Jump to content

Complaints about Todd Bowles thread: MERGED


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, SAR I said:

The whole of the season will get him an extension.

And, let's face it-  no decent HC candidate would want to come here.  It's the same reason we keep getting first year rookie crap coaches.  We're no-man's land.

Keep Bowles until we find a decent young quarterback and then cut him that day.  For now he's cheap and the players like him so who cares.

SAR I

Those are really good points actually. They aren't getting any head coach right now, its a mess.

5 wins when people said they would have the first pick. I am not sold on Bowles, but let's get a QB and see where we are then.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Zero.

But I can name a dozen times he screwed up.

And that's why he's the perfect coach for the next two years.  We don't need a good coach yet.  We're not ready in any aspect of the game to attract a good one.  So let's suck with a bad one.

SAR I

Um, yeah that is brilliant advice.....now it is two years; no thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jetgreen13 said:

wait, wut??

did you just put this loss on petty, or are you trolling your own forum??

I didn't put the loss on Petty.

I am joking that he went 2 of 9 and today Bowles was validated for playing McCown all season long.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Maybe others said that first part. Not me. Sick of cluelessness on the sidelines. Wasted timeouts. No perceptible awareness of situational football. Lack of freaking balls. So sick of coordinators who get hc jobs based on their aggressiveness, then when it's their neck that's stuck out there, they curl up in a ball and play Herm-ball.

We only hire rookie head coaches.

That's the problem right there.

I don't want to see another one.  I'm done with them.  Get a coach, any head coach, that was an NFL head coach already.  John Fox?  Fine.  I'll take Eric Mangini again at this point.

No more rookie head coaches.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Wait, so last week Todd Bowles is a motivational genius because his 39 year old quarterback wins AFC Offensive Player Of The Week and now Bowles should be shown the door because the same QB plays like a 39 year old bum?

You fans amuse me.

I'm no Bowles fan, but give me a break.

SAR I

You don't have to dislike Bowles in order to criticize him for this performance today. The way he coached the 2nd half was inexcusable. The team was running the clock out in the 4th quarter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok at the end of the first half I i yelling at this a$$hole to call time out but yet he lets the clock roll to .30secs. That’s when I was done forever. You’re down 10-0 with the playoffs on the line lol like that’s reality and you let it run down to 30seconds and take a knee. Eff you. You’re done you have no win instinct so **** you I want you gone,,  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Those are really good points actually. They aren't getting any head coach right now, its a mess.

5 wins when people said they would have the first pick. I am not sold on Bowles, but let's get a QB and see where we are then.

 

 

deleted

Edited by Maxman
leave race out of this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetgreen13 said:

wait, wut??

did you just put this loss on petty, or are you trolling your own forum??

Well yeah it couldn't be that McCown sucked for three quarters could it?

Those three passes dropped by Robbie mean nothing. He only hit him in the hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Fire him? Did you see how Petty looked?

That game probably just got him an extension.

One game shouldn't get you fired. That's obviously a reactionary comment when I say it because I was so disgusted. But Bowles performance in this game was awful. 

I think young players are developing under him, but i'm not seeing the in game coaching that I would like to see from him that makes me think he can lead us to success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Um, yeah that is brilliant advice.....now it is two years; no thanks.

In the NFL there is something called a rebuilding head coach. He is either a brilliant young guy who is developing as a manager and who the players like or he's an absolute piece of trash because you cannot attract anyone of any talent to your sorry franchise.

Todd Bowles is the latter. 

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

Well yeah it couldn't be that McCown sucked for three quarters could it?

Those three passes dropped by Robbie mean nothing. He only hit him in the hands.

Not sure if you also read my post the wrong way. This loss is not on Petty. I didn't say that.

Petty didn't make a good impression. He will have another chance to erase that mark next week. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

In the NFL there is something called a rebuilding head coach. He is either a brilliant young guy who is developing as a manager and who the players like or he's an absolute piece of trash because you cannot attract anyone of any talent to your sorry franchise.

Todd Bowles is the latter. 

SAR I

Yeah we have had rebuilding coaches for as long as I can remember....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Those are really good points actually. They aren't getting any head coach right now, its a mess.

5 wins when people said they would have the first pick. I am not sold on Bowles, but let's get a QB and see where we are then

Bingo.

This is also yet another season where too many naive Jets fans get sucked into what the media sells them and what they want to see instead of what is actually happening. 

Most people had the Jets ceiling at 3 wins. The only thing separating us from that and our eventual 5-11 final record is that we found yet another scrub quarterback who is outperforming his abilities.   Take McCown out of the equation, start Petty or Hackenburg from day one, and we are the Indianapolis Colts or the Cleveland Browns. 

Bowles is exactly what we need right now.  He has gotten many players, especially the young ones, to respond to him. Compared to last year when he lost the locker room completely, this is actually progress. 

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The whole of the season will get him an extension.

And, let's face it-  no decent HC candidate would want to come here.  It's the same reason we keep getting first year rookie crap coaches.  We're no-man's land.

Keep Bowles until we find a decent young quarterback and then cut him that day.  For now he's cheap and the players like him so who cares.

SAR I

Bowles is to me approximately 40% of the problem.  Mac is the bigger problem.  No one will come to the Jets until the talent is better.  So Mac has to get better, or else might as well stick with Bowles.  

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You don't have to dislike Bowles in order to criticize him for this performance today. The way he coached the 2nd half was inexcusable. The team was running the clock out in the 4th quarter.

I think practices have been either all in McCown or Petty has looked awful.

Bowles just shut the game down-figures Petty will practice more during the week.

Everyone would be looney tunes, including McCown, if he plays with broken hand. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Ok at the end of the first half I i yelling at this a$$hole to call time out but yet he lets the clock roll to .30secs. That’s when I was done forever. You’re down 10-0 with the playoffs on the line lol like that’s reality and you let it run down to 30seconds and take a knee. Eff you. You’re done you have no win instinct so **** you I want you gone,,  

So you think Todd Bowles did the right thing against the New England Patriots with a 10 point halftime lead with a minute in the half and against the Miami Dolphins with the game in the bag, both leading to devastating losses? 

It's going to sound like I am defending him when I actually don't like the guy, but perhaps he knew that his offense that only put up 40 yards the entire first half and his quarterback was injured and his D was gassed and he did not want to take a chance of a three and out or a turnover and giving the ball back to a Broncos team that was running all over them?   Sounds like smart coaching to me, not idiotic at all. Unless you are watching on TV from 1000 miles away and don't know what the situation actually is. 

SAR I

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not sure if you also read my post the wrong way. This loss is not on Petty. I didn't say that.

Petty didn't make a good impression. He will have another chance to erase that mark next week. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

Actually I thought he was OK. No picks. Team quit before he came into the game. A gutless loss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone want to put in on a billboard? Lmao 

seriously, I’ll chip in tho. 80 Million in cap space, top 8 pick, bunch of young players that can take another couple steps forward with better coaching. This can be an intriguing place for a coach. Fire that bum!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I get Petty might stink, but your playoff lives are on the line, you have to try and do something on offense. 

How do you get the most out of a player? You keep him positive and determined to show something when presented the opportunity. Bowles has FAILED MISERABLY in that category. He tells the press weekly that McCown is his guy, so what does that do to the young guys confidence level? Bottom's out is what. Both Hackenberg and Petty probably think (and rightly so) that this HC thinks they stink, and they may very well stink, but a HC is NOT supposed to make his players feel like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Meh. As much as I question Bowles. The roster has problems and it’s not on him if the oline is getting tossed around, if there’s no pass rush, or if Claiborne is getting abused. 

 

 It is on him that this team continues to come out lifeless on the road and after byes and long weeks, 4th quarter collapses,  countless penalties, clock mismanagement (see end of 1st half), and not controlling the locker room. The team quit on him today. Enough of the excuses for this turd. He hasn't learned d*k and is the same buffoon as year 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

One game shouldn't get you fired. That's obviously a reactionary comment when I say it because I was so disgusted. But Bowles performance in this game was awful. 

I think young players are developing under him, but i'm not seeing the in game coaching that I would like to see from him that makes me think he can lead us to success.

Quitting on your team sure should and that is exactly what he did today. 1:12 left and he doesn't call a timeout? At worst the Jets get the ball with 1:06 left and two timeouts. You throws caution to the wind and try ANYTHING to ignite a spark and maybe get a FG in the process. Bowles showed that he is gutless and even worse a quitter. He motivated Denver for the second half more than he ever has his own team. This guy HAS GOT TO GO. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Meh. As much as I question Bowles. The roster has problems and it’s not on him if the oline is getting tossed around, if there’s no pass rush, or if Claiborne is getting abused. 

 

Claiborne's agent had a bad day today. That guy lost a lot of money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We only hire rookie head coaches.

That's the problem right there.

I don't want to see another one.  I'm done with them.  Get a coach, any head coach, that was an NFL head coach already.  John Fox?  Fine.  I'll take Eric Mangini again at this point.

No more rookie head coaches.

SAR I

I'm completely on board with that. I would love to be the team that gives Jim Schwartz his second chance, tbh

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the team isnt the most talented -but to blow leads on the road or just not show up is really bad. And then to watch Bowles sit there the whole game emotionless is infuriating. I agree, bring back Mangini. Its the only small window of success we have had since Parcells left. Everything else has been a disaster.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This is a game that should get you fired.

The Jets weren't even trying in the 4th quarter. They were running the ball into the line and punting. They basically told Denver "we've had enough, you win". That's embarrassing to watch and ownership should take notice of that.

I'm not even saying the players quit. The coaches gave up on the game. That's what it looked like. I get Petty might stink, but your playoff lives are on the line, you have to try and do something on offense. 

Petty MIGHT stink? Have you seen him play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...