Another reckoning

Jetster

One thing I love about the NFL is that you can fool the fans once but you can't fool the fans twice. This season is just a repeat of every season under Todd Bowles. A few surprises, a bunch of leads blown, a lot of WTF moments, another player questioning practice habits, another overpaid player exposed. And what's the best thing that can happen to expose this poser coach even more?

How about another game on the road. Jets have 4 wins on the road in almost 2 years. Two wins vs the 2-28 Browns, vs a 5-24 Forty Niner team, and 1 vs the Bills in the 2nd game of the 2016 season. 

Im sorry I started another thread but this really isn't about Bowles, anyone that thinks this guy has learned anything from his 1st game in 2015 up to that sh*tshow you saw last week your not watching the games. 

This is about organizations that ignore their continual failures, hire the wrong people over & over, sit back and accept complete mediocrity, hold no one accountable DURING the season, and question nothing. 

During every really bad season the NY Jets reach an apex of suckitude and this coming Sunday it will be on display. Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnon are f*cking dreading this weeks game. You thought last weeks game was ugly, strap yourself into seats, sit back & watch what happens when this slapd*ck coach and his band of misfit football players go on the road vs a team fighting for their playoff lives that have an innovative coach, an MVP QB, top notch draft picks, 2 stud RBs, a rebuilt defense with a great rookie CB, and a true home field advantage. 

I told everyone here that I was boycotting the Jets but fortunately for me the stars have aligned and my top fantasy players have drawn my Jet team at home in my fantasy football semi finals. Yup, my QB is Drew Brees, my RB is Alvin Kamara, and I've put in a waiver wire pickup for the Saints defense. Talk about a win-win-win! I get to cheer for my fantasy players to kick my teams azz, embarrass the Jets front office & owner, and move us closer to getting a future QB. Hopefully it will be the best Sunday of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

One thing I love about the NFL is that you can fool the fans once but you can't fool the fans twice. This season is just a repeat of every season under Todd Bowles. A few surprises, a bunch of leads blown, a lot of WTF moments, another player questioning practice habits, another overpaid player exposed. And what's the best thing that can happen to expose this poser coach even more?

How about another game on the road. Jets have 4 wins on the road in almost 2 years. Two wins vs the 2-28 Browns, vs a 5-24 Forty Niner team, and 1 vs the Bills in the 2nd game of the 2016 season. 

Im sorry I started another thread but this really isn't about Bowles, anyone that thinks this guy has learned anything from his 1st game in 2015 up to that sh*tshow you saw last week your not watching the games. 

This is about organizations that ignore their continual failures, hire the wrong people over & over, sit back and accept complete mediocrity, hold no one accountable DURING the season, and question nothing. 

During every really bad season the NY Jets reach an apex of suckitude and this coming Sunday it will be on display. Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnon are f*cking dreading this weeks game. You thought last weeks game was ugly, strap yourself into seats, sit back & watch what happens when this slapd*ck coach and his band of misfit football players go on the road vs a team fighting for their playoff lives that have an innovative coach, an MVP QB, top notch draft picks, 2 stud RBs, a rebuilt defense with a great rookie CB, and a true home field advantage. 

I told everyone here that I was boycotting the Jets but fortunately for me the stars have aligned and my top fantasy players have drawn my Jet team at home in my fantasy football semi finals. Yup, my QB is Drew Brees, my RB is Alvin Kamara, and I've put in a waiver wire pickup for the Saints defense. Talk about a win-win-win! I get to cheer for my fantasy players to kick my teams azz, embarrass the Jets front office & owner, and move us closer to getting a future QB. Hopefully it will be the best Sunday of the season. 

I know the Saints very well.. they really aren’t that special. They turned it around, yeah but that defense still gives up a lot of plays and Brees is Brees but he has been less Brees than years before and Ingram shows up when he wants to. I’m just saying..but I agree with everything else. 

1 hour ago, Hitman Harris said:

I hope Westy wins him a ring 

Jets are going to face a coach in Westhoff who knows their personnel, scheme and tendencies as well as anyone at Florham Park. This Sunday has the potential to be an unprecedented embarrassment. 

32 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

the only way bowles gets canned is if the Jets don't score the rest of the season.   

Morton would get blamed for hat and Bowles would be lauded for his poor tired defense only giving up 25 points a game when the o can't do a thing.

51 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

the only way bowles gets canned is if the Jets don't score the rest of the season.   

This is actually quite possible! But if they don’t score next week, he’ll put Powell in and run the HB thingy all game and they’ll squeak out a few FG’s. Nice try though!

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know the Saints very well.. they really aren’t that special. They turned it around, yeah but that defense still gives up a lot of plays and Brees is Brees but he has been less Brees than years before and Ingram shows up when he wants to. I’m just saying..but I agree with everything else. 

Saints have always been a so so road team. Plus they played the Falcons without Kamara who was slicing & dicing the Falcons, he had 5 fantasy points IN THE 1ST SERIES before he got hurt.

This is a HORRIBLE matchup for the Jets. If the Jets do the Jets road thingy which is they never show up in the 1st quarter, OMG, this is gonna get ugly. Loud stadium, a stud pass rusher (Cameron), a stud CB (Lattimore), a great running game, a great play action passer, a coach (Westhoff that knows the Jets inside out), a team coming off a tough loss, facing a back up QB who up until now cant hit the side of a barn in a real NFL game, playing behind a below average oline, most likely from a large deficit & the Saints know they have to pass, and the Saints & Payton are not a team likely to take their foot off the gas, they like putting on a show for the home folks. UGLY MATCHUP!

It would be poetic justice if Petty, a QB that Bowles clearly didn't want any part of, plays so poorly the last 3 games and ends the season on such a lousy note that the stench of his ineffectiveness leaves such a bad taste in the owners mouth that it gets Bowles fired. 

I for one, would smile from ear to ear if this happened.  Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

It would be poetic justice if Petty, a QB that Bowles clearly didn't want any part of, plays so poorly the last 3 games and ends the season on such a lousy note that the stench of his ineffectiveness leaves such a bad taste in the owners mouth that it gets Bowles fired. 

I for one, would smile from ear to ear if this happened.  Fingers crossed.

What would be even better is if Petty lights it up & bowles' "D" blows All 3 remaining games.

22 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I've always loved routing for the underdog. Go Jets. Kick some ass. 

Good luck with that this Sunday. We gave up 429 yards to Kizer & his back up, lol. Too bad Gordon was still suspended for that game, we would be in striking distance of a top 3 QB.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I'm just curious. Imagine you have to bet $10,000 on this upcoming game Saints vs Jets. How many points would you feel comfortable with taking the Jets & the points? and try to be completely realistic.

I think the line is like 16 points.

Will the Jets get their ground game off the ground?

Will the defense play like they played the Bills?

Will the Defense show up at all?

Will the O-line show up and open some holes to run through?

Will they give Petty more than 2 seconds to pass? 

Will the Jets finally play a good road game?

IF I could say yes to at least 3 of the above questions, I'd take the Jets and the points. 

I'm just curious. Imagine you have to bet $10,000 on this upcoming game Saints vs Jets. How many points would you feel comfortable with taking the Jets & the points? and try to be completely realistic.

The Cardinal Rule of being a Jet Fan: NEVER EVER BET ON THE JETS.

I keep the 10 grand and run like a MuthaF%&*

10,000 points

21 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Cardinal Rule of being a Jet Fan: NEVER EVER BET ON THE JETS.

I keep the 10 grand and run like a MuthaF%&*

I'd counter that by saying never bet against the Jets either....They win when they're not supposed to and lose when they are not supposed to all the time.

2 minutes ago, pajet said:

I'd counter that by saying never bet against the Jets either....They win when they're not supposed to and lose when they are not supposed to all the time.

We're talking about covering the spread here guy. 1-4-1 as road dogs. NEVER BET ON THE JETS

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

We're talking about covering the spread here guy. 1-4-1 as road dogs. NEVER BET ON THE JETS

Agree I think we are on the same page....what I am saying is I would never bet on or against the Jets in any situation because they historically do the unexpected good or bad.  

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

Jets are going to face a coach in Westhoff who knows their personnel, scheme and tendencies as well as anyone at Florham Park. This Sunday has the potential to be an unprecedented embarrassment. 

Please , any coach worth their pay knows an opponents schemes and tendencies. There are some here who think Westhoff walks on water, if he's so good why was he never an NFL HC ??

Archived