Jets considering adding a QB to the practice squad

Maxman

On if they have to add a quarterback to the practice squad…

It’s something we’re talking about. We’ll have that decision by Wednesday hopefully when practice comes.

On if bringing in a quarterback is a possibility…

It’s possible, yes.

They can’t sign someone from someone else’s practice squad to our practice squad.  

Anyone the Jets signed to the ps would be out of football

Now is the time to raid other teams practice squads and put players on our active. 

Cut Forte, etc. 

Did the Jets move anyone from IR to the 53?

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

On if they have to add a quarterback to the practice squad…

It’s something we’re talking about. We’ll have that decision by Wednesday hopefully when practice comes.

On if bringing in a quarterback is a possibility…

It’s possible, yes.

Should I merge with the Jeremy Kerley thread? 

The Jets placed quarterback Josh McCown on Injured Reserve and promoted running back Akeem Judd to the active roster. The Green & White also signed running back Jahad Thomas and quarterback Joel Stave to the practice squad.

McCown broke his left hand in the third quarter against the Broncos Sunday. Through 14 games, the 38-year-old threw for 2,926 yards, 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions. His 67.3% completion percentage ranks third in the NFL. McCown also rushed for five scores, which is tied for first among quarterbacks.

Judd signed to the Jets’ practice squad Oct. 24 after the Titans released him. The Ole Miss product originally joined Tennessee as a 2017 undrafted free agent and spent the preseason there before injuring his thumb. The 5’10”, 225-pounder started 24 games for the Rebels and rushed for 1,251 yards and nine touchdowns with an average of 5.2 yards a carry.

8 hours ago, varjet said:

They can’t sign someone from someone else’s practice squad to our practice squad.  

Anyone the Jets signed to the ps would be out of football

Now is the time to raid other teams practice squads and put players on our active. 

Cut Forte, etc. 

Did the Jets move anyone from IR to the 53?

I agree with this. I don't what QBs there are out there on NFL practice squads right now, but I'd find the one I liked the best in college and sign him to the regular roster. Look under every rock, that sorta thing. 

Archived