southtown24th

38 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Better start pulling for:

Denver

Cinci

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Houston

Need to get into the top 8 picks...that's the goal.

Denver, Bengals, Bears and Texans could all end up at 5-8. Bucs remaining schedule is brutal. Also Miami is no lock to improve. They are at 5-7 and play Pats, Chiefs and Bills twice. Not good. Terrible tiebreaker system will screw us over.

43 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Denver

Cinci

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Houston

We are pick 11. I'd love to get as high of a pick as possible but I wouldn't mind the Giants dropping to #3 or Cleveland looking to trade out of #1

It’s amazing how one week, we talk about how to sneak into the playoffs, and then the next week we talk about how we wanna get the higher draft pick. Only Jets. Not good enough to compete, not bad enough to draft a stud QB. **** you Peyton manning for staying an extra year in college!!

30 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Should have started Petty and gone 2-14.  Idiots.

Idiot is not a nice word. ? I was once called an idiot by a client while I was a counselor in a drug rehab. I didn’t take it personally since I told him ‘well get the **** out if you don’t want to be here. If You think I’m an idiot and you’re sitting here, what does that make you?’ Try nincompoop. It’s less aggressive. ?

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

It’s amazing how one week, we talk about how to sneak into the playoffs, and then the next week we talk about how we wanna get the higher draft pick. Only Jets. Not good enough to compete, not bad enough to draft a stud QB. **** you Peyton manning for staying an extra year in college!!

Not only Jets. Half the league. It is more about the mediocrity of the entire league outside of a few top teams that up until this week almost everyone was still in theplayoff hunt.

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

I don't know a single level headed JETS fan that though we would make the playoffs before the Denver game. We are going to lose to the Saints even with McCown, and I think the Cargers win too. Fans should have seen the matchup with Denver as a "bad" matchup. There Defense matched up well with our Offense and had us beat on the Line. D-backs were going to give us problems and it played out that way. I didn't think we would get shut out and Bowles would cower with his tail between his legs in the 2nd quarter. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

I don't know a single level headed JETS fan that though we would make the playoffs before the Denver game. We are going to lose to the Saints even with McCown, and I think the Cargers win too. Fans should have seen the matchup with Denver as a "bad" matchup. There Defense matched up well with our Offense and had us beat on the Line. D-backs were going to give us problems and it played out that way. I didn't think we would get shut out and Bowles would cower with his tail between his legs in the 2nd quarter. 

Yeah, I was going to say...no one was talking about making the playoffs...that's flat out absurdity.  We were tanking from beginning to end this season and we did a ******* sh*tty job of it.  A sh*tty job.

11 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Yes. This.

2-14 would still put us at the 3rd pick, still out of range for Rosen or Darnold. Yes we wouldn't have to trade up for Mayfield then but I also think if we did manage to be that bad we'd likely say we need to spend big time money on WR and TE when that really isn't the case. 

I'm genuinely surprised how many people think starting Petty or Hack would have lead to the same results we got out of Kearse, ASJ and Anderson.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

How are there 9 teams worse than us? Almost seems impossible. The good news is we're definitley going to lose the last three games. Hopefully 5-11 gets us close to top 5.

Looking at the schedule, I think the best we can hope for is 7th. I don't see us picking any higher than that

Just now, King P said:

Looking at the schedule, I think the best we can hope for is 7th. I don't see us picking any higher than that

At last count, there looked like 4 1st round QBs available, 7th might be good enough to get one. If not, trading up to 4th or 5th would be and hopefully not too expensive.

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Don't really matter much anymore, if we're #10, #12, #9 or even #15... We need to trade up.

I suspect CHI and SF will be popular targets. If we stay put, teams like BUF ARZ and WSH will all consider jumping ahead of us  

Trade up? Yes. But trading up from 8 to 3 is MUCH easier than trading up from 15-3. We need the Pats to need to win week 17. 

Trade up? Yes. But trading up from 8 to 3 is MUCH easier than trading up from 15-3. We need the Pats to need to win week 17. 

Totally. And I️ don’t think winning any more games is necessarily a good idea. I️m just underlining the fundamental point that looking at at position in the draft relative to who will be there is pointless. We’re moving up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are very happy to get Minakh, we never thought he would be there at 10.  We had him in our top 3 players in the draft!

We feel he can do for use what Marshon Lattimore did the Saints this past year.

Jets should have drafted Lattimore, and then pair Maye with Derwin James!  Minkah is a Safety in the NFL who can’t cover.

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Jets should have drafted Lattimore, and then pair Maye with Derwin James!  Minkah is a Safety in the NFL who can’t cover.

Jets should have traded down and picked Tre'Davious White and had another 1st round pick for this coming year.

12 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Denver

Cinci

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Houston

Why?

We'll pick where we pick, we'll get who we get.

Getting emotional over it will not change it.

*If the team that picks before us picks Baker Mayfield, I admit, I'll be a little disappointed.

14 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Denver

Cinci

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Houston

Unless someone trades with Chicago, Tampa, and Houston, it won't matter.  Those teams are not taking a QB.  It could be debatable that Cincy would pick one as well, but you never know.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why?

We'll pick where we pick, we'll get who we get.

Getting emotional over it will not change it.

*If the team that picks before us picks Baker Mayfield, I admit, I'll be a little disappointed.

Why "root for the Jets"? Same ******* principle applies. Nice one.

5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Unless someone trades with Chicago, Tampa, and Houston, it won't matter.  Those teams are not taking a QB.  It could be debatable that Cincy would pick one as well, but you never know.

The reason I am pulling for them is so that they compile wins and we move down/up the draft board closer to #1. That's why Hal. Thanks for asking.

Archived