Complaints about Todd Bowles thread: MERGED

freestater

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Giants fire a coach and gm that got them to the playoffs last season. Jets keep a gm and hc because they're rebuilding again. 

What a joke.

If you think that’s a joke, then wait till both of these buffoons get a contract extension. 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What this guy did at the end of the first half with about 3:00 left was Pee -Wee league bad. If you are down 10-0 obviously you are still in the game so on 2nd down Bowles accepts a penalty to make it 2nd and 15 rather than letting it go to 3rd and 10 and giving the defense a chance for a stop to get the ball back to the offense. On top of that he did not bother to use one of his 3 time outs . The Camera panned to Bowles standing there like a complete idiot with Trent Green in the booth saying "why does Boles not use one of his 3 timeouts ??? Then if that was not bad enough he lets the Bronco's line up for a field goal and run out even more time before the attempt. We should have got the ball back with about 1:15 left on the clock but in Bowles world we got the ball back with 32 seconds and still 3 time outs. 

I'm sorry but this kind of coaching is totally inexcusable. It was amazing enough we still had the 3 Time outs since Bowles and Company are masters at making bad Challenges and Using time outs on 2nd and 1 but this time it was just one of the worst coaching performances I have ever seen as a Jets fan. This was also the worst game I have seen in years as well. This team was not prepared to play a professional football game.

Now This IDIOT has the challenge of playing his 2 young QB's and IMHO the choice should be easy, it needs to be Hackenberg in the last 3 games so we can at least get a real look at the kid. Petty had his shot last year and now its time to see if we wasted our second round pick a few years ago and see how this kid reacts under pressure in a real football game. At that stage we can compare the results of the 2 kids in live game action to see who should actually stick with this team next year and into the future and who should open up a roster spot. 

Hasn't our HC already announced that Petty is his starter?  I think it ought to be Hack time as well since Petty totally failed the eyeball test and was an embarrassment out there yesterday.

I was giving Bowles credit this year for getting this team to over-perform.  This is much like I gave him credit in his first year while making allowances for the fact that he was a rookie HC. 

Now it seems clear that if his QB isn't having a career year that our HC just sux and hasn't learned a gd thing.       

9 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Quitting on your team sure should and that is exactly what he did today. 1:12 left and he doesn't call a timeout? At worst the Jets get the ball with 1:06 left and two timeouts. You throws caution to the wind and try ANYTHING to ignite a spark and maybe get a FG in the process. Bowles showed that he is gutless and even worse a quitter. He motivated Denver for the second half more than he ever has his own team. This guy HAS GOT TO GO. 

What gets me most is that the presumed logic here is "don't make it worse. regroup at half time and come out stronger in the second half, you get the ball first ...".

So we regroup and come out just as bad, if not worse, in the second half. :angry:

Second half

Drive 1 - 11 yards, punt; Denver score a TD on their ensuing drive

Drive 2 - 5 yards, punt

Half time adjustments??? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Now This IDIOT has the challenge of playing his 2 young QB's and IMHO the choice should be easy, it needs to be Hackenberg in the last 3 games so we can at least get a real look at the kid. Petty had his shot last year and now its time to see if we wasted our second round pick a few years ago and see how this kid reacts under pressure in a real football game. At that stage we can compare the results of the 2 kids in live game action to see who should actually stick with this team next year and into the future and who should open up a roster spot. 

If there’s one positive it’s that Hack and Petty have to be kicking ass on Madden for the last 2 years on the sidelines. 

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This is a game that should get you fired.

The Jets weren't even trying in the 4th quarter. They were running the ball into the line and punting. They basically told Denver "we've had enough, you win". That's embarrassing to watch and ownership should take notice of that.

I'm not even saying the players quit. The coaches gave up on the game. That's what it looked like. I get Petty might stink, but your playoff lives are on the line, you have to try and do something on offense. 

let's just say the bowles launch clock moved up a couple of notches.  the team was not ready.  imo mccown should've been removed after he got that twinge in the first half.  not that petty came in and did anything but at least he would've had the chance during halftime to get better prepared.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Hasn't our HC already announced that Petty is his starter?  I think it ought to be Hack time as well since Petty totally failed the eyeball test and was an embarrassment out there yesterday.

I was giving Bowles credit this year for getting this team to over-perform.  This is much like I gave him credit in his first year while making allowances for the fact that he was a rookie HC. 

Now it seems clear that if his QB isn't having a career year that our HC just sux and hasn't learned a gd thing.       

This league is watered down, most of their wins should have been loses and were gift wrapped, McClown played over the top, hence you have 5-8. They could and should be 2-11. Good riddance Bubba. 

21 minutes ago, jamesr said:

What gets me most is that the presumed logic here is "don't make it worse. regroup at half time and come out stronger in the second half, you get the ball first ...".

So we regroup and come out just as bad, if not worse, in the second half. :angry:

Second half

Drive 1 - 11 yards, punt; Denver score a TD on their ensuing drive

Drive 2 - 5 yards, punt

Half time adjustments??? :rolleyes:

Half time adjustment- just punt as soon as you get the ball on first down. Spare us the torture. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Bowles is horrible but Mac is the real problem 

Macc has brought in some good young talent, Bowles however can't even make obvious amature coaching decisions while standing on the sidelines clueless.

Sorry but If I had to compare the 2, Bowles is off the charts worse and its not even close. The reason this team is winning is due to the Fact John Morton had this offense playing at a level they should not have even been close too. Its the first time in years I have seen an OC actually able to scheme players wide open and in good mismatches, the first time since Charlie Weiss to be exact.

The Biggest rap on Macc is the inability to get a franchise QB in here and the only real mistake it seems he made was not drafting Watson but there were many people not so hot on Watson. I didn't have a problem with the reach on Hack in round 2 because the Kid does have all the physical talent to be great you just had to hope he had the mental ability which just so happens to be a gamble no matter what QB is available and that's been proven over time with early first round busts  outnumbering successes by a large margin.

How Macc handles this years FA market and draft will be what keeps him here or sends him packing. Honestly I would not spend much of the Money available until this team starts to win consistently then fill some Major holes to put us over the top in the next few years. However if the team has its sights set on one of the FA QB's namely Cousins then that will take a large chunk of the cap so the task will be difficult in how Macc proceeds. 

Either way this team wont win with Bowles making decisions like he did yesterday.

11 minutes ago, BigO said:

This league is watered down, most of their wins should have been loses and were gift wrapped, McClown played over the top, hence you have 5-8. They could and should be 2-11. Good riddance Bubba. 

you say that but this team also played well vs some top talent in NE and the Panthers and could have easily won both those games and possibly another of the few they squandered in the 4th quarter so while they could be 2-11 they could have also been 8-5

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

every time I start to like him as a coach he lets me down.  I really want him to succeed but any time we have any prosperity we come out flat the next week and that's on coaching.  Never mind the million awful in game decisions. 

Feel exactly the same way. I think this disaster of an effort yesterday may have sealed his fate. Only question is....if Macc stays, does Chris/Woody let him pick the coach? And have said coach report to him?

13 hours ago, billo83 said:

The owners are the Johnson's. They like zombies. It will take a boycott of their products and/or banners calling for heads to roll again

Boycott of what product?  Woody owns a financial investment company.  Unless you have millions to invest Woody doesn't care if you don't seek his advise. 

Bowles isn't fooling me, how can it be possible that the people that run this team can be so smitten with this guy? How can someone watch that sh*tshow yesterday & say this team was anywhere near prepared to play a game? 1-5 on the road, we all know we were outplayed in Cleveland and given a reprieve by their rookie QBs mistakes. Each season has a watershed moment, THAT should have been our watershed moment. We needed to lose that game to expose Bowles even more. Our other BIG WIN, Jags at home was another gift from a travel exhausted Jags team, and a fluke slip & fall by Powell.

A lot of fans on this site flip flop, but I have been off the Bowles bandwagon for a long time. Even after our WIN vs KC, I made this post on Dec.4th. Yesterday cemented my feelings on Todd Bowles who most definitely is the most inept coach since Rich Kotite & I am officially boycotting everything Jets until this moron is gone. I'll come back to read about the draft, but I can't support a team that continues to support this type of incompetence at Head Coach. Here's one of my posts after the KC win.

"You guys are so full of sh*t! Take off your green sun glasses. If you were an unbiased fan watching that game the first thing you'd come away saying, wow, the Chiefs just lost 5 games in a row & lost to the Jets. Your second thought would be, wow, the Jets defense is horrific!

I could only watch the game on redzone & I could not BELIEVE the amount of huge plays our defense was giving up! As you know Redzone shows all big plays, I was shocked seeing how open TDs & plays were & they all had a WTF factor. 2 wide open throws to Kelsey (who by the way KILLED us in KC last time...Todd? Todd? Remember that?). 2 wide open throws to Hill (Todd...did you know that Hill is the fastest WR in the league? Dan Fouts reminded me a thousand times yesterday). Then you had the ridiculous Smith 70 yard run (which was another record for something? Jets always seem to make records in bad ways). 

We're trying to build a team that can win a Super Bowl...well that's what I'm expecting. We've used numerous high end draft picks on this defense & hired a DEFENSIVE coach. Sorry, what I saw yesterday doesn't fill me with confidence. Just look at what proven defensive coaches do around this league, Wade Phillips, Schwartz, Zimmer, look what Patricia does in New England (they had a very tough start, but now lead the league the last 8 weeks in points allowed), that's COACHING! I don't want a coach that can't ADAPT, because he needs exactly all the pieces & pro bowlers at every position. Look at the injuries Seattle has had & they have that Schlub Byron Maxwell back & they still get it done without Sherman & Chancellor. Your damn right I'm whining, that was a sh*tshow on defense yesterday & we have fans on this site, citing that we didn't have Darron Lee? Give me a f*cking break! "

Does this come as a surprise?  This has been Todd since day 1.  The worst part is, he actually played it right before the half a couple times this year.  For some reason, decided otherwise yesterday.  Down 13, on the road and getting the ball back at the half.   I’ve never seen a coach with a worse feel for the game.  

I want Wade Phillips as my DC. Guy has done great as a D coordinator. Zimmer is a great coach too. 

But it anyway to address this.. I agree Bowles needs to get the F*CK! Problem is I would hate to stunt our players growth restarting them in a whole new system after progressing in the current one. I’d had to get rid of a coaching staff that besides Bowles has look nice. Kevin Greene, Morton, ect. Here we go always flip flopping staff/systems ..can’t say that I want Bowles to stay but damn it would be great if we didn’t have to do all that in the process.

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Then you had the ridiculous Smith 70 yard run (which was another record for something? Jets always seem to make records in bad ways). 

Hey, they had another record yesterday with the amount of yards. They broke 100 briefly, but then lost 3 yards and ended up with 98. 1st time since '76

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I want Wade Phillips as my DC. Guy has done great as a D coordinator. Zimmer is a great coach too. 

But it anyway to address this.. I agree Bowles needs to get the F*CK! Problem is I would hate to stunt our players growth restarting them in a whole new system after progressing in the current one. I’d had to get rid of a coaching staff that besides Bowles has look nice. Kevin Greene, Morton, ect. Here we go always flip flopping staff/systems ..can’t say that I want Bowles to stay but damn it would be great if we didn’t have to do all that in the process.

I understand the thought process of not wanting to switch coaches and systems, but this one just keeps having the same results. Keeping Bowles around just delays the inevitable. It would be insanity to expect anything new or improved from Bowles. Same boneheaded decisions, lack of ability in game..... This was his year to get a "pass" and he just keeps doing the same dumb stuff.  I am fine with firing Bowles and maybe, just maybe --- hopefully we hire a good coach that understands how to scheme towards his players strengths and understands how to make good decisions "in game". The assistants that we have, Green, Morton etc... If they are good enough then a new HC may see their value and keep them, if not then they are gone.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Does this come as a surprise?  This has been Todd since day 1.  The worst part is, he actually played it right before the half a couple times this year.  For some reason, decided otherwise yesterday.  Down 13, on the road and getting the ball back at the half.   I’ve never seen a coach with a worse feel for the game.  

You know its not a surprise with me since I have been pointing out Bowles flaws since the middle of his first season here.

You either have a feel for the game or you don't I'm not sure you can ever develop that feel since most of these guys have been around football their entire lives and clock management is important on any level of the sport. I don't see some miracle happening to change Bowles direction when it comes to making decisions, hes just terrible

Anyone Notice that once again Bowles was calling the defense from mid first quarter on ? He keeps doing this over and over yet he retains Rogers as his DC.

Hey Todd, you Idiot... if you have to keep doing this in year 3 of Kacy's tenure guess what ? He still sucks just as much now as he did when you brought him in here and you suck too !! 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Anyone Notice that once again Bowles was calling the defense from mid first quarter on ? He keeps doing this over and over yet he retains Rogers as his DC.

Hey Todd, you Idiot... if you have to keep doing this in year 3 of Kacy's tenure guess what ? He still sucks just as much now as he did when you brought him in here and you suck too !! 

The best sign of a bad head coach is when he takes over play calling duties. It shows he has no ability to judge coaching talent and hire a real coordinator. It reeks of him ensuring there's no one to challenge him there.

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So I guess you have not seen enough stupidity yet ? 

I just don't really understand (I mean, I kind of do, but...) how Jets fans can get so worked up about a judgement call to go into the half without any more damage, and just completely ignore the fact that the reason for that decision is largely predicated on the reason why we were in that position in the 1st place; that just as in the Bucs game, our offensive line was dominated for the entire game and Broncos defenders were in the backfield almost immediately after the snap on most plays.

That's what you should be outraged about.  We have, as per advanced stats, the 2nd worst offensive line in the NFL, which, after this week, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the worst.  This bothers generally no one though.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Is he going to find his own GM too? 

Funny how our team's owner is continually inept in finding a competent GM.  That's what you get when your owner is a dick who is content to accept the annual payment from the NFL's TV deal and not much else.  

Archived