Complaints about Todd Bowles thread: MERGED

freestater

18 minutes ago, Stark said:

I understand the thought process of not wanting to switch coaches and systems, but this one just keeps having the same results. Keeping Bowles around just delays the inevitable. It would be insanity to expect anything new or improved from Bowles. Same boneheaded decisions, lack of ability in game..... This was his year to get a "pass" and he just keeps doing the same dumb stuff.  I am fine with firing Bowles and maybe, just maybe --- hopefully we hire a good coach that understands how to scheme towards his players strengths and understands how to make good decisions "in game". The assistants that we have, Green, Morton etc... If they are good enough then a new HC may see their value and keep them, if not then they are gone.

That would be the best scenario and I’d gladly take it because Bowles is inept 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Not just the dumbest coach in the NFL, but in the entire history of the whole wide world! 

When our technology allows us to move more quickly through space/time, I expect it will prove that Todd Bowles is the worst coach in the galaxy.

Given how anemic we were on offense and how poorly McCown does in the two minute drill I don't really have a problem with it. If we were moving the ball well I think I'd be more riled up. I'm not really of the opinion that a field goal pumps up the rest of the team enough to overcome the shortcomings we had yesterday. 

I do think the team shut down when Petty came in though, you can blame it on Bowles but it's not like Petty prepped for this game. I think we'll see both Petty and Hack these last few games.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I just don't really understand (I mean, I kind of do, but...) how Jets fans can get so worked up about a judgement call to go into the half without any more damage, and just completely ignore the fact that the reason for that decision is largely predicated on the reason why we were in that position in the 1st place; that just as in the Bucs game, our offensive line was dominated for the entire game and Broncos defenders were in the backfield almost immediately after the snap on most plays.

That's what you should be outraged about.  We have, as per advanced stats, the 2nd worst offensive line in the NFL, which, after this week, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the worst.  This bothers generally no one though.

Because he could have not risked a turnover and also taken a time out.

There was approximately 1:12 (I believe) left in the half, we had time outs and Denver was kicking a very long FG (53 yards).  What if he missed?  Bowles let the clock run down, and then we have only 32 seconds left with the ball on the denver 43. 

Only someone who literally has no clue whatsoever as to how to manage a game doesnt take a time out there.  If he hits and you dont want to risk a turnover on the ensuing KO, then fine, receive the kick and kneel out the half.

But if you arent brainless, you CANNOT risk them missing and not having the full 1+ mins to get  your team into fg position.  There is no tangible benefit to not taking the TO, only downside.

Utterly the least defensible clock management ive ever seen.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Funny how our team's owner is continually inept in finding a competent GM.  That's what you get when your owner is a dick who is content to accept the annual payment from the NFL's TV deal and not much else.  

Have you met him?  I thought you were the guy with the "inside" on the team?  I have met him and several current and former NFL, NBA and NHL owners and he is among the nicest.  I don't know how any of that corresponds with ownership responsibility, but not a dick. 

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I just don't really understand (I mean, I kind of do, but...) how Jets fans can get so worked up about a judgement call to go into the half without any more damage, and just completely ignore the fact that the reason for that decision is largely predicated on the reason why we were in that position in the 1st place; that just as in the Bucs game, our offensive line was dominated for the entire game and Broncos defenders were in the backfield almost immediately after the snap on most plays.

That's what you should be outraged about.  We have, as per advanced stats, the 2nd worst offensive line in the NFL, which, after this week, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the worst.  This bothers generally no one though.

well in my case this has been happening for three years and more often than I would like.

So lets say for arguments sake the Jets become a playoff caliber team in the next few years due to a talent upgrade and a QB. Do you trust a guy like Todd Bowles not to make the bone headed calls we've become so used to during a one loss and your out playoff game ? Do you trust him to make adjustments in the locker room during half time ? Do you trust him to make all the correct calls to give your team the best chance to win like a Belichick ? Sure even Belichick makes a bad call from time to time (and hes made a few beauties) but they have proven to be every limited. 

What it comes down to is I simply do not trust Bowles to be the head coach of this football team.

Just now, BCJet said:

Because he could have not risked a turnover and also taken a time out.

There was approximately 1:12 (I believe) left in the half, we had time outs and Denver was kicking a very long FG (53 yards).  What if he missed?  Bowles let the clock run down, and then we have only 32 seconds left with the ball on the denver 43. 

Only someone who literally has no clue whatsoever as to how to manage a game doesnt take a time out there.  If he hits and you dont want to risk a turnover on the ensuing KO, then fine, receive the kick and kneel out the half.

But if you arent brainless, you CANNOT risk them missing and not having the full 1+ mins to get  your team into fg position.  There is no tangible benefit to not taking the TO, only downside.

Utterly the least defensible clock management ive ever seen.

But yeah, here's the thing.  I'm not saying it was the decision I'd have made, or the "right" one.  I'm saying in comparison to the fact that we have the 2nd worst offensive line in the NFL, and that was on display big time in 2 of the last 3 weeks, it's really not that big of a deal.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

well in my case this has been happening for three years and more often than I would like.

So lets say for arguments sake the Jets become a playoff caliber team in the next few years due to a talent upgrade and a QB. Do you trust a guy like Todd Bowles not to make the bone headed calls we've become so used to during a one loss and your out playoff game ? Do you trust him to make adjustments in the locker room during half time ? Do you trust him to make all the correct calls to give your team the best chance to win like a Belichick ? Sure even Belichick makes a bad call from time to time (and hes made a few beauties) but they have proven to be every limited. 

What it comes down to is I simply do not trust Bowles to be the head coach of this football team.

Is he my favorite coach?  No.  Do I think he's even 20% of the problem with this team?  Also No.

We have arguably the worst QB situation in the league... We have the 2nd worst offensive line in the league... Our last 3 1st round picks, two of them being top 10, are generally irrelevant... Our last 3 2nd round picks have netted us one guy who's actually played more than a couple dozen snaps... We have no one who can pressure a QB regularly... We are incredibly weak at RB... The guy we can be most excited about is still a 1-route player...

I'm a lot less worried about what Todd Bowels will do with a "playoff caliber team" than the fact that after 3 years, we're in this kind of shape with no reason to believe we'll be in any better shape next year, or the year after.

You can not coach a football game and fear situational football. So you are having a bad half ? So freakin what !! Good teams would have found a way to score before the half and then get the ball in the second half and drive up the field and score. No coach in the history of this game should ever NOT give their team that chance and Bowles did that yesterday. He basically was not paying attention or made a dreadfully dumb call or calls at the end of the half.

How many times have we spanked The Patriots in the first half of a football game only to have them score at the end of the half then get the ball at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and bring themselves right back in the game destroying our momentum ? How many times have you guys seen that ?

You don't just Not make the calls because you think your team stinks you make the calls because you always put your team in the position to win or turn a game around.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Is he my favorite coach?  No.  Do I think he's even 20% of the problem with this team?  Also No.

We have arguably the worst QB situation in the league... We have the 2nd worst offensive line in the league... Our last 3 1st round picks, two of them being top 10, are generally irrelevant... Our last 3 2nd round picks have netted us one guy who's actually played more than a couple dozen snaps... We have no one who can pressure a QB regularly... We are incredibly weak at RB... The guy we can be most excited about is still a 1-route player...

I'm a lot less worried about what Todd Bowels will do with a "playoff caliber team" than the fact that after 3 years, we're in this kind of shape with no reason to believe we'll be in any better shape next year, or the year after.

The real problem is Macagnan 

"And the Jets have held.  That was a big 3rd down stop, the Broncos are lining up for a long field goal, the Jets will undoubtedly use a time out here, they have all three left.  It's pretty important for them to get something before the half even a field goal, to give them some momentum heading into the second half."

tb4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

Todd Bowles thought balloon..... "I wonder what we are having for our post game meal?  I hope it is pasta and shrimp....I like shrimp....I wonder if they will put cajun spice on my shrimp again?  I liked that last time."

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The real problem is Macagnan 

well since this is not about Macc and its about the calls on the field ...I'm going to take a wild guess and say I'm not sure Macc id piped into Bowles head set telling him when to call a god damn time out.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

well since this is not about Macc and its about the calls on the field ...I'm going to take a wild guess and say I'm not sure Macc id piped into Bowles head set telling him when to call a god damn time out.

We have no talent.  Bowles sucks but this is not even an average level roster after 3 years

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

I understand the thought process of not wanting to switch coaches and systems, but this one just keeps having the same results. Keeping Bowles around just delays the inevitable. It would be insanity to expect anything new or improved from Bowles. Same boneheaded decisions, lack of ability in game..... This was his year to get a "pass" and he just keeps doing the same dumb stuff.  I am fine with firing Bowles and maybe, just maybe --- hopefully we hire a good coach that understands how to scheme towards his players strengths and understands how to make good decisions "in game". The assistants that we have, Green, Morton etc... If they are good enough then a new HC may see their value and keep them, if not then they are gone.

From the Buffalo playoff loss, playing Ridley, bad use of TOs, defense can't get off the field! I mean SERIOUSLY, our defense looks like the Saints defenses when Rob Ryan was there! 3rd & 7, CBs playing 10 yards off the ball, Simian just throws outside to the sticks, our guy comes up & pushes them out after a 9 yard play, 1st down, it's f*cking maddening! Bowles CAN'T TEACH! He's horrible! He's another Rex, needs previously TRAINED BY OTHER COACHES veterans to succeed. This GIVING UP with time on the clock before halftime is a fireable offense, plain & simple! YOU CHOSE THIS QB! If you have zero faith in the guy you wanted to bring in here than please, GO AWAY! You don't have faith in your Oline?, well you kept them! I don't think a GM reups a free agent unless everyone is in agreement that the player is worth it. Who was the coach that said Wesley Johnson is good enough? Fire him, unless he's already been fired. Did you guys see Nick Foles come in yesterday? His got a 1st down on a 4th & 4, threw the ball exactly where it needed to be. Our backup comes in & throws the ball 5 feet over an open WRs head? There were vet QBs available at the end of last year for the bench, if Petty sucks & YOU KNOW IT why was he here? 

I hate this f*cking owner, sitting in a pub eating fish & chips while we're over here watching a f*cking incompetent azz sitting our overpaid fat azz DT AGAIN for being late to practices. Look at the injuries the Giants suffered but you think they gave their azzhole coach any excuses?

Hell NO! They fired him & fired the GM too. There are NO EXCUSES in NFL football. 23-0, to a team that lost 8 straight! I told you guys this was a trap, lol (I know no games a trap with the Jets), but we actually had fans still trying to figure out how we make the playoffs, lol. We didn't even try for a FG yesterday! Under 100 yards! OMG, don't throw the ball we might have a turnover, omfg! What the f*ck is the difference than letting it rip, going on 4th down, faking a punt, using your TOs before halftime & maybe throwing a Hail Mary, than letting the clock run out, running 3 times into the line in the 4th quarter, who the f*ck cares at that point whether you lose 40-0 or 23-0? Not continuing to PLAY FOOTBALL was the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed by the organization, and its not the 1st time Bowles has done this in the 1st half! But to continue it into the 4th quarter? Like I've said before, if I owned this team I would be furious & he'd be fired today & I would stand up in that press conference & say he was fired for insubordination, I'd say he gave up, and in doing so the team gave up, showed no fight, and while I own this team, it's unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"And the Jets have held.  That was a big 3rd down stop, the Broncos are lining up for a long field goal, the Jets will undoubtedly use a time out here, they have all three left.  It's pretty important for them to get something before the half even a field goal, to give them some momentum heading into the second half."

tb4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

Todd Bowles thought balloon..... "I wonder what we are having for our post game meal?  I hope it is pasta and shrimp....I like shrimp....I wonder if they will put cajun spice on my shrimp again?  I liked that last time."

I wonder aslo what he was thinking while accepting a penalty that made it 2nd and 15 rather than a 3rd and 10 just before the field goal. that ran some much needed time off the clock as well.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I wonder aslo what he was thinking while accepting a penalty that made it 2nd and 15 rather than a 3rd and 10 just before the field goal. that ran some much needed time off the clock as well.

Well that is another one of the coaches hand book, irregardless of trying to save time, lets ignore that for a moment, if it is a 10 yard penalty take the penalty if it is a 5 yard penalty take the down.

The guy is such an utter bag of fail on so many levels.  And the irritating thing?  The people who do not actually watch this guy game in and game out (all national media) will all be felatting him at the end of the year for heroically getting a 2 win team to 5 wins and that will his starting Qb getting hurt.

29 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Anyone Notice that once again Bowles was calling the defense from mid first quarter on ? He keeps doing this over and over yet he retains Rogers as his DC.

Hey Todd, you Idiot... if you have to keep doing this in year 3 of Kacy's tenure guess what ? He still sucks just as much now as he did when you brought him in here and you suck too !! 

26 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The best sign of a bad head coach is when he takes over play calling duties. It shows he has no ability to judge coaching talent and hire a real coordinator. It reeks of him ensuring there's no one to challenge him there.

This is what you guys aren't getting: Bowles CAN'T fire Kacy. Bowles isn't a real HC that has a bunch of guys under him that he trusts to run the D while also handing off the O to Morton so he can concentrate on personnel, exploiting weaknesses and in-game strategy. Bowles is Rex 2.0, a glorified DC. Kacy is a puppet DC while Bowles runs his own defense. If Bowles, fires Kacy he would be essentially firing his own defensive scheme.

Then what? He hires a new DC that doesn't know the defense, or he admits that his own D (granted that worked in AZ) no longer works in the NFL? Does Bowles seem like the guy that says "My D isn't going to work, I'm going to bring in someone new to run an entirely different D that might"? Bowles was already forced to get rid of all the D assistant coaches to save his hide once (AKA all of the coaches he had closes ties with). 

TL;DR: If Kacy goes then Bowles should be going with him because they are the same person. 

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Have you met him?  I thought you were the guy with the "inside" on the team?  I have met him and several current and former NFL, NBA and NHL owners and he is among the nicest.  I don't know how any of that corresponds with ownership responsibility, but not a dick. 

Enjoy the Kool Aid.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

We have no talent.  Bowles sucks but this is not even an average level roster after 3 years

for the first year of a rebuild this team is on the right track with young talent. I'm sorry you can't see that since you keep bringing it up but this team is on the right path and what we need is a good call at the QB position so we can continue to grow.

Macc made an attempt to win his first few years by bringing in some vets to make one more run with some of the good vets we had in place. It looked like it might have a chance in year one when we missed the playoffs by one game. We added a few more vets to make that one last run and we failed with a bunch of slacking vets who didn't seem to give a damn. At that point Macc and the Owner decided to move on from that pipe dream and start a re build which seems to be doing nicely with some young talent exceeding expectations.

Its easily explainable why we are in the position we are in and its not just about the GM its about what the owner of this team wanted when he arrived. The players sh*t the bed as did Fitz and now we have some promising young talent to build with.

Coaches and QB's win SB's and those will be the two toughest decisions moving forward no matter what any of us think 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Macc has brought in some good young talent, Bowles however can't even make obvious amature coaching decisions while standing on the sidelines clueless.

Sorry but If I had to compare the 2, Bowles is off the charts worse and its not even close. The reason this team is winning is due to the Fact John Morton had this offense playing at a level they should not have even been close too. Its the first time in years I have seen an OC actually able to scheme players wide open and in good mismatches, the first time since Charlie Weiss to be exact.

The Biggest rap on Macc is the inability to get a franchise QB in here and the only real mistake it seems he made was not drafting Watson but there were many people not so hot on Watson. I didn't have a problem with the reach on Hack in round 2 because the Kid does have all the physical talent to be great you just had to hope he had the mental ability which just so happens to be a gamble no matter what QB is available and that's been proven over time with early first round busts  outnumbering successes by a large margin.

How Macc handles this years FA market and draft will be what keeps him here or sends him packing. Honestly I would not spend much of the Money available until this team starts to win consistently then fill some Major holes to put us over the top in the next few years. However if the team has its sights set on one of the FA QB's namely Cousins then that will take a large chunk of the cap so the task will be difficult in how Macc proceeds. 

Either way this team wont win with Bowles making decisions like he did yesterday.

i know this sounds so simple, but all mccags has to do is find a decent qb in this draft and he'll be here for a while.  for all we know this could be someone like mason rudolph in round 2, but if he's even alex smith decent that is so much better than the crap here and it will be well received.  of course, then you have the hc who doesn't know what he's doing.  

if both bowles and mccags stay, mccags should double down on his draft picks and not give bowles a mccown or fitz to play, then they'll HAVE to choose among the draft picks.  

It’s amazing how after our second straight losing season and 7th in a row with no playoffs the only guy who is going to go is Bowles.

dont get me wrong I hate Bowles.  After he decided to put our entire season in 2015 in the hands of Steve “The Flat Football Fumbling Has-Been” Ridley I lost all faith in him 

However, look at our drafts the last 3 years. No playmakers outside of Robby Anderson who wasn’t even drafted and we probably only got because he went to Temple and Bowles knew him.  Leonard Williams is a dime a dozen run stuffing DT we passed on Vic Beasley for.  Jamal Adams looks pretty average for a guy we passed on Deshaun Watson, OJ Howard, Evan Engram and Cam Robinson for.

The list of busts is as epic as Idzik or Tanny: Devin Smith, Hackenberg, Jenkins, Mauldin, Petty,  and  Ardarius Stewart can’t get on the field even though we have a patchwork wr corps

Then there are the contracts. $200 million between Mo Wilk and Revis alone. Even Fitz who no one wanted and Macagnan bid against himself for stole $20 million of money and cap room.

Do you guys even remember that our GM wanted to give Denver draft picks for Trevor freakin Siemian last offseason?

I called for Idzik to get fired three years ago.  A dud is a dud. Macagnan has got to go he cannot survive the purge

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well that is another one of the coaches hand book, irregardless of trying to save time, lets ignore that for a moment, if it is a 10 yard penalty take the penalty if it is a 5 yard penalty take the down.

The guy is such an utter bag of fail on so many levels.  And the irritating thing?  The people who do not actually watch this guy game in and game out (all national media) will all be felatting him at the end of the year for heroically getting a 2 win team to 5 wins and that will his starting Qb getting hurt.

hell they are doing it now ...ever hear some of the announcers praising Bowles ? It makes me sick to my stomach. That being said the announcers almost never bash head coaches. In other words they never go over reasons why they suck by pulling up information on all the terrible calls through out the year. Its a big fraternity of bullsh*t and in reality their are not that many really good HC's in the NFL anyway 

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i know this sounds so simple, but all mccags has to do is find a decent qb in this draft and he'll be here for a while.  for all we know this could be someone like mason rudolph in round 2, but if he's even alex smith decent that is so much better than the crap here and it will be well received.  of course, then you have the hc who doesn't know what he's doing.  

if both bowles and mccags stay, mccags should double down on his draft picks and not give bowles a mccown or fitz to play, then they'll HAVE to choose among the draft picks.  

You aren’t winning S with Alex Smith

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Enjoy the Kool Aid.

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Alex Smith?  He got like 4 coaches and GM's fired before Harbaugh and Baalke moved him to KC.

Mike Maccagnan has failed 3 years in a row to acquire a decent QB. 

The argument (from Maccagnan's POV) would be he looks like he did in the preseason and a microscope goes back on him questioning if he has any ability to evaluate the QB position in advance of an enormous NYJ offseason https://twitter.com/EyeBrowse212/status/940228217113333760 

37 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So lets say for arguments sake the Jets become a playoff caliber team in the next few years due to a talent upgrade and a QB. Do you trust a guy like Todd Bowles not to make the bone headed calls we've become so used to during a one loss and your out playoff game ?

“Imagine a fantasy world where Maccagnan suddenly becomes good at his job. Well, in this fantasy world, it is impossible that Bowles will suddenly become good at his job too.”

Archived