Bowles want Petty to fail?

Joe Jets fan

5 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Petty goes out and gets eaten up by the opposing defense because the O-line sucks. They trade him to the Packers and Mc Carthy falls in love with his gunslinger style. Rodgers retires in 2 years and Petty at 29 years old becomes the next Brett Favre and plays til he's 42.

Now that's real fantasy football. ?

And this is me after seeing that happen......

Related image

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 12:58 PM, Joe Jets fan said:

So you would have to think Bowles wants Petty to crap the bed in these next three games.  It would show he was right all along and he could tell Chris that his record would have been better if HIS QB had not gotten hurt.  

If Petty plays well then Bowles can be questioned why he had a young QB that can play on his bench while he played a 38 year old journey men QB. 

I think Bowles has a pretty good gauge of where the two young QB's are. Petty was a one read QB at Baylor and has not learned how to read defenses as well as he should. I don't expect much and I certainly don't want any more victories since that would diminish the chance of getting a true franchise QB in the draft. I don't think the Jets have that in either Petty or Hackenberg

On 12/14/2017 at 2:08 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Efficient enough to put us on that losing streak and virtually ended our season. And I don’t wanna hear anything about how we were still alive. I ran over a cat once on accident..it was still alive..but then again, it wasn’t. Same concept. Bowles fell In love with the unexpected successful run of 4 wins prior to the KC game.. he and completely forgot the main goal..SEE WHAT YOU HAVE. It was disgustingly selfish to keep McCown in after he clearly couldn’t handle being out there hurt. Petty completes the first two passs and you want to **** his rhythm up by taking him out the same exact drive? Bowles is clueless how to actually head coach a team. He lost sight of what needed to be figured out...because the Jets were relevant in a really mediocre manner .Lol they didn’t lose out so that means keep starting  josh??

Competitive the entire season..whoopdie ******* do!

you knew what position this team was in. You knew what had to be discovered THIS season. You knew the plan before hand. **** You bowles.

yep.  mccown's stats are deceptive.  the only one that counts are the w's and he was on the losing end again.

Bowles job is based on Ws the reason he started McCown. If either Petty or Hack come in and surprise everyone and win games they will be happy and I will be happy. And if they are so good they can cement the starting job for next season then we have our starter and don't have to draft a Qb and can get other players in need areas. So it's ridiculous saying Bowles wants him or Hack to play bad to prove he was right. 

On 12/14/2017 at 3:00 PM, Warfish said:

Gonna say it strait out, I don't think Bowles likes Petty, nor do I think Bowles wan'ts to be "shown up" or made to look foolish if Petty plays really well.

Would that rise to Bowles torpedo'ing Petty?  Nope. 

Because Bowles just needs to be Bowles to help Petty fail, i.e. an ultra-conservative, run-first, run-second, short-pass, punt offense. 

Petty is probably a JAG.  He'll probably wind up a #3 someplace else. 

But he'll never get a truly fair shake to show what he is (or isn't) under a Bowles-led Offense.  

Well said and I agree. Bowles is a subborn fool.

On December 15, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Ex-Rex said:

I think Bowles has a pretty good gauge of where the two young QB's are. Petty was a one read QB at Baylor and has not learned how to read defenses as well as he should. I don't expect much and I certainly don't want any more victories since that would diminish the chance of getting a true franchise QB in the draft. I don't think the Jets have that in either Petty or Hackenberg

You're prob right about petty & hack both s*cking ... But why would Bowles have a pretty good gauge on them? ... He doesn't have a good gauge on anything else

Archived