Complaints about Todd Bowles thread: MERGED

freestater

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a game that should get you fired.

The Jets weren't even trying in the 4th quarter. They were running the ball into the line and punting. They basically told Denver "we've had enough, you win". That's embarrassing to watch and ownership should take notice of that.

I'm not even saying the players quit. The coaches gave up on the game. That's what it looked like. I get Petty might stink, but your playoff lives are on the line, you have to try and do something on offense. 

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Jets weren't even trying in the 4th quarter. They were running the ball into the line and punting. They basically told Denver "we've had enough, you win". That's embarrassing to watch and ownership should take notice of that.

I'm not even saying the players quit. The coaches gave up on the game. That's what it looked like. I get Petty might stink, but your playoff lives are on the line, you have to try and do something on offense. 

Bowles gave up at the end of the 2nd quarter.  Nothing that happened in the 2nd half surprised me.  Running out the clock is just the icing on the cake.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree. If Bowles isn't fired after this game,  I think it's time for an all out boycott of J&J products and banners calling for the sale of the team. Where are the fire Idzyk guys?

Wait, so last week Todd Bowles is a motivational genius because his 39 year old quarterback wins AFC Offensive Player Of The Week and now Bowles should be shown the door because the same QB plays like a 39 year old bum?

You fans amuse me.

I'm no Bowles fan, but give me a break.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wait, so last week Todd Bowles is a motivational genius because his 39 year old quarterback wins AFC Offensive Player Of The Week and now Bowles should be shown the door because the same QB plays like a 39 year old bum?

You fans amuse me.

SAR I

Maybe others said that first part. Not me. Sick of cluelessness on the sidelines. Wasted timeouts. No perceptible awareness of situational football. Lack of freaking balls. So sick of coordinators who get hc jobs based on their aggressiveness, then when it's their neck that's stuck out there, they curl up in a ball and play Herm-ball.

15 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Really? How about the Tampa game? Raiders game? Bowles is pathetic

Exactly...that Tampa game was PATHETIC, as was the 2nd Miami game vs the amazing Matt Moore. Dolphins beat us coming back from 14 down in the 4th quarter & then get beat 40-0 the next week vs a Real head coach in Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Maybe others said that first part. Not me. Sick of cluelessness on the sidelines. Wasted timeouts. No perceptible awareness of situational football. Lack of freaking balls. So sick of coordinators who get hc jobs based on their aggressiveness, then when it's their neck that's stuck out there, they curl up in a ball and play Herm-ball.

Everybody knows how I feel about Bowles. I was one of the only fans hating on him AFTER last weeks big win.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly...that Tampa game was PATHETIC, as was the 2nd Miami game vs the amazing Matt Moore. Dolphins beat us coming back from 14 down in the 4th quarter & then get beat 40-0 the next week vs a Real head coach in Baltimore.

Exactly. The 4th quarter meltdowns and penalties for this team is atrocious. I can't see why anyone would support this bufoon. But he gets these guys to play and has learned a lot. SMH and LMFAO this turd hasn't learned jack

Just now, billo83 said:

Exactly. The 4th quarter meltdowns and penalties for this team is atrocious. I can't see why anyone would support this bufoon. But he gets these guys to play and has learned a lot. SMH and LMFAO this turd hasn't learned jack

4th quarter meltdown?  This team didn't show up at all today! 

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You fans amuse me.

SAR I

its a dog eat dog cruel world. thats how we roll

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

And from a coach who had told us over the years that he plays the journeyman QB year after year because it gives us the ‘best chance to win’. Giving up the game when the playoffs are on the line-  not realistically but mathematically .. can’t have it both ways Todd

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Not just playoff hopes man, but it is your job as HC to play to win the game. Bowles literally QUIT on the team BEFORE HALFTIME. How do you "rally the troops" after giving up on the half? I would love to hear how Bowles attempted to "re motivate" the guys after literally saying, "we have had enough". He should be fired and then thrown out of the back of the plane at 30,000 feet.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Fire him? Did you see how Petty looked?

That game probably just got him an extension.

I wonder how many first team reps Petty has gotten this season. No one can come in cold like that and look good. In fact, I think that is ANOTHER PRIME reason to fire this jackass. My God the Jets have hired two of the WORST HC's in NFL history, back to back. 

Worst head coach in the years I have been a fan of this team which is 2 decades. Mccown having a career year shouldn't be enough of a reason to extend him. Unfortunately, with Woody not caring and Chris being the nerdy star eyed doofus he seems to be we are stuck with Bowles for the foreseeable future.

46 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

its a dog eat dog cruel world. thats how we roll

Hey, people should have killed the guy for his high risk strategy late in the half against the Patriots and Dolphins, today he did the opposite of what he should have done again.  Enough with him.

SAR I

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Fire him? Did you see how Petty looked?

That game probably just got him an extension.

The whole of the season will get him an extension.

And, let's face it-  no decent HC candidate would want to come here.  It's the same reason we keep getting first year rookie crap coaches.  We're no-man's land.

Keep Bowles until we find a decent young quarterback and then cut him that day.  For now he's cheap and the players like him so who cares.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

In almost 3 years...

Have any of you seen a single game, call, decision, etc. that made you think this to yourself?

"Wow. The Jets have found a really good head coach."

Anything at all?

Zero.

But I can name a dozen times he screwed up.

And that's why he's the perfect coach for the next two years.  We don't need a good coach yet.  We're not ready in any aspect of the game to attract a good one.  So let's suck with a bad one.

SAR I

Archived