Jets add Briusing Back to Active Roster With Powell, Forte Dinged up

JetNation

Last week, running back Elijah McGuire was taken out of the Jets 23-0 loss against the Broncos when he injured his ankle on the first play of the game.  It appears McGuire is fine as he doesn’t appear on the team’s injury report, but Matt Forte and Bilal Powell do with knee and hamstring issues respectively.

With that being the case, the Jets have added rookie running back Akeem Judd to their active roster.

A physical down hill runner at 5′ 10” 225, Judd is a power back out of Mississippi played two seasons for the Running Rebels, carrying the ball 242 times for 1,251 yards (5.2 YPC) and 9 touchdowns.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
4f6Qzt5hmmQ

Click here to read the full story...

Petty needs excuses; why?

The Jets are an awful team that hasn’t properly developed a QB in over two decades and that is somehow Bryce Petty’s fault?

Come on now; we are all homers, but let’s not get ridiculous.   

There is a reason why the Pats can put a third sting QB out there and they still are respectable and isn’t all chance.  

Petty excuses aside Powell is always hurt Forte is always hurt and wont be on the team next year we need a real back in this upcoming draft that can take over and then use McGuire as a secondary back/change of pace type guy to get those 10-15 touches a game. 

I think McGuire can be a really good back but the way hes being used takes any momentum he gains away. Also a great back will take so much pressure off a QB drafted or what the **** ever we trot out there next year

43 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Petty excuses aside Powell is always hurt Forte is always hurt and wont be on the team next year we need a real back in this upcoming draft that can take over and then use McGuire as a secondary back/change of pace type guy to get those 10-15 touches a game. 

I think McGuire can be a really good back but the way hes being used takes any momentum he gains away. Also a great back will take so much pressure off a QB drafted or what the **** ever we trot out there next year

I'd cut both Forte and Powell next year and draft a RB in the later rounds. Supposed to be pretty good depth again this year. There's no need to have McGuire and Powell, use that money somewhere else. 

12 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd cut both Forte and Powell next year and draft a RB in the later rounds. Supposed to be pretty good depth again this year. There's no need to have McGuire and Powell, use that money somewhere else. 

The Jets rarely draft backs.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In the 6th round with limited athletic upside. Believe the only back before him was Powell in 2012. Rounds 2-5 are the sweet spot for backs.

Still counts. But why look at anything before 2015 when this regime got here? 

Either way, I think there should be some good ones again this year that we should look at. 

Archived