Bowles want Petty to fail?

Joe Jets fan

So you would have to think Bowles wants Petty to crap the bed in these next three games.  It would show he was right all along and he could tell Chris that his record would have been better if HIS QB had not gotten hurt.  

If Petty plays well then Bowles can be questioned why he had a young QB that can play on his bench while he played a 38 year old journey men QB. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So you would have to think Bowles wants Petty to crap the bed in these next three games.  It would show he was right all along and he could tell Chris that his record would have been better if HIS QB had not gotten hurt.  

If Petty plays well then Bowles can be questioned why he had a young QB that can play on his bench while he played a 38 year old journey men QB. 

? I think when we see how bad petty is once again, both should go for playing a good qb over a perfect tank qb like petty 

5 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

No, McCown was very efficient so there was no reason to change QBs. 

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

No, McCown was very efficient so there was no reason to change QBs. 

Efficient enough to put us on that losing streak and virtually ended our season. And I don’t wanna hear anything about how we were still alive. I ran over a cat once on accident..it was still alive..but then again, it wasn’t. Same concept. Bowles fell In love with the unexpected successful run of 4 wins prior to the KC game.. he and completely forgot the main goal..SEE WHAT YOU HAVE. It was disgustingly selfish to keep McCown in after he clearly couldn’t handle being out there hurt. Petty completes the first two passs and you want to **** his rhythm up by taking him out the same exact drive? Bowles is clueless how to actually head coach a team. He lost sight of what needed to be figured out...because the Jets were relevant in a really mediocre manner .Lol they didn’t lose out so that means keep starting  josh??

Competitive the entire season..whoopdie ******* do!

you knew what position this team was in. You knew what had to be discovered THIS season. You knew the plan before hand. **** You bowles.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

no coach who spent the whole year trying to win to save his job even at the cost of playing younger players will suddenly hope his qb will suck rocks so he can lose JUST to prove a point. 

boy, we will try to come up with anything to hate this man

Probably, it has been a problem with this franchise for a loooong time - coaches unwilling to make up plans and plays that really let’s the QB talent on this roster shine. Every week players are given the Losing Gameplan and Playbook, complete with bad play calls, despite begging for the good stuff. 

This cycle needs to end. 

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

No offense, but what are you talking about? If Petty looks bad, the team will  lose. If the team loses games, his chances of keeping his job drops. 

You honestly think he is rooting for the team he is coaching to lose? If Petty plays well he can just say that mccown was better and that the time Petty was on the bench allowed him to develop or some other BS. 

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Probably, it has been a problem with this franchise for a loooong time - coaches unwilling to make up plans and plays that really let’s the QB talent on this roster shine. Every week players are given the Losing Gameplan and Playbook, complete with bad play calls, despite begging for the good stuff. 

This cycle needs to end. 

this seems like an insignificant deal, petty and possibly hack playing now, but it very well may influence what the johnsons do after the season.  they have to be aware that bowles thinks petty wasn't worth playing all year, so if he starts scoring tds with this ragtag offensive cast, bowles loses credibility even as his team succeeds.  if petty sucks, oh well, he was only a 4th rounder.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this seems like an insignificant deal, petty and possibly hack playing now, but it very well may influence what the johnsons do after the season.  they have to be aware that bowles thinks petty wasn't worth playing all year, so if he starts scoring tds with this ragtag offensive cast, bowles loses credibility even as his team succeeds.  if petty sucks, oh well, he was only a 4th rounder.  

I like it. Damn Bowles if he doesn’t and damn him even harder if he does because HE TOLD US THROUGH SOME LANGUAGE that he wouldn’t. 

Gonna say it strait out, I don't think Bowles likes Petty, nor do I think Bowles wan'ts to be "shown up" or made to look foolish if Petty plays really well.

Would that rise to Bowles torpedo'ing Petty?  Nope. 

Because Bowles just needs to be Bowles to help Petty fail, i.e. an ultra-conservative, run-first, run-second, short-pass, punt offense. 

Petty is probably a JAG.  He'll probably wind up a #3 someplace else. 

But he'll never get a truly fair shake to show what he is (or isn't) under a Bowles-led Offense.  

37 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

no coach who spent the whole year trying to win to save his job even at the cost of playing younger players will suddenly hope his qb will suck rocks so he can lose JUST to prove a point. 

So many things to hate him for that there really isn’t a need to come up with anything.

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I like it. Damn Bowles if he doesn’t and damn him even harder if he does because HE TOLD US THROUGH SOME LANGUAGE that he wouldn’t. 

in an odd way, he painted himself into a corner with this issue.  if his team gets shut out again, it looks awful for him.  if petty plays well and they win or score a lot of points, morton will probably get the lions share of the credit.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

I honestly believe management has already made up their minds about whether or not to keep the coach. I don't think anything Petty does in the next three weeks will have bearing on that whatsoever.

On the contrary, Petty comes out and throws for 300+ Yards and 3 TD's all three weeks?  Yeah, someone's head rolls.

Not likely, of course.  Especially with this Head Coach who coaches for the 3-0 win.

Tell you what

Petty comes out and plays pretty well the next 3 weeks, people are going to go ape sh** on Bowles.  Because you still won't know what you have with Petty, but you wasted a season by not finding out.  And, Bowles had better let him play, don't go run, run, 3rd and 7 for the first 8 drives.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gonna say it strait out, I don't think Bowles likes Petty, nor do I think Bowles wan'ts to be "shown up" or made to look foolish if Petty plays really well.

Would that rise to Bowles torpedo'ing Petty?  Nope. 

Because Bowles just needs to be Bowles to help Petty fail, i.e. an ultra-conservative, run-first, run-second, short-pass, punt offense. 

Petty is probably a JAG.  He'll probably wind up a #3 someplace else. 

But he'll never get a truly fair shake to show what he is (or isn't) under a Bowles-led Offense.  

Probably true.   This season would have been a good time to find out, rather than just wasting a roster spot for several years.

I was resigned to this being a crap year.   If Bowles had played the young QB the first 6 weeks, and he sucked, people wouldn't be all over him.  He'd have the best excuse, "I wanted to see what we had at QB."  Instead, the team isn't good, and NOW you try to see if you have anything, and only because your starter broke his hand.

I like McCown, everything he stands for.   But he what he is, a 38 year old journeyman, who is the ideal backup while you break in a young QB.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No offense, but what are you talking about? If Petty looks bad, the team will  lose. If the team loses games, his chances of keeping his job drops. 

You honestly think he is rooting for the team he is coaching to lose? If Petty plays well he can just say that mccown was better and that the time Petty was on the bench allowed him to develop or some other BS. 

You can’t see the point if Petty plays great then it makes him look bad??     Well then I can’t help you. 

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Tell you what

Petty comes out and plays pretty well the next 3 weeks, people are going to go ape sh** on Bowles.  Because you still won't know what you have with Petty, but you wasted a season by not finding out.  And, Bowles had better let him play, don't go run, run, 3rd and 7 for the first 8 drives.

This is the key...

Despite what some try to imply Bowles is not an idiot, he knows what is going down and he knows that if Petty plays well, in no small order that will reflect poorly on him. Folks have to remember that Petty hasn't had any first team reps all season, all season! 

That is not what you do to a guy you think has any future whatsoever in the NFL and if Bowles was wrong about that he should be held fully accountable.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

His actions last game would be 100% counter to what you just said.  The plays before the half and the handing off into the line at the end for all the world indicated he was not doing what was in the best interests of this team.

He is an AWFUL coach that actually deserves way more grief that he is getting.  The press is not holding his feet to the fire and the national media thing he is just great.

As usual with this team the fans see the truth a good two years before anyone else does it seems.

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His actions last game would be 100% counter to what you just said.  The plays before the half and the handing off into the line at the end for all the world indicated he was not doing what was in the best interests of this team.

He is an AWFUL coach that actually deserves way more grief that he is getting.  The press is not holding his feet to the fire and the national media thing he is just great.

As usual with this team the fans see the truth a good two years before anyone else does it seems.

we can agree to disagree about that last game...I saw a coach who saw that his QB looked HORRIBLE in the few opportunities he was given to throw and an offensive line that was playing revolving door justice and he decided that he couldnt afford to get glass petty hurt with MCclown already down because all he had left was the hack attack. I saw it as not risking what would be guaranteeing the last 3 games lost to at least having a chance so long as petty doesnt get smoked last week. 

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The oline is about to get much worse and the jets will run the ball on 1st and 2nd down every friggin time for 3/4 of the game and get down by 25 then petty will get sacked 3 times and picked off twice throwing desperation lobs and he will be a dud QB

I predict a blindsight hit to force a fumble because none of our QBs have pocket awareness, for some reason.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The oline is about to get much worse and the jets will run the ball on 1st and 2nd down every friggin time for 3/4 of the game and get down by 25 then petty will get sacked 3 times and picked off twice throwing desperation lobs and he will be a dud QB

Are you privy to the game plan? 

Find it very hard to understand how a coach that is not a lock to return gives up like last week , or doesn't do his level best to give Petty a chance. Doesn't speak very well of a coach at all.Petty is more mobile, less accurate but a bigger arm than his beloved McCown. Work with that.If it's run/run/3 yard dumpoff on 3rd and 8 all day, that's not doing that. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Find it very hard to understand how a coach that is not a lock to return gives up like last week , or doesn't do his level best to give Petty a chance. Doesn't speak very well of a coach at all.Petty is more mobile, less accurate but a bigger arm than his beloved McCown. Work with that.If it's run/run/3 yard dumpoff on 3rd and 8 all day, that's not doing that. 

when you coach out of fear you get shut out like they did last week.  at least this week they're in a dome.  if they keep running on 1st and 2nd down again it will not reflect well on this coaching staff.  petty may not be a true starter in this league but there are enough teams you can put him on and allow him to throw and he won't embarrass himself.

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Past behavior portents future behavior.

Petty goes out and gets eaten up by the opposing defense because the O-line sucks. They trade him to the Packers and Mc Carthy falls in love with his gunslinger style. Rodgers retires in 2 years and Petty at 29 years old becomes the next Brett Favre and plays til he's 42.

Now that's real fantasy football. ?

Archived