Browns Steal G Geoff Gray from our practice squad

jetsrule128

How the hell can we have someone on the practice squad that another team would want enough to put on there roster?  Who do we have on our roster that could not have been cut?

Clevland hires a new GM who has a good reputation and his first move is to review practice squads and he can tell we have a guard talented enough to be on his roster but our idiot coach did not want to play anyone that is not a vet

10 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

Well we almost got through the year without anybody getting stolen but G Geoff Gray has been stolen by the browns. 

Good luck to him but he should have stayed with the Jets 

Ah, tartar sauce.

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Always call them Guh eeee offff it ticks them off.

LOL But I’ll also be laughing and crying when Guuu eee offf makes Smurf Lee a permanent part of the turf and maintenance will need to be called in with shovels to dig him out. Spill on aisle 33. Watch your step. 

Gray said he doesn’t believe there was a week when the Jets came close to signing him to the 53-man roster.

“They had a fairly good year in terms of O-line health. There was never really a time where we were short of numbers because of injury,” he said. “I was used all over the line. Guard, tackle. Left, right. Wherever. I rotated around. It’s always good to be versatile.

“The Jets had a definite interest in me making their 53-man roster in the future.”

The Browns beat them to the punch.

“It’s definitely turned out about as well as I could have hoped, so I can’t really complain about anything,” Gray said Thursday night, from Browns headquarters in suburban Berea, Ohio.

Just because he’s on Cleveland’s 53-man roster doesn’t mean he’ll automatically play in any of the team’s final three games.

NFL clubs may suit up only 46 players on game day; he’ll likely be among the seven who sit out Sunday’s home finale against the Baltimore Ravens, and probably again at Chicago on Christmas Eve and at Pittsburgh on New Year’s Eve.

“I didn’t sign here to fill a need for this week,” Gray said. “Their interest in me is long-term — development for next season. It would be fantastic to dress for a game, though.

“Any little bit more of experience can’t hurt. But it’s not like I’m being rushed into service for this week, or anything like that. It’s an extremely good situation for everyone involved. I can only see that as a positive for my case. It’s a head start on next year.”

On 12/14/2017 at 1:52 AM, BigO said:

LOL But I’ll also be laughing and crying when Guuu eee offf makes Smurf Lee a permanent part of the turf and maintenance will need to be called in with shovels to dig him out. Spill on aisle 33. Watch your step. 

Aisle 33? Thats a big store.

On December 14, 2017 at 2:52 AM, BigO said:

Wow.  A 270 pound guy blocked a 230 pound guy.  That's unheard of.

Although this is not a move of tremendous consequence, it smells like a potentially good move by the Browns and a loss to the Jets.

I think if you summarize the history of GMs, can you list the GMs who built strong OLs in one column, and those who did not in the other.  The ones in the latter tend to lose their jobs.  

Mac and the Texans appear to not think the OL is worth significant investment.  

I watched a video at the gym this weekend of the last Giants Super Bowl teams-Snee, O'Hara, Diehl, McKenzie.  Jerry Reese really dropped that ball.

Archived