*OFFICIAL JETS V SAINTS GAME THREAD*

T0mShane

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't know how you look at this defense and not think it's better than last year. It's honestly amazing how terrible we were last year. We clearly need a top Corner and a Pass Rusher in the worst way. I hope we throw money at Johnson or Butler this offseason and double dip at Pass Rusher with our top 5 picks

I don’t see much difference.  They were 11 in yards allowed last year and this year they’re like 22nd.  I think they’ve improved from a ppg perspective/turnover perspective but they’re still really really bad overall. 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Anyone blaming the defense for this game is just a hater.

NO is a very good offense - Brees makes plays - teams are going to make plays.

This game is on Petty - PERIOD - he's terrible.

It's not defense, it's not offensive play calling - it's Petty.  I was pulling for the kid -but it's clear, he's not an NFL level back-up.

So what does that make Hack? Back up Gatorade boy?

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

The 2017 version of the myth of the all-Pro QB that’s only on the bench because of the dumb, meanie, agenda-driven coach is hopefully dead.

Brooks Bollinger and Chris Simms might have been better than Petty. Kellen Clemens definitely was. 

Didn't you see in this very thread.  Petty is "worse" and that's the coaches fault too

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

We will officially be out of the playoffs after this loss.  Petty is hot garbage.  Will Hack even get a snap these last 2 weeks?

Bring Hack in to take a knee. He’ll probably fumble it and they’ll take it in for a TD.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Right. I’m trying to figure out the big deal for that to even be a rule?

My honest guess is that chaotic plays like that are a breeding ground for freak injuries, but I've got nothing to back that up other than my own opinion.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Sauvage-when you want to smell like Johnny Depp after a big night-waking up in your car with cottonmouth, stale beer, overflowing ashtrays, vomit, delirium tremens uncontrolled bodily functions-yeah, give me that!

Sounds like freshman year in college. Took me 6 schools and 16 years to get my BA. I wonder went went wrong?

After one game as a starter against an elite team.  You may turn out to be right but that's a rush to judgement.

Sad to say,but he has had two years to prepare for this game, the results speak for themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lol! Bad sign for the GM that drafted him, then took Hackenberg with an even higher pick 12 months later, doncha think???

Well that too. I'd say it reflects poorly on both of them at this point. Hackenberg has always been a different case than Petty to me, though. It's unrealistic to put starting franchise QB expectations on 4th round picks, but top of the 2nd round project picks, that's fair.

Archived