*OFFICIAL JETS V SAINTS GAME THREAD*

T0mShane

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bowles. This has to be his stock answer. The guy is an absolute trainwreck as a HC when it comes to the media. He isn't to good on the field either but that's besides the point. Making this statement only proves one thing: The guy is clueless. Sure he has made some strides but I'm coming to believe that may have been by accident instead of ability. One thing is for certain that I fully expect Bowles to be back next year even though I want his butt gone.

I fully expect this game to be an absolute horror show unless your a Saints fan. They are gonna roll over this team so easily I fully expect Bowles & Morton to announce they forfeit the game at half-time based on last weeks performance. Whats the over/under on how many yards the Jets put up today? 150? Take the under.

No one in their right mind would pick the Jets to win this game. There are some factors that could push this game in our favor. One that NO might be due for a flat game and be too confident about beating us. Also on the opposite side the Jets. The players came out very flat last week and could theoretically rebound. It would take a huge effort on defense. It will entail plus turnovers for us. And maybe some of our younger players will react positively to Bowles action on Wilkerson. A strong stand like this could motivate them. The defense by the way last week wasn't as bad as the offense. They showed up and basically played ok. You just have to hope that Petty will not like last Sunday be inaccurate. He has to make the basic plays and be ready for a few long passes to Anderson. But a running and short passing game has to be fairly precise to work. One negative for us is that Westhoff knows our team well and is definitely preparing the Saints STs for us and exploiting whatever holes we have in coverage. The guys on the Jets mid week show on SNY said look out they expect something to happen. I think last week they did have a return for a TD. Anyways, I'll go with Saints 31 Jets 17.

Petty received every rep this week. Got extra time with Anderson and Kearse. Bowles has ZERO interest or intention of playing anyone other than Petty at QB...

Winters is doubtful.

The Saints Defense has been stifling this year.

On the road.

On the firm surface of the Mercedes Dome.

Its writing itself. Petty is getting knocked out 3 minutes into the game....

9ef24cbdf32724631609d2e66531f8e89fcae3d2585ee576b544d08330e4e011.jpg

In Rich Cimini’s column today he wrote, “In a recent practice, Hackenberg over threw a simple “out” route by such a wide distance, that it could’ve hit a low-flying aircraft, according to one onlooker”.

I want to try to keep this thread positive, so, at least if Hackenburg were to get in the game today, the planes and blimp are safe.

Fortunately, we are playing in a dome.

Management of this team is a simple and colossal failure.

We draft QBs in round 2 twice in 5 years and develop neither of them.

we bring in old journeymen...  then the sheep fans say we overachieved.

Top teams dont anoint journey men.   

Please let me know the score, I won’t be watching.  

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don’t even know who we are playing. Are we home or away?

SAR I

Check the refrigerator magnet schedule they awarded PSL owners you know the "Investment Gold"  package you got. :D

Jets upset the Saints in a shootout 44-41 on a Chandler Catanzaro FG as time expires. 

This game comes down to Bowles, period.  This team hasn’t showed up for a road game in almost 2full seasons.

If Bowles can get the team to rally around Petty, it will show everyone a lot about his coaching ability.

That said, nothing Bowles has said or done the past two seasons has given anyone on the team or off it any reason to think Petty is. Arable of playing in this league so I venture to guess this is going to be a full veteran no show.

And with the NO Saints fighting for their division or a WC, they will be ready to roll over us regardless.  

Hopefully Chris Johnson takes note when today’s game is over at half time.

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Check the refrigerator magnet schedule they awarded PSL owners you know the "Investment Gold"  package you got.

Jets upset the Saints in a shootout 44-41 on a Chandler Catanzaro FG as time expires. 

What the NFL record for consecutive shutouts?  Any team in NFL or AFL history ever been goose-egged three games in a row?

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What the NFL record for consecutive shutouts?  Any team in NFL or AFL history ever been goose-egged three games in a row?

SAR I

Yes, the Raiders were shut out 3 consecutive games back in the 1981.  I'm not sure if that's the record though.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hack is potentially one snap away from playing time!

Not necessarily.  Didn't we sign an emergency 3rd string QB?  I wouldn't be shocked if Bowles went with that guy over Hack.

Eventually when Hack gets cut, the Jets will try to spin it as "it was our plan all along to never let him play even a single down".

Bowles is so totally full of sh*t it is amazing how much sh*t can be fit into one man.  Now he says we won't know about him until he plays?  Now that we are forced to play him?  He's been saying all year long 'we know what we have we have seen them in camp and in practice.'

As for Hack, in the last 25 years there has not been even one 2nd round QB that has not seen any reg season action after year two.  Even the scrubbiest of players that were out the league in two years like Pat White and Brian Brohm.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bowles is so totally full of sh*t it is amazing how much sh*t can be fit into one man.  Now he says we won't know about him until he plays?  Now that we are forced to play him?  He's been saying all year long 'we know what we have we have seen them in camp and in practice.'

As for Hack, in the last 25 years there has not been even one 2nd round QB that has not seen any reg season action after year two.  Even the scrubbiest of players that were out the league in two years like Pat White and Brian Brohm.

That is a very good question.  My money would be that Hack will be the only one (should he not end up playing in these last 3 games).

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Christian Hackenberg doesn't see a snap this season then he is **officially** a bust in my book. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If Christian Hackenberg doesn't see a snap this season then he is **officially** a bust in my book. 

Though I could see the Jets cutting him and the Patriots bringing him in to be the backup next year (and he'll succeed there).

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That is a very good question.  My money would be that Hack will be the only one (should he not end up playing in these last 3 games).

It is i looked it up, there have been a number of years with no 2nd rounders but of all the 2nd round picks i looked at he is the only one.

Archived