Would you be okay if Mac doubled down on QB's in the draft?

JetFreak89

Would you be okay if Mac doubled down on QB's in the draft?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario would you support?

• Yes, regardless of which draft picks they are (we took two friggen safety's back to back last year, let's get this position done).
    • Yes, but only if we miss out on the Top 3 QB's (Darnold, Rosen, Allen for sake of argument); like our 1st or 2a pick and a 3rd/4th rounder eg. a Mayfield/Falk combo or a Jackson/Stidham scenario.
    • No, we have too many other holes to devote two picks to the position (plus Mac has barely shown he can scout 1 QB much less 2).

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Drafting 2 safeties in the first 2 rounds was an asinine mistake

Mac has no idea how to evaluate qbs so good point we would end up with another Petty and Hackentard 

Hack has to play at least two games. If he is that bad after two full years of prep, mac should be fired. He shouldn’t be allowed to hide his high pick mistake on the practice squad for two straight seasons

22 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hack has to play at least two games. If he is that bad after two full years of prep, mac should be fired. He shouldn’t be allowed to hide his high pick mistake on the practice squad for two straight seasons

Hack is that bad and they are hiding him

And yes Macagnan should be following Bowles to the unemployment line in 3 weeks but won’t because our ownership is sleeping

22 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You don't fire a GM for whiffing on one 2nd round pick.  You fire him for systematically failing to acquire talent with the picks and trade resources he has access to.  Every GM has mistakes as big or bigger than Hack at some point.  Even the great ones.  Ozzie Newsome took Kyle Boller in the 1st round once for example.  

Having said that, Macc is not a strong drafter as he seems happy to take the BPA in his slot but doesn't seem willing enough to move around to get the guy that will most help the team.  He has had some ups and downs with trades and FA pickups.  Sheldon for Kearse and a 2 was a great trade.  Claiborne was a very good pickup.  Ditching Pryor for Davis worked out very well also.  There are some eggs to offset these, but overall, I think he's done a decent job in his non-draft roster moves.  The downside in this area is he doesn't seem to have any urgency towards improving the OL and that hurts the entire offense in ways you can't hide with other moves.

I'm on the fence with regard to dumping Macc.  I wouldn't be sad to see him go if we got someone we think would be better, but I'd be just as happy if we had good talent in the scouting area that could help him draft better.  Bowles on the other hand...can't go soon enough.

27 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You don't fire a GM for whiffing on one 2nd round pick.  You fire him for systematically failing to acquire talent with the picks and trade resources he has access to.  Every GM has mistakes as big or bigger than Hack at some point.  Even the great ones.  Ozzie Newsome took Kyle Boller in the 1st round once for example.  

Having said that, Macc is not a strong drafter as he seems happy to take the BPA in his slot but doesn't seem willing enough to move around to get the guy that will most help the team.  He has had some ups and downs with trades and FA pickups.  Sheldon for Kearse and a 2 was a great trade.  Claiborne was a very good pickup.  Ditching Pryor for Davis worked out very well also.  There are some eggs to offset these, but overall, I think he's done a decent job in his non-draft roster moves.  The downside in this area is he doesn't seem to have any urgency towards improving the OL and that hurts the entire offense in ways you can't hide with other moves.

I'm on the fence with regard to dumping Macc.  I wouldn't be sad to see him go if we got someone we think would be better, but I'd be just as happy if we had good talent in the scouting area that could help him draft better.  Bowles on the other hand...can't go soon enough.

Of course I wouldn’t fire him just for whiffing on a 2nd round qb. We all know mac is not the best gm and has made many mistakes other than hack pick. The arrogance he has to hide hackenberg to save himself the public embarrassment is a weak and cowardly move. At least show you have balls and put the kid in at the end of a wash yr. What difference would it make if we are letting him go anyway ? I’m trying to figure out that motive. Is he that arrogant he believes by hiding him on the bench and not letting other team gms see how bad he is, will allow him to flip hack for a 6th round draft pick ? But will get nothing if gms see how bad he is ? Ha 

20 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I don't think they can double down in this draft unless we see some positives from petty or hack before the end of the season. They have to have some type of veteran who they have some sort of faith in just in case we start winning games early next season.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

OMFG another 5-11 season with McCown yay!

Doesn’t matter if Macc takes one QB or 7 in this draft.  If he keeps drafting QBs based on prototypical size over accuracy, then we are just throwing away draft picks.  Similar to the wasted picks on Taj Boyd and McElroy.

If you are looking for a starting QB for 2018, you better be picking in the top 2.

If you are looking to develop a back up QB, then you can wait.  U fortunately, we have had back ups starting at QB for 9 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 10:56 AM, SouthernJet said:

I could see a guy at 6 and maybe a 'flyer' they think is a stud in Rds 4-6. I doubt Rd1&2. That is like saying we dont think Rd 1 is THE GUY, whch he is if you take him w/6th pick (I mean in reference to Bowles/Macs jobs)

sam-darnold-jets.jpg

who took his jersey  ? 

Archived