Just now, Philc1 said:

Macc already has demonstrated 0 ability to assess the quarterback position:

Fitz 

Petty

hackentard

McCown 

Tom Savage (with Houston)

Tried to trade for Siemian

Fitz- Record for most TD passes in JEts history. The second year and waiting so long was the problem

Petty- 4th round pick. I dont give a sh*t about that 

Hackenberg- Correct

McCown- Had solid season before getting hurt

Tom Savage- HUH?

Trading for Siemian- I dont deal in probables and Elway obviously thought well of him to make him the starter?

So of all of your points, Only 1.5 are actually legitimate

There are some people who are determined to hate Mike Maccagnan who jump on every little thing he does (SpermEdwards) and speak total garbage (Phill1C). 

Even frickin Joe Beningo, who has called for Bowles' head repeatedly, is not really ranting on Maccagnan. He has the same view that I have. Has done okay but needs to fix the QB

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Who is the 1?  Leonard Williams?  Give me a break you Homers are way too proud of a decent run staffing DT Rex got those in his sleep while he was here

Maye and McGuire look like good picks.   Maybe Adams.

Look, say you hate Mac, but he has drafted better than Idzik. 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Fitz- Record for most TD passes in JEts history. The second year and waiting so long was the problem

Petty- 4th round pick. I dont give a sh*t about that 

Hackenberg- Correct

McCown- Had solid season before getting hurt

Tom Savage- HUH?

Trading for Siemian- I dont deal in probables and Elway obviously thought well of him to make him the starter?

So of all of your points, Only 1.5 are actually legitimate

Wow you must be related to Macagnan 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

BUllsh*t. I think it's better now. We have more young talent now than we did then. Easily

Please tell me about the young talent we have at QB, #1 CB, edge rusher and those dolts we call an O line. You know? The freaking positions that actually matter.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Please tell me about the young talent we have at QB, #1 CB, edge rusher and those dolts we call an O line. You know? The freaking positions that actually matter.

It’s a process. Macagnan will figure it out in the year 2030

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

There are some people who are determined to hate Mike Maccagnan who jump on every little thing he does (SpermEdwards) and speak total garbage (Phill1C). 

Even frickin Joe Beningo, who has called for Bowles' head repeatedly, is not really ranting on Maccagnan. He has the same view that I have. Has done okay but needs to fix the QB

Beningo has said he doesn’t care if Macc stays too he focuses on Bowles because idiots like Costello, Mehta, Vachianno and Ira from Staten Island think he’s this great coach

OUr OL is young and inconsistent. That much is clear. Need a new C. Get that and I think the OL gets better as a whole

Claiborne has been a solid CB, and because of his injury history, he should be easy to bring back on a low deal

OUr OL is young and inconsistent. That much is clear. Need a new C. Get that and I think the OL gets better as a whole

Claiborne has been a solid CB, and because of his injury history, he should be easy to bring back on a low deal

The OL is bottom 5 and that is entirely on your hero Macagnan 

I think the center is awful and is the key to the whole thing. Shell and Beachum are solid tackles. The Guards' play is influenced by the center.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link

Shell and Beachum are JAGs. Watch your hero use a first round pick to replace Johnson

Our O line is statistically one of the worse in the league week in and week out. The center is just the worse of a bad group. Claiborne is solid. Year three of a GM's tenure and even you the most optimistic poster we have is trying to make up reasons to act like nothing is wrong.

Our O line is statistically one of the worse in the league week in and week out. The center is just the worse of a bad group. Claiborne is solid. Year three of a GM's tenure and even you the most optimistic poster we have is trying to make up reasons to act like nothing is wrong.

The OL is as a whole. Then I see them put up 38 points against a Chiefs team that then shut down the Raiders yesterday.

32 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Elijah McGuire?  That’s the best you can do after 3 years is a decent part time running back?

Which part of BETTER THAN IDZIK are you having trouble with?

He is better at drafting than Idzik.  That was the statement you disagreed with.   Not, "OMG best GM EVER!!"   Nope, just better than Idzik at drafting.

Exp.   I had massive diarhea (Idzik).   I took something, and now it's just kinda mushy and stinks (mac).   My new stink and soft crap is better than my disgusting marsh like crap. 

37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What one of those star players will you be buying the jersey of to cover up you hairy back?

Next Jersey I get is a Klecko.   I have my Pennington and Sanchez jerseys in the closet, no more current players.

And my back is beautiful and smooth.   I finished out the heart...

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

How did we do yesterday against a failing Denver team?

maybe it was the Vance Joseph curse?  we all know about him from 1995 when he was matched up w/ Tim Brown on that Sunday Night but as a coach?

w/ SF 2005-2010.  We played them in 2008 in what was a huge game for us led by the great Brett favre trying to keep pace in the AFC east race.  This was a week after the Bronco debacle that we thought might be a one game blip.  We lost 24-14

he then went to coach w/ Houston 2011-2013:  we had never lost to Houston in our history(were 5-0).  we lost 23-17.

w/ Miami 2016: after we swept Miami in 2015 they swept us in 2016

2017 w/ Denver they shut us out.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

What? lol. Cousins was available? When? He turned down a trade for the #1 pick? Link?

Cousins was known on the trading block. Washington was still going with RGIII in 2015 (certainly in March-April of 2015). IIRC they were looking for a late 1 when offers were 3s and low 2s (or the equivalent thereof, like offering a high 2 but the offer required the trade partner gets back Washington's 3 or something), which Washington turned down.

Washington picked up RGIII's 5th year option (for 2016) that spring, 3 days before the draft, after having named him the team's 2015 starter back in February. It's in that window when they were fielding offers for Cousins, who wasn't named their starter until Aug 31st. Don't forget Washington picked #5 in that draft, and (in Feb-March) were reported as a potential landing spot for Mariota. The timeline fits them grudgingly exercising RGIII's option after they found no takers for Cousins (or for RGIII) and realized they weren't in a position to draft Mariota.

At the time, they weren't sold on Cousins as their long-term starter. It's the reason why they named RGIII the starter before fielding offers for Cousins, and then surely fueled a lot of why Cousins/Washington have had these contract standoffs the past 2 offseasons (and counting) even after he was their starter for all of 2015. 

Archived