Hats off to McCown

kevinc855

Whatever people agreed with him starting or not you can't but respect the man himself. 

He took a team being built up as one of the worst the NFL had seen in a while - Mainstream outlets were touting 0-16 as very realistic and he's outperformed all expectations while playing behind one of the worst O-lines in the league - it's actually amazing the injury took this long. 

I'm sort of torn with where to go from here. I'd love him back as a backup/mentor to a 1st round pick/Free Agent but like Fitz I can see his good statistical season bringing unrealistic demands. Unlike Fitz he doesn't have the wins and hopefully we don't see him tarnish his legacy in the same way. As of now he's done nothing but impress me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

No ill will at all, I think McCown did a solid job.  His emotional display was moving, I wish all the Jets were so passionate.

That said...

Ryan Fitzpatrick was just as much an old scrub as McCown and outperformed markedly, actually won 10 games, actually set the team record for TD's with 31.  And these same Jets fans getting all moist for McCown ran Fitz out of town.  Why?  For being a better player?  For winning 10 games instead of 5?  Because he didn't cry at a press conference?

Mark Sanchez was a young pup who outperformed his years markedly, went 28-17 by December of his third season, made the playoffs twice, won 4 playoff games on the road, and set the team postseason record for QBR, TD's, and completions.  And these same Jets fans getting all moist for McCown ran Mark out of town.  Why?  For being a better player?  For winning 4 playoff games instead of 5 regular season games?  Because he didn't cry at a press conference?

That be my point.  I'm cool with McCown.  I'm not cool with many weak Jets fans who have their priorities completely backwards, who think it's more about the personality than the accomplishments, who just want to avoid Mets fan embarrassment so much that it blinds them to the truth.

SAR I

You just cant help yourself, can you?

Archived