Who is more responsible for the Jets overachieving this year?

UnitedWhofans

Responsibility  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more responsible for the Jets overachieving this year?

• Todd Bowles
    • MIke Maccagnan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a combo of both, we are much more talented than we were given credit for entering the season and the HC has done a good job of getting this team to play hard(outside of yesterday).  I see a bigger issue w/ Bowles and the way he manages a game than w/ the GM but I expect both back.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I think it's a combo of both, we are much more talented than we were given credit for entering the season and the HC has done a good job of getting this team to play hard(outside of yesterday).  I see a bigger issue w/ Bowles and the way he manages a game than w/ the GM but I expect both back.

I agree that both should be involved, but I would like to know the main outlet.

The man acquired the players or the man who coached the players

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Did they overachieve? I mean, it takes a really bad and really unlucky team to go 1-15. Even the Browns should have 4-5 wins if a couple of balls bounce their direction.

I always thought this was a 4-5 win team

This.  The win total people were predicting was moronic.  The Jets were never tanking and were never a 1 win team.  It’s very hard to do what Cleveland is doing. 

That said, the Jets are exactly the team we expected.  sh*tty in every single phase of the game/ 

Just now, JiF said:

This.  The win total people were predicting was moronic.  The Jets were never tanking and were never a 1 win team.  It’s very hard to do what Cleveland is doing. 

That said, the Jets are exactly the team we expected.  sh*tty in every single phase of the game/ 

So they are sh*tty in every phase in the game and have 5 wins? That does not compute

And I go back to why did the media make that narrative in the first place?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

In what way is it luck?

Like the Browns trying to lose, not taking easy points where literally any other team would have. Like Powell running for a 70 yd touchdown because everyone thought he was down.

Which leaves them with 3 wins if not for those 2 lucky wins.  

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree that both should be involved, but I would like to know the main outlet.

The man acquired the players or the man who coached the players

I think they made some good staff decisions this year most notably w/ Morton at OC but I guess I'd give the edge to the GM b/c I don't trust the HC to manage a game that will really matter.  Every time we kind of get in the race the team falls flat.  2 years ago in the biggest game in Bowle's HC life and the biggest game for our team since 2010 his team came out flat and blew it against an inferior team.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Like the Browns trying to lose, not taking easy points where literally any other team would have. Like Powell running for a 70 yd touchdown because everyone thought he was down.

The Powell play isn't luck, that's just incompetence by the opponent by not playing through the whistle. 

Luck should be classified something that neither team has control over; a bounce, a call etc.) So both of your examples are not luck.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

so we call the Powell play lucky(which it was) but what about Jax's defensive TD which was a screen thrown slightly backward- that wasn't luck? or the RB falling down creating the TO to tie it moments later- not luck?

how about the bad luck of the blown replays we have had?  we could have another win or 2.

That stuff tends to even out, we have earned our 5 wins.

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Josh McCown was a 12th ranked qb. That was very unexpected . He was a very good lockeroom guy for this kids. That was expected. But Mac doesn’t get the credit. 

Well then we come down to why did McCown have an unexpected year? Was it the coach or the did the team bring in talent around him?

Just now, Philc1 said:

Dump

WTF, man?

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maccagnan signed McCown and Bowles hired Morton.

I'm not really sure what the point is. "Overachieving" this year is going to cost us a franchise QB, I'm not patting anyone on the back for going 5-11.

You do if you're expectations are 1-2 wins. People are saying these were out of bounds but why? Why were they?

Archived