*OFFICIAL JETS V SAINTS GAME THREAD*

T0mShane

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

McCown taught Petty his secret to losing but still keeping the game close!  I think we’ve found our new starting QB!

I ******* hate all of our QBS and didn't want to win a game, so I could like one next year. McCown would have won that sh*t show by 10

Petty looked today like what we have heard from the org indirectly ever since he came to the Jets. That he can be an NFL backup. The thing that stuck out to me was the number of tipped passes. I counted 4 one I think ended up out of bounds. As for the D today they did give up to the Saints key receptions especially on 3rd and longs. What bailed them out were the turnovers. 

25 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This is the sample size you think is sufficient to evaluate a QB? I don't. And I know playing a 38 year old guy over him makes no sense at all. 

How about we include ALL of the playing time he has ever had in the regular season including last year? Its the same. I am not an advocate for the clown at all and it doesnt matter to me in the slightest if he is 38 but Petty is not the guy and there is no reason to put him in there unless we have no choice.  

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree he has played real sh*tty but reps DO matter. Experiences DOES help..btw TD Petty lol

I agree that experience does help...I just dont think he looks any better than he did last year when he started. Same issues, same flaws, no improvement. I think he can play until the close the stadium and well...so far he has shown us who he is. People are just hoping for more because all of our other alternatives suck more. 

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We have gained absolutely nothing by starting Josh McCown this year. Zero.

You are not allowed to quote me on game days? I thought we established this already?

and I'm not advocating for starting mcclown either but Petty is NOT the valid argument to make. Hell trade for someone for pete sake. 

Just now, jetspenguin said:

I agree that experience does help...I just dont think he looks any better than he did last year when he started. Same issues, same flaws, no improvement. I think he can play until the close the stadium and well...so far he has shown us who he is. People are just hoping for more because all of our other alternatives suck more. 

Yeah..Petty should definitely take a seat at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This is the sample size you think is sufficient to evaluate a QB? I don't. And I know playing a 38 year old guy over him makes no sense at all. 

We trotted Geno out there for almost 3 seasons as the starter LMAO.

Petty? 5 games in garbage time with no meaningful reps in 3 yrs.

6 hours ago, usapaw said:

hater. What was it you expected to see? No picks no fumbles and no sacks. He was looking like everyone but the haters expected.

Wow, he really passed the eyeball test to you in the first half?  Now I'll grant that he looked a little better in the 2nd half but to me he just doesn't have it.  I think he's looking like Geno Smith redux.  Sorry if that makes me a hater.  JMHO.  

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

so because we were dumb enough to trot glass jaw out for 3 years we should repeat the same mistake again? Geno was a better player than Petty is, his skill set was better. He was just an a$$hole. I'm not saying he deserved 3 years but lets not act like one has anything to do with the other. 

Let's pretend for a minute that we have learned from that mistake. Face it, the kid isnt NFL starting material. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

12 men on the field penalty 

Horrendous play calling all damn day. 

The defense kept us in the game with all the turnovers we should have capitalized and won that game. 

Bryce Petty is not the answer. 

Todd Bowles should be fired. 

12 men on the field is bad, would like to know what that's about. Is that Morton not getting the call in on time? Idk, if Petty could hit the broad side of a barn we probably could have pulled that game out, I'm not sure I can blame the play calling.

12 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

so because we were dumb enough to trot glass jaw out for 3 years we should repeat the same mistake again? Geno was a better player than Petty is, his skill set was better. He was just an a$$hole. I'm not saying he deserved 3 years but lets not act like one has anything to do with the other. 

Let's pretend for a minute that we have learned from that mistake. Face it, the kid isnt NFL starting material. 

Ya know, you're probably right...

But I'd feel better saying that if Petty had started the first say 6 games with all the starter's reps and if he hadn't shown any progression.

IMHO, he hasn't had any meaningful 'development', just being tossed into sh*tty situations.

48 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

But I'd feel better saying that if Petty had started the first say 6 games with all the starter's reps and if he hadn't shown any progression.

IMHO, he hasn't had any meaningful 'development', just being tossed into sh*tty situations.

He's not an NFL level back-up - let alone a starter.  There are no amount of reps that will change that...this isn't a guy that flashed and made me think - hey give this guy some time and he can the guy.  

He's in his 3rd year and looked no better, if not worse, than he did in his first year. 

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

unless we win this game....i guess we will see

Seen - still at 10 however after 14 games. Best we can hope for is a move up to 7 which would require a Bears win over Browns, a Bengals win vs. Lions or Ravens, and a Broncos win over Skins or  KC.  So 9-8 or 7 spot seems imminent and likely in that order, with 9 being more practical. Of the 5 wins, only 2 - Fins & Bills - were ‘wins’ The other 3 - Jax, KC and Browns - were gifts. We really should be 2-10 vying for that #2 pick. Thx Mac, Bowles. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wow, he really passed the eyeball test to you in the first half?  Now I'll grant that he looked a little better in the 2nd half but to me he just doesn't have it.  I think he's looking like Geno Smith redux.  Sorry if that manes me a hater.  JMHO.  

And Goff looked like he couldnt play the position at all last year under a similar regime with the same philosophy. Petty may suck but we are doing NOTHING to put him in a position to possible succeed.

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Bring back Geno! He can show Hack how to look good sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Seen - still at 10 however after 14 games. Best we can hope for is a move up to 7 which would require a Bears win over Browns, a Bengals win vs. Lions or Ravens, and a Broncos win over Skins or  KC.  So 9-8 or 7 spot seems imminent and likely in that order, with 9 being more practical. Of the 5 wins, only 2 - Fins & Bills - were ‘wins’ The other 3 - Jax, KC and Browns - were gifts. We really should be 2-10 vying for that #2 pick. Thx Mac, Bowles. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

What would you call the 3 games that very easily could have been wins? I'd say those were gifts for the other teams. Our record is what it is because we earned that record. This team was never going to be bad enough to get a top 2 pick unless we intentionally started one of the younger QB's instead of the clear best QB on the roster who was (2-20) his last 3 years. Fans talk about being pissed off about Bowles and Coaches giving up but would prefer to have given up all season for a top pick...

I think we get the 9th pick after playing with the espn playoff machine

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

What would you call the 3 games that very easily could have been wins? I'd say those were gifts for the other teams. Our record is what it is because we earned that record. This team was never going to be bad enough to get a top 2 pick unless we intentionally started one of the younger QB's instead of the clear best QB on the roster who was (2-20) his last 3 years. Fans talk about being pissed off about Bowles and Coaches giving up but would prefer to have given up all season for a top pick...

I think we get the 9th pick after playing with the espn playoff machine

I call those losses which they were. And I agree 9 looks like a given.

4 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

ok thats a fair point

Archived