probably say I'm a season ticket holder. Thats when I used to open my uni shirt exposing my Mets T-shirt underneath and tell you you got tossed by a Mets Fan. Used to drive them out of their minds. I still say your a closet Giant Fan who couldn't get tix to their games so you settled for Jet Tix.

10 minutes ago, NJ said:

As horribly sad as this statement is ... it's also true.

McCown was just good enough to hose our chances at a really good pick next draft.  But the unfortunate component of that outcome for us is not a blemish on his efforts. He's a good kid who gave it the best he had.

I'll take a good guy with marginal ability any day over an entitled jackass with the same output. And we've picked and started our share of those over the years. 

Problem is, we are always at the extremes, never in the center.

Either they're too young (Sanchez, Smith) or too old (Fitzpatrick, McCown) and so we never find someone in the middle, someone just turning 27 off his first contract or a hidden gem lost as a backup on a roster somewhere.  So we fail with 20-somethings who we invest too much time in and we succeed with 40-somethings with no time left.

It's a crazy circumstance and we're stuck in this rut since 2008.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

And yes I am a Met Fan since the beginning

Bingo.

Our debates over Geno, Sanchez, McCown, et al are now over.  All your beliefs and all your arguments are invalid because they are all skewed by emotion, not fact.

Mets fans are just that way.  I know too many of them, unfortunately.  Tormented by Yankee success, brutalized by Yankee fan teasing, the joke of ESPN, you don't actually want to win a Championship, you just want someone to make you feel good so you can sleep at night, you just want to avoid embarrassment.  Loser mentality.

Hey, if Geno Smith unfairness and Josh McCown's tears are what it takes to make it through another year with no hat, no t-shirt, and no parade I'm not the person to deprive you of it.  Enjoy. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Josh, you truly Jetted Up like no one else.  Thank’s

LOL. He displayed the same unreliable QB play we have grown accustomed to.

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

Our debates over Geno, Sanchez, McCown, et al are now over.  All your beliefs and all your arguments are invalid because they are all skewed by emotion, not fact.

Mets fans are just that way.  I know too many of them, unfortunately.  Tormented by Yankee success, brutalized by Yankee fan teasing, the joke of ESPN, you don't actually want to win a Championship, you just want someone to make you feel good so you can sleep at night, you just want to avoid embarrassment.  Loser mentality.

Hey, if Geno Smith unfairness and Josh McCown's tears are what it takes to make it through another year with no hat, no t-shirt, and no parade I'm not the person to deprive you of it.  Enjoy. 

SAR I

Met/Jet fans have it tough. Double the loser, always a big fat pathetic joke. Thankfully I’m a Yankee fan 

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Met/Jet fans have it tough. Double the loser, always a big fat pathetic joke. Thankfully I’m a Yankee fan 

Mets/Jets fans have it tough, but they don't need to bring down the rest of us.  To them, sports is only about one thing-  it's all about being teased, picked on, laughed at.  Giants fans, Yankees fans, Rangers fans, the elite NY teams have fans with high standards used to winning and some of those fans tease the poor unfortunate cross-town equivalents.  Some can handle it, many can't.

Sadly, they aren't objective because everything they see is through the lens of tease-avoidance.  Player X might have done a good job on the field but he did something to make them feel ashamed to show their faces at the Monday morning water cooler and they got teased for it and they felt embarrassed.  So Player X is an outcast, doesn't matter how well he did on the field, he caused a tease, gets the death penalty.

They need a safe space, not a discussion forum.

SAR I

He helped lead a team with a severe lack of such a year earlier and and helped Robby A, reach some of his potential.

For that, I'm thankful for McCown.

If this is it for his career, be it here or overall, he can't say he didn't give it his all. He was never truly great, but he was a consummate pro who made the most of his chances and lasted 15 years in the NFL. That's to be commended.

I'd love to have him back in a QB coach interning role, and wouldn't mind him back in uniform if the price was right.

its about time to move on to Petty, if not because the season's almost completely out of hand then because any shot we're gonna have at the post season might not be attainable with a hobbled 28 year old.

Fuc* McClown.

Seriously. Is this like the football version of American Idol. If you like the McClown the JAG QB dial 888-4JA-GQB2 now!!!!

He's a mercenary veteran JAG that has made a 15 year career on being a reasonable backup. And pretty lousy occasional starter. And keeps getting hired because hes LIKABLE. GAG.....

But he's charismatic !! He's a leader!! I mean if he had went to an elitist "Ivy League" school he'd be perfect!!!

BS. He is a crappy QB that played somewhat less crappy than the rest of the career, won exactly ONE game (KC last week) lost a few all on his own with predictable 4th quarter collapses, and played at best to not lose the others,  but we are someone supposed to be thankful to this guy?

Please. He should never have been on the team.

He's just another likable charismatic white QB that people MASSIVELY overrate. Literally Fitz 2.0. Him not playing another down for the Jets is too soon.

I have an idea, fire Bowles and let him McClown and Fitzloser start a shrimp fry restaurant called Bubba and the two "Charismatic" White guys.

Meanwhile in real football world, the Jets need to get off the football version of American Idol and have the balls to fully commit to building a long term viable football TEAM.

Veteran charismatic white JAGOFFs need not apply

Let's hope this is the last we've seen of McCown.  Nothing personal against him, but the Jets need to be moving forward with a young guy they can develop into something good by the time Brady retires.  We'll find out next week if Petty is worth anything (he looked pretty inaccurate today but let's see him with a normal week of prep), but right now it looks like 0 of the 3 QBs on the roster can be the guy next year.

You make some points for sure dude. American idol... Perfect 

really, the whole leage is a total joke. They now have commercials trying to trick people into thinking Brady the fraudulent cheating bltch is GOAT. LMAOWUT 

Yeah i'm just gonna go ahead n pass on whatever it is your selling, NFL. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mets/Jets fans have it tough, but they don't need to bring down the rest of us.  To them, sports is only about one thing-  it's all about being teased, picked on, laughed at.  Giants fans, Yankees fans, Rangers fans, the elite NY teams have fans with high standards used to winning and some of those fans tease the poor unfortunate cross-town equivalents.  Some can handle it, many can't.

Sadly, they aren't objective because everything they see is through the lens of tease-avoidance.  Player X might have done a good job on the field but he did something to make them feel ashamed to show their faces at the Monday morning water cooler and they got teased for it and they felt embarrassed.  So Player X is an outcast, doesn't matter how well he did on the field, he caused a tease, gets the death penalty.

They need a safe space, not a discussion forum.

SAR I

This post is an attack on my personal identity and I won't stand for it.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

SAR I

LOL. Typical Elitist Skankee Fan response. You are out touch with reality my obsessed little friend. Not all Skankee fans are like you just a select few who view themselves as above everyone else. Your responses support your delusions of grandeur and your admission explains a lot about your posting style. Since the Skanks haven't won since 2009 I'm sure your little panties are not only in a bunch but surely tied in knots. I'm sure you feel you "got me" with your response but it only makes me chuckle at the depth of your self loathing.

Now Geno"friggin"Smith is treated unfairly after you essentially called him garbage only enforces your inability to argue effectively. Please keep posting because your responses are better than watching CNN and the joke it has become. Here's a little pic just for you:

image.png

17 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Jeez...he was just a guy getting paid to do a damn job.  He's probably more emotional because his career is over, little to do with the NYJ. As far as playing 'tremendous' football?  Meh.

Exactly... 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

This may be the post of the year.

You do realize that Josh McCown just put up 5 wins in 13 tries and singlehandedly blew the Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Broncos games?

He's Geno Smith.  But he's cute and white and cried.  So you love him?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  This is going to be a fuuuuuun week.  OMG.

SAR I

I don't think it is about that.

You can't blame the guy for coming here, taking the money that was offered him, and trying his hardest when his number is called.  Isn't that what we want from a QB?

Granted, he should have never been put in there in the first place; but that isn't his fault.  That is on Bowles for making a sh*tty decision. 

I don't think we should hold any ill will toward the guy just because he played his hardest....

McCown and his two career wins, took a team that was supposed to win 1 or 2 games and showed us that we actually have a better team than most thought and we have some pieces in place.  Yes, only 5 wins and yes, he was a big reason for some tough losses, but all in all he has shown us that if we can grab a QB in this draft or through FA, we are closer to the playoffs than one would think.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

This may be the post of the year.

You do realize that Josh McCown just put up 5 wins in 13 tries and singlehandedly blew the Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Broncos games?

He's Geno Smith.  But he's cute and white and cried.  So you love him?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  This is going to be a fuuuuuun week.  OMG.

SAR I

I think you're reaching here cause he is better than Geno. The only thing Geno had on him was running the ball other than that Geno was terrible.

16 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Typical Elitist Skankee Fan response. You are out touch with reality my obsessed little friend. Not all Skankee fans are like you just a select few who view themselves as above everyone else. Your responses support your delusions of grandeur and your admission explains a lot about your posting style. Since the Skanks haven't won since 2009 I'm sure your little panties are not only in a bunch but surely tied in knots. I'm sure you feel you "got me" with your response but it only makes me chuckle at the depth of your self loathing.

Now Geno"friggin"Smith is treated unfairly after you essentially called him garbage only enforces your inability to argue effectively. Please keep posting because your responses are better than watching CNN and the joke it has become. Here's a little pic just for you:

image.png

Who created this term "Skankee for Yankee"? It's the corniest thing I have ever heard.

17 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I've never seen someone more proud of a 5-8 team than Josh McCown, and that's why his career scouting report will read, "Great guy, not a winner."

I guess he has every reason to be proud, It's better than his previous  2-20.  

19 hours ago, billo83 said:

Oh give me a break, are you a woman? He was paid a lot of money to lead this team to 5-8. Wow. Yes, it wasn't a great roster,  but he had a big role in 2 losses and didn't show up for 2 more. He's a career loser,  and no different here. Should I give some love to Fitz too? Oh, I wasn't a Glennon fan either

Lol am I woman.. lol great pwn buddy. Can I take about your mom now? Genius. I am saying the guy is likable and has played solid in comparison to recent trash we've dealt with. He went into this season with some predicting we wouldn't win a single game.. and he wants to be here unlike just about everyone else. For that, I appreciate his effort. 

2 hours ago, GATA said:

Who created this term "Skankee for Yankee"? It's the corniest thing I have ever heard.

Mets fans who only know how to talk in “tease-language”, still can’t get over being picked on in the junior high school cafeteria when they were 12.

Ever see the movie Step Brothers?

SAR I

Lol am I woman.. lol great pwn buddy. Can I take about your mom now? Genius. I am saying the guy is likable and has played solid in comparison to recent trash we've dealt with. He went into this season with some predicting we wouldn't win a single game.. and he wants to be here unlike just about everyone else. For that, I appreciate his effort. 

What’s wrong with being a woman ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mets fans who only know how to talk in “tease-language”, still can’t get over being picked on in the junior high school cafeteria when they were 12.

Ever see the movie Step Brothers?

SAR I

Look Mr. Gardocki just leave me alone.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Look Mr. Gardocki just leave me alone.

LOL  

“I like fancy sauce.”

(If you haven’t seen the fancy sauce scene it’s on the extended edition.  I woke up an entire flight to Iceland at 3AM from laughing so hard)

SAR I