Jets Prepared to Pass on Kerley Return?

JetNation

IMG_7825.jpg

Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley has completed his four-game suspension stemming from a PED violation that had him inactive for each of the past four weeks.  Now due back, it appears Kerley’s return is not a sure thing.

“He can technically be invited back this week.  There’s still some things we have to talk about though” was the response given by head coach Todd Bowles when asked about Kerley’s return.  Given the recent improved play of rookie receiver Chad Hansen, it’s possible that some inside 1 Jets Drive would like to allow Hansen to continue to make strides as a slot receiver in place of Kerley.

Kerley has 22 receptions for 217 yards and a touchdown on the season.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
wKnlJS2WZPs

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Should’ve never bothered in the first place.

It was such an idiotic move. Nothing against Kerley because he came in and actually played pretty well. I believe at one point McCown was a perfect 17/17 when targeting Kerley but we invested a 3rd and a 4th round pick in receivers. Give these guys playing time. Practice can make you better, but I also believe playing in a real game with unfamiliar opponents will improve you as a player. All our draft picks should get an increase in playing time for the remainder of the year. 

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

It was such an idiotic move. Nothing against Kerley because he came in and actually played pretty well. I believe at one point McCown was a perfect 17/17 when targeting Kerley but we invested a 3rd and a 4th round pick in receivers. Give these guys playing time. Practice can make you better, but I also believe playing in a real game with unfamiliar opponents will improve you as a player. All our draft picks should get an increase in playing time for the remainder of the year. 

Bowles will put them all in on the last game with 32 seconds left and the QB will take a knee. Then he’ll tell the media I wanted to make sure they get some in game action.

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

+1

It was stupid to add him, particularly after they knew they were going with McCown at QB.

not sure i get your logic on this one.  to me he seems like the ideal guy for mccown.  he has really good hands and gets open in the short game.  he didn't cost much either.  but he did take playing time when hansen or stewart needed to play.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

not sure i get your logic on this one.  to me he seems like the ideal guy for mccown.  he has really good hands and gets open in the short game.  he didn't cost much either.  but he did take playing time when hansen or stewart needed to play.

Why should I care who was an ideal guy for McMentor, who shouldn't have been on the roster in the first place?

Then once that decision was made - particularly with him starting - the only benefit to McMentor starting would be to have a more reliable QB to get live reps for younger WRs who make plenty of mistakes themselves. A never-was has-been QB, throwing to a never-was/never-will-be WR, on a team that isn't a contender anyway, IMO is a waste of time and live reps. 

Jeremy Kerley - WR -  Jets

Jets placed WR Jeremy Kerley on the roster exemption list.

The Jets can keep Kerley on the exempt list until Monday at 4 PM ET. Kerley just served a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on PEDs. Even if he's activated, Kerley won't have much fantasy appeal as the No. 3 receiving option (at best) in an offense led by Bryce Petty.

Source: Newsday 
Dec 13 - 7:27 PM

Kerley placed on Jets’ roster exception list

Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley tries to avoid

Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley tries to avoid Patriots cornerback Jonathan Jones at MetLife Stadium on Oct. 15, 2017. Photo Credit: Lee S. Weissman 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley was placed on the roster exception list after serving his four-game suspension for violation of the NFL performance enhancing drugs policy.

The Jets can keep Kerley on the list until Monday at 4 p.m. 

Todd Bowles said the team continues to discuss what to do with Kerley, who was the Jets’ No. 3 receiver and main punt returner.

Kerley stayed in Texas during his suspension and said he became a dad 24/7. 

When his suspension was announced, Kerley said he would investigate how a supplement he took was tainted.

“I ain’t got time to investigate it, and it is what it is, I’m back now,” Kerley said after Wednesday’s practice.

When asked did he knowingly take an illegal substance, he said, “No, I didn’t knowingly take it. If I knew exactly what it was, I probably would have known the consequences behind it. So I probably wouldn’t have [taken] it. It’s in the wind now, I can’t do nothing about it now. I can do something moving forward. It’s in the past. Learn from it, move on.”

To a follow-up question about possibly taking a tainted supplement, Kerley said, “I don’t know, a lot of ghosts around here. Ghost put it in my [supplement]. You know, the ghost of Christmas past.”

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Kerley placed on Jets’ roster exception list

To a follow-up question about possibly taking a tainted supplement, Kerley said, “I don’t know, a lot of ghosts around here. Ghost put it in my [supplement]. You know, the ghost of Christmas past.”

Someone in the Jets' Staff SABOTAGED Kerley's drink? :jawdrop:

Archived