Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kevinc855

Hats off to McCown

Recommended Posts

Hats off to josh for giving It all he had and playing some tremendous football. What a team player and leader. Thanks josh! https://www.google.co.kr/amp/s/www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2017/12/10/16759980/watch-josh-mccown-gets-emotional-talking-about-broken-hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Jeez...he was just a guy getting paid to do a damn job.  He's probably more emotional because his career is over, little to do with the NYJ. As far as playing 'tremendous' football?  Meh.

His 5-7 record (we'll discount today's game) was among the greatest QB feats in NFL history! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget he had a big hand in at least a couple of losses and was an absolute no show I'm Tampa and today. His presence prevented an evaluation of the other 2 young ones. Yes that's not his fault,  he's competing as he should, but I view him in the same light as Fitz in that regard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"thanks for letting me a part of this team". How do you not like this guy? You bunch of angry Glennon lovers. I like Josh, and I appreciate his effort. He made losing sting just a little less. A losing season where we were in almost every game. A season where I didn't have to see Sanchez/Geno type football. Thanks Josh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good to come out of this is that people will hopefully stop saying Bowles needs an extension. We don't need to see Petty or Hack, I take the trash out twice a week so I know what garbage looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pointman said:

"thanks for letting me a part of this team". How do you not like this guy? You bunch of angry Glennon lovers. I like Josh, and I appreciate his effort. He made losing sting just a little less. A losing season where we were in almost every game. A season where I didn't have to see Sanchez/Geno type football. Thanks Josh.

Oh give me a break, are you a woman? He was paid a lot of money to lead this team to 5-8. Wow. Yes, it wasn't a great roster,  but he had a big role in 2 losses and didn't show up for 2 more. He's a career loser,  and no different here. Should I give some love to Fitz too? Oh, I wasn't a Glennon fan either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I've never seen someone more proud of a 5-8 team than Josh McCown, and that's why his career scouting report will read, "Great guy, not a winner."

Sadly, this may be the greatest team he ever played on ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

LOL...I don't dislike the guy..but the hand wringing and over the top sentiment for a guy that played 13 games for us is...a bit much?  IDK

Remember, this is the fanbase that thinks Chad Pennington is one of our greatest quarterbacks, ever.

Turns out, all you need to do is act humble and shed a few tears.  Jets fans standards are that low, you see.  Not about wins and losses.  It's about love.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pointman said:

 A season where I didn't have to see Sanchez/Geno type football. Thanks Josh.

This may be the post of the year.

You do realize that Josh McCown just put up 5 wins in 13 tries and singlehandedly blew the Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Broncos games?

He's Geno Smith.  But he's cute and white and cried.  So you love him?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  This is going to be a fuuuuuun week.  OMG.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Might get heat for this, but he might not be bad hire as a qb coach. Seems well liked/respected and likes the organization. Just a thought though

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Screw that!  He's head coach material!  He cried!  What a fantastic all-time great Jet!

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say he was upset about leaving that cash on the table that he lost out on by breaking his hand. To tell you the truth I'm surprised he lasted this long with his injury history. He played above his head all season based on his career #'s and he did give it his all. At least he didn't BUTTFUMBLE and make himself a never get tired of joke when brought up by certain posters on these boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This may be the post of the year.

You do realize that Josh McCown just put up 5 wins in 13 tries and singlehandedly blew the Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Broncos games?

He's Geno Smith.  But he's cute and white and cried.  So you love him?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  This is going to be a fuuuuuun week.  OMG.

SAR I

True colors coming shining through. Amoretz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I still say he was upset about leaving that cash on the table that he lost out on by breaking his hand. To tell you the truth I'm surprised he lasted this long with his injury history. He played above his head all season based on his career #'s and he did give it his all. At least he didn't BUTTFUMBLE and make himself a never get tired of joke when brought up by certain posters on these boards.

Such high standards.  Oh, he blew 5 games via interceptions or no-shows, but hey, he is cute and cried and said all the sweet things so let's put him way up there on a pedestal, put him into the Ring Of Honor for going 5-8.

Ah, but someone who actually puts up real wins and leads playoff charges and wins playoff games, ah, let's turn our back on him because he embarrassed us on TV and YouTube.

Let me guess:  Mets fan, right?  

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×