I can't watch this team

Jetster

Next year if this organization retains Todd Bowles. After 45 games Bowles has shown absolutely zero growth. His defenses are constant underachievers giving up huge play after huge play! I heard on the radio (Sirius XM NFL) that we are #1 in giving up over 50 yard plays & #2 in giving up plays of 20 yards or more! 

Derek Carr (Yea, he's lighting it up this year...not), Tyrod Taylor, Jay Cutler, Blake Bortles, Deshaun Kizer + his backup, Brady, Matt Moore, Matt Ryan (in a monsoon), Taylor again (he was benched soon after), Ryan Fitzpatrick (Lol), Cam Newton, Alex Smith, Trevor Simian (only playing because he was benched & Osweiller got hurt). Yea, a real murderers row here! Plus you got the best QBs in the bunch at home (Brady, Ryan, Smith & Newton), 1-3. 

This guy STINKS! He has no feel for the game, is absolutely horrible with clock management (repeatedly bad, even this year), always starts vets over youngsters (are we still handing off to cement shoes Forte off left guard?), I believe we are top 3 in penalties. He is SO conservative I feel like I'm watching a game from 20 years ago. This guy hasn't developed ANYONE! He had to suspend Lee, Mo has literally dissolved into a joke before our eyes under Bowles watch (our highest paid player 17.5 million). He will NEVER develop a young QB, and why on earth would you guys want him too? There are young QBs starting in this league had they played for Bowles they wouldn't have seen the field! I know it, you know it, how in the hell does this organization not know this after 45 games? That's why I'm making this post, how can this Jets organization scrutinize a guys lack of success, two years in a row of having to take disciplinary action against players, without an iota of development in any part of the team other than the offense (which is a new coach, working with way less assets than the defense has been afforded with a burnt out RB (Forte), a bad Oline, an UDFA WR, a rehabilitated TE, a player obtained right before the season (Kearse), and a couple of rookie WRs & a QB who had lost 22 games in his last 24 played? Morton should win a medal! 

Nothing! Bowles has shown absolutely not one iota of growth in his 3rd year as an NFL head coach, NADA! How can this organization justify to a fan like me that bringing him back to keep continuity (losing & showing no growth in any facet of the team) that his return is good for us going forward? Not one fan on this site could give a list of 3 things Todd Bowles is good at, how about give me one. Why isn't Chris Johnson not asking these questions? Its true, this organization accepts mediocrity, plain & simple. There is no structure. Just foolish silver spooned babies watching over their little toy football game as the players spin out of control, usually heading in the wrong direction. This organization doesn't even deserve the loyal fans it has in all of us. From Hess to Woody, nothing's changed, and until someone owns this team that really truly cares about winning & not just about the money, it will sadly never change.

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Next year if this organization retains Todd Bowles. After 45 games Bowles has shown absolutely zero growth. His defenses are constant underachievers giving up huge play after huge play! I heard on the radio (Sirius XM NFL) that we are #1 in giving up over 50 yard plays & #2 in giving up plays of 20 yards or more! 

Derek Carr (Yea, he's lighting it up this year...not), Tyrod Taylor, Jay Cutler, Blake Bortles, Deshaun Kizer + his backup, Brady, Matt Moore, Matt Ryan (in a monsoon), Taylor again (he was benched soon after), Ryan Fitzpatrick (Lol), Cam Newton, Alex Smith, Trevor Simian (only playing because he was benched & Osweiller got hurt). Yea, a real murderers row here! Plus you got the best QBs in the bunch at home (Brady, Ryan, Smith & Newton), 1-3. 

This guy STINKS! He has no feel for the game, is absolutely horrible with clock management (repeatedly bad, even this year), always starts vets over youngsters (are we still handing off to cement shoes Forte off left guard?), I believe we are top 3 in penalties. He is SO conservative I feel like I'm watching a game from 20 years ago. This guy hasn't developed ANYONE! He had to suspend Lee, Mo has literally dissolved into a joke before our eyes under Bowles watch (our highest paid player 17.5 million). He will NEVER develop a young QB, and why on earth would you guys want him too? There are young QBs starting in this league had they played for Bowles they wouldn't have seen the field! I know it, you know it, how in the hell does this organization not know this after 45 games? That's why I'm making this post, how can this Jets organization scrutinize a guys lack of success, two years in a row of having to take disciplinary action against players, without an iota of development in any part of the team other than the offense (which is a new coach, working with way less assets than the defense has been afforded with a burnt out RB (Forte), a bad Oline, an UDFA WR, a rehabilitated TE, a player obtained right before the season (Kearse), and a couple of rookie WRs & a QB who had lost 22 games in his last 24 played? Morton should win a medal! 

Nothing! Bowles has shown absolutely not one iota of growth in his 3rd year as an NFL head coach, NADA! How can this organization justify to a fan like me that bringing him back to keep continuity (losing & showing no growth in any facet of the team) that his return is good for us going forward? Not one fan on this site could give a list of 3 things Todd Bowles is good at, how about give me one. Why isn't Chris Johnson not asking these questions? Its true, this organization accepts mediocrity, plain & simple. There is no structure. Just foolish silver spooned babies watching over their little toy football game as the players spin out of control, usually heading in the wrong direction. This organization doesn't even deserve the loyal fans it has in all of us. From Hess to Woody, nothing's changed, and until someone owns this team that really truly cares about winning & not just about the money, it will sadly never change.

You'll watch. You can't help it. This team is like Herpes. Once its in you you can never get rid of it. Such is the pleasure and curse of being a Jet Fan. Just ask this guy. You know he is one of us.

image.png

42 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Next year if this organization retains Todd Bowles. After 45 games Bowles has shown absolutely zero growth. His defenses are constant underachievers giving up huge play after huge play! I heard on the radio (Sirius XM NFL) that we are #1 in giving up over 50 yard plays & #2 in giving up plays of 20 yards or more! . . . . 

Garbage, garbage, garbage, BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH. WHINE WHINE.

PURE TRIPE. WHINE SOME MORE. BLAH BLAH BLAH

From Hess to Woody, nothing's changed, and until someone owns this team that really truly cares about winning & not just about the money, it will sadly never change.

84982525_901468161e_m2.jpg?width=960

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We don’t need ya, bye Felicia 

Great post, love the passion, honesty, and feeling. While I totally agree with you, I hate to say it, but Andy Reid and that $hitty KC defense is a major reason we will be saddled with another year of penalties, bad game planning, veterans playing instead of younger hungrier guys, piss poor clock management, no shot at a home playoff game, and one word PC answers. I agree 100%, there is nothing more to watch here with this team until they do things the right way (like the Giants just did) and clean house - at least on the field. IMO despite the Hackenburg f**k up of a pick, Mac semi redeemed himself getting that 2nd round pick back plus a decent WR with the Richardson trade. Since Bowles was forced upon him he gets 1 shot at hiring a HC. The HC hires the assistants. They all report to Mac and lets get this thing going in the right direction. This nonsense of the HC and GM being on equal footing is over, this is like a building that was not constructed up to code and is now falling apart.

and to top it off, Bowles never would have played the young qb's if the old fella didn't get hurt, which would have made the games even more meaningless and unwatchable. At least we have something to look forward to now in Petty, at least for the first few minutes....

These type of posts seem to be quite common lately.  

I find them very humorous.  No one cares if you aren't going to be a fan anymore.  Not a soul.  If you aren't going to be, more power to you.  Don't be a drama queen and announce it on a message board.  Just drift off into the sunset like a man, not some teenage girl looking for people to feel sorry for her.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

These type of posts seem to be quite common lately.  

I find them very humorous.  No one cares if you aren't going to be a fan anymore.  Not a soul.  If you aren't going to be, more power to you.  Don't be a drama queen and announce it on a message board.  Just drift off into the sunset like a man, not some teenage girl looking for people to feel sorry for her.

You know who cares? The Jets social media people who report stuff like this to management. You think they operate in a vacuum? 

My next new thread will summarize what some of the other teams are doing, but there are already several teams starting the new HC process.  The Jets have an HC trying to win games.   Next year is already lost. 

At least all of the assistants on the Cheapskate Bengals have expiring contracts.   Hence their switch now.  I say let Bowles coach for his life next year, but we need front office help. 

In its current form this organization is just hopeless. 

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Do you think they make football based decisions based off whiny fans?

Well it has 100% been proven the jets and in fact fort a lot of other franchises that the whiny fans are in fact smarter and more in tune with what is happening than the brain trust.  so yeah teams should listen to their whiny fans more often.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Says the guy who laid awake at 3:00  am composing this thread 

Absolutely not. Wrote it this morning just trying to imagine what Todd Bowles brings to the Jets next year if retained. The defensive scheme has been amazing. I'm always amazed how defenders aren't even in the screen on the TV set when another guy is scoring a TD.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well it has 100% been proven the jets and in fact fort a lot of other franchises that the whiny fans are in fact smarter and more in tune with what is happening than the brain trust.  so yeah teams should listen to their whiny fans more often.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not. Do you really believe that?

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes, 100% for sure.

I'm not saying a team would be worse than some of the most reactionary fans but teams have been incorrect about coaches, gms and players long after the general fan base has made a correct judgment.  And in some cases there is zero question about it.  See the famous Idzik draft.  See the thoughts on Hackenburg, Sanchez being given and extension, Rex's last couple of years.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Don't watch.

You keep on supporting Bowles. I know the structure & upper management of this team is a disaster but right now I'm only commenting on Todd Bowles. THE MAN CANT COACH! He's a fraud, same as Rex. These guys CANT develop players. They are the absolute opposite of the types of coaches you need for a rebuilding team in a youth movement. 

How do you teach young players about clock situations when you, yourself, make mistakes constantly? He may be a nice man, but he is an idiot making coaching decisions, everything Todd Bowles does, it seems the opposite was the right answer.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, 100% for sure.

I'm not saying a team would be worse than some of the most reactionary fans but teams have been incorrect about coaches, gms and players long after the general fan base has made a correct judgment.  And in some cases there is zero question about it.  See the famous Idzik draft.  See the thoughts on Hackenburg, Sanchez being given and extension, Rex's last couple of years.

I don't know where to start.

I'm not trying to defend anyone in the Jets brain trust, but to think fans could literally run the organization better top to bottom is ridiculous.  Especially if they are required to make all of the decisions, not just the seemingly obvious ones.

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You keep on supporting Bowles. I know the structure & upper management of this team is a disaster but right now I'm only commenting on Todd Bowles. THE MAN CANT COACH! He's a fraud, same as Rex. These guys CANT develop players. They are the absolute opposite of the types of coaches you need for a rebuilding team in a youth movement. 

How do you teach young players about clock situations when you, yourself, make mistakes constantly? He may be a nice man, but he is an idiot making coaching decisions, everything Todd Bowles does, it seems the opposite was the right answer.

I am not endorsing Todd Bowles.  If the product bothers you that much just don't watch.  I did similar in the 90s for a while.  Probably not getting better till Woody sells the team or the NFL goes out of business.   

47 minutes ago, shevys said:

You know who cares? The Jets social media people who report stuff like this to management. You think they operate in a vacuum? 

If the Jets are wasting time/resources reading social media instead of dedicating all financial resources to the identification and development of a franchise QB they are the dumbest team in the NFL.

Nevermind.  You're probably right.

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't know where to start.

I'm not trying to defend anyone in the Jets brain trust, but to think fans could literally run the organization better top to bottom is ridiculous.  Especially if they are required to make all of the decisions, not just the seemingly obvious ones.

It’s a pressure packed job for sure. I’d say the decisions are the relatively easy part. It probably gets most difficult when GM AND HC DONT SEEM TO WORKING TOGETHER due to ownership issues.

Choosing what to delegate, how to split time, and dealing with the media and player screwups would be hardest I think.

In-game decisions are never going to be perfect but you gotta do what makes sense (Bowles often doesn’t) given the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, 100% for sure.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It would be naive for you to think they don’t. I’m not saying they base decisions solely on us, but I think they look to:see what the pulse of the fan base is and it influences them. 

Archived