Sign in to follow this  
kevinc855

Hats off to McCown

Mets fans who only know how to talk in “tease-language”, still can’t get over being picked on in the junior high school cafeteria when they were 12.
Ever see the movie Step Brothers?
SAR I

Yea lol but I really have never heard that term

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 hours ago, JiF said:

One more year! One more year!!  One more year!!! One more year!!!! One more year!!!!!

19 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

THIS IS OUR QUARTERBACK!!!!! 

Look guys, Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker joined our humble little forum.

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Typical Elitist Skankee Fan response. You are out touch with reality my obsessed little friend. Not all Skankee fans are like you just a select few who view themselves as above everyone else. Your responses support your delusions of grandeur and your admission explains a lot about your posting style. Since the Skanks haven't won since 2009 I'm sure your little panties are not only in a bunch but surely tied in knots. I'm sure you feel you "got me" with your response but it only makes me chuckle at the depth of your self loathing.

Now Geno"friggin"Smith is treated unfairly after you essentially called him garbage only enforces your inability to argue effectively. Please keep posting because your responses are better than watching CNN and the joke it has become. Here's a little pic just for you:

When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

SAR I

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I don't think it is about that.

You can't blame the guy for coming here, taking the money that was offered him, and trying his hardest when his number is called.  Isn't that what we want from a QB?

Granted, he should have never been put in there in the first place; but that isn't his fault.  That is on Bowles for making a sh*tty decision. 

I don't think we should hold any ill will toward the guy just because he played his hardest....

No ill will at all, I think McCown did a solid job.  His emotional display was moving, I wish all the Jets were so passionate.

That said...

Ryan Fitzpatrick was just as much an old scrub as McCown and outperformed markedly, actually won 10 games, actually set the team record for TD's with 31.  And these same Jets fans getting all moist for McCown ran Fitz out of town.  Why?  For being a better player?  For winning 10 games instead of 5?  Because he didn't cry at a press conference?

Mark Sanchez was a young pup who outperformed his years markedly, went 28-17 by December of his third season, made the playoffs twice, won 4 playoff games on the road, and set the team postseason record for QBR, TD's, and completions.  And these same Jets fans getting all moist for McCown ran Mark out of town.  Why?  For being a better player?  For winning 4 playoff games instead of 5 regular season games?  Because he didn't cry at a press conference?

That be my point.  I'm cool with McCown.  I'm not cool with many weak Jets fans who have their priorities completely backwards, who think it's more about the personality than the accomplishments, who just want to avoid Mets fan embarrassment so much that it blinds them to the truth.

SAR I

43 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yea lol but I really have never heard that term

What Mets fans will never understand is that Yankees fans don't care about them at all, they don't exist to us, they might as well be the Padres for all we care.

Yet all they want is our approval.  All they want is our respect.  All they want is to win a World Series so they can say "Ha! Look at us!" when we wouldn't care at all.  It's the ultimate irony.  It's like that guy you know is into you and all he wants to do is prove himself worthy to you but you just don't care and you never will and even though his whole life is built around you it doesn't make a difference to you at all.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No ill will at all, I think McCown did a solid job.  His emotional display was moving, I wish all the Jets were so passionate.

That said...

Ryan Fitzpatrick was just as much an old scrub as McCown and outperformed markedly, actually won 10 games, actually set the team record for TD's with 31.  And these same Jets fans getting all moist for McCown ran Fitz out of town.  Why?  For being a better player?  For winning 10 games instead of 5?  Because he didn't cry at a press conference?

Mark Sanchez was a young pup who outperformed his years markedly, went 28-17 by December of his third season, made the playoffs twice, won 4 playoff games on the road, and set the team postseason record for QBR, TD's, and completions.  And these same Jets fans getting all moist for McCown ran Mark out of town.  Why?  For being a better player?  For winning 4 playoff games instead of 5 regular season games?  Because he didn't cry at a press conference?

That be my point.  I'm cool with McCown.  I'm not cool with many weak Jets fans who have their priorities completely backwards, who think it's more about the personality than the accomplishments, who just want to avoid Mets fan embarrassment so much that it blinds them to the truth.

SAR I

Heres hoping you are in attendance at the game next season when they put Josh McCown in the RING OF HONOR :D

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Heres hoping you are in attendance at the game next season when they put Josh McCown in the RING OF HONOR :D

You laugh, but that's exactly what's happening with Chad Pennington.  That bum is being slowly elevated by the franchise to 'legend' status.

Makes me physically ill.

SAR I

I have nothing against McCown he was just doing the job to the best of his ability. But it's not his fault the team mishandled the QB position. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

That said...

SAR I

Gotcha...

I agree.....I wish McCown was never in that situation.  Put to bed ANY hope that Petty or Hack could have ran this team.  Take the egg on the face that these guys didn't work out.  You swung and missed....so be it.  If you are the guy still picking, pick another guy, and keep picking them until you find a QB.  Cut and dry. 

This to me is the biggest failure of the year, and what happens when the coach is just trying to save his job.  But then again, maybe I would do the same thing in the situation, failing to see "the big picture," since I wouldn't be around to be in it anyway.

Whatever people agreed with him starting or not you can't but respect the man himself. 

He took a team being built up as one of the worst the NFL had seen in a while - Mainstream outlets were touting 0-16 as very realistic and he's outperformed all expectations while playing behind one of the worst O-lines in the league - it's actually amazing the injury took this long. 

I'm sort of torn with where to go from here. I'd love him back as a backup/mentor to a 1st round pick/Free Agent but like Fitz I can see his good statistical season bringing unrealistic demands. Unlike Fitz he doesn't have the wins and hopefully we don't see him tarnish his legacy in the same way. As of now he's done nothing but impress me.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

That said...

SAR I

You just cant help yourself, can you?

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

The truth hurts.

SAR I

when it comes to this subject, you and Junk are delusional.  used to think you were just contrarian but...