The Difference In Coaching Staffs.

Villain The Foe

Im looking at this Jets/Saints game and what is clearly evident is the level of engagement of each teams coaching staff. Every time the camera pans to  Sean Payton and his staff you see them deep into their playcard looking for plays. I see Payton and Brees talking on the sideline during a timeout. This is something that isnt new however with Payton and his coaching staff. Meanwhile, we see Bowlels on the sideline not saying a word with his arms folded. This is something that isnt new with Bowles and his coaching staff. 

The camera took a shot at Josh McCown and I see, of all people, Josh freaking McCown with his head in the play cards, talking to Petty when he walked to the sideline right before the field goal kick before half time. 

This Bowles coaching staff is a joke, and this is why the Jets always need "mentoring" players to do what coaches are paid to do. Everytime we look at Payton on the sidelines its the same level of engagement. Everytime we look at Bill Belichick, Matt Patricia (and that f'ing pencil in his hat) and Josh McDaniels we see the same thing on the damn sideline.

Todd Bowles and this entire Coaching staff needs to be fired and we need to get a coach that has that level of engagement and intensity. This is a damn shame what Im witnessing every single week. I decided to write this thread now just so you guys can take notice during the second half and every other game afterwards. This coaching staff headed by Todd Bowles is the #1 problem with this team. 

This guy needs to be fired at the end of the season, it's not even a question. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Im looking at this Jets/Saints game and what is clearly evident is the level of engagement of each teams coaching staff. Every time the camera pans to  Sean Payton and his staff you see them deep into their playcard looking for plays. I see Payton and Brees talking on the sideline during a timeout. This is something that isnt new however with Payton and his coaching staff. Meanwhile, we see Bowlels on the sideline not saying a word with his arms folded. This is something that isnt new with Bowles and his coaching staff. 

The camera took a shot at Josh McCown and I see, of all people, Josh freaking McCown with his head in the play cards, talking to Petty when he walked to the sideline right before the field goal kick before half time. 

This Bowles coaching staff is a joke, and this is why the Jets always need "mentoring" players to do what coaches are paid to do. Everytime we look at Payton on the sidelines its the same level of engagement. Everytime we look at Bill Belichick, Matt Patricia (and that f'ing pencil in his hat) and Josh McDaniels we see the same thing on the damn sideline.

Todd Bowles and this entire Coaching staff needs to be fired and we need to get a coach that has that level of engagement and intensity. This is a damn shame what Im witnessing every single week. I decided to write this thread now just so you guys can take notice during the second half and every other game afterwards. This coaching staff headed by Todd Bowles is the #1 problem with this team. 

I have no question at all that the narrative amongst the talking heads will be that Bowles deserves another year to insert his vision of the team and that the fact that the jets won 5 games with this lineup means boweles should sainted and given an extension.

The newbie owner will listen to the talking heads who never actually watch  this team play. 

No good football guy between owner and coach and gm = We are doomed.

Down two scores with 4 minutes and change on the road and Bowles punted again. Basically hoping you get an onsides kick. Meanwhile Payton was going for it on a 4th and 4 at home in the RZ. 

Bowles coaches more scared than any coach we've ever head maybe besides Herm.

Meh 

We don't know what's going on in the headsets and I wanted an executive head coach that wasn't a coordinator anyway. 

The basic problem is a pure lack of talent at the foundational positions 

All rosters have holes, but the Jets have holes at QB, LT, EDGE RUSHER, WR, CB 

Get the QB

Protect the QB

Rush the QB 

Jets really can't say they can do any of that 

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

All I have to say is let us do the game over except this time we get Drew Brees and they get Petty and lets see how it goes??

It won't change what the topic of the thread is, which is the difference of what I see from the head coaches and coaching staff's. 

You don't need Drew Brees to look at play cards, adjust on the fly and play situational football as a head coach. 

Petty is not an excuse for terrible coaching. 

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It won't change what the topic of the thread is, which is the difference of what I see from the head coaches and coaching staff's. 

You don't need Drew Brees to look at play cards, adjust on the fly and play situational football as a head coach. 

You do realize that until we gave up that last touchdown after the onsides kick failed that Bowles and his coaches were basically eating Payton's lunch, right?

16 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Overall answer go Draft a Fooking QB round 1. Spend your picks on the O!!!!

12 hours ago, jetsons said:

and get a New HC

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

New HC, New top QB... ton of money for FA's and lets go.

If we had Payton and Brees in place of Bowles and McCown, based on the team and how they played we'd have 9 wins minimum. so yeah who wants to keep Bowles around?  NO ONE WITH A BRAIN.

Much of football comes down to drafting, clearly MacCagnan can't even shine Mickey Loomis's shoes, they are not on the same planet. The remaining balance  of winning is about have a disciplined, insanely hardworking coaching staff.

Bowles if given talent, coaches them up and has shown this year that he makes his team look respectable for three quarters of a football game against pretty much any team. However when he runs into a Belichick or a Payton, come the final whistle Bowles is still sliced ham. There are a small number of coaches that seem to be brighter or simply out work opponents during the week in preparation for every single possible football scenario.  These bright/hardworkers need luck and players, they don't always win but because of the discipline and hard work they will prevail in nine scenarios out of ten every single football week.

17 hours ago, section314 said:

You do realize that until we gave up that last touchdown after the onsides kick failed that Bowles and his coaches were basically eating Payton's lunch, right?

Eating their lunch??? Question, can you tell me during which section during that game that the jets held the lead? 

Don't waste your time looking. The jets never held a lead like they never had lunch. Just because you cause an int and two fumbles does not mean you were eating lunch when you convert 3 turnovers into just 1 field goal. 3 points!

On 12/17/2017 at 10:41 PM, Larz said:

Meh 

We don't know what's going on in the headsets and I wanted an executive head coach that wasn't a coordinator anyway. 

The basic problem is a pure lack of talent at the foundational positions 

All rosters have holes, but the Jets have holes at QB, LT, EDGE RUSHER, WR, CB 

Get the QB

Protect the QB

Rush the QB 

We'd have some sort of clue if we normally seen him talking into his headset which we almost never see. And this executive hc thing isn't working. This isn't because of just talent. There are play's being called that are absolute head scratchers. Waving of white flags, taking of knees yo go into halftime though you are losing and have all 3 timeouts...etc.

On 12/17/2017 at 2:44 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Sean Payton is one of the best. He has been around quite a while. Todd Bowles is certainly not sean Payton, but to be fair not many coaches are on Payton’s level. 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Eating their lunch??? Question, can you tell me during which section during that game that the jets held the lead? 

Don't waste your time looking. The jets never held a lead like they never had lunch. Just because you cause an int and two fumbles does not mean you were eating lunch when you convert 3 turnovers into just 1 field goal. 3 points!

Coming into the game the Saints were favoured by the biggest margin in team history - yet we were within three at the two minute warning.

Whether NO looked beyond us, whether we played above our level, we did a pretty good job against the highest ranked O and one of the top ranked Ds in the game. maybe not lunch eating, but that game, in theory, should have been over by half time, if not sooner. Credit to the Jets for hanging with one of the best teams in the league, on the road.

21 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Coming into the game the Saints were favoured by the biggest margin in team history - yet we were within three at the two minute warning.

Whether NO looked beyond us, whether we played above our level, we did a pretty good job against the highest ranked O and one of the top ranked Ds in the game. maybe not lunch eating, but that game, in theory, should have been over by half time, if not sooner. Credit to the Jets for hanging with one of the best teams in the league, on the road.

Not speaking for anyone else but I am tired of meaningless moral victories and if you scan the weekly results there is almost always 4-5 games where the underdog overachieves probably as a direct result of the parity the NFL has engineered.

55 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Dude, Las Vegas point spreads does not equate to a team eating another team's lunch. The Jets were outperformed in every facet of the game against the Saints. 

We didn't get blown out, but that doesn't mean that we ate their lunch. We played 60 mins of football and didn't hold a lead for 1 of those 60 mins. 

Saying that we did better than expected would be factual. Eating their lunch? No. 

Mike Glennon for NFL first GM/Head Coach/Starting QB?

In the moments I made the honest attempt to watch yesterday’s game, this was my only observation. Look how much better coached Drew ******* Brees is compared to Bryce Petty! Brees’ coaches were calling completed passes, TDs, first downs, converting 3rd downs....Meanwhile...I mean obviously we know what the Jets’ coaches were calling, and without a drop of fire in them! 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

We'd have some sort of clue if we normally seen him talking into his headset which we almost never see. And this executive hc thing isn't working. This isn't because of just talent. There are play's being called that are absolute head scratchers. Waving of white flags, taking of knees yo go into halftime though you are losing and have all 3 timeouts...etc.

Worked for Tom Landry 

I'm not huge fan of bowles, but the players decide the game

On 12/17/2017 at 4:41 PM, Larz said:

Get the QB

Protect the QB

Rush the QB 

Well these have been issues since Macc and Bowles have been here.  Is three seasons not long enough to fill any of these?  

On 12/18/2017 at 9:40 AM, Gangrene said:

Much of football comes down to drafting, clearly MacCagnan can't even shine Mickey Loomis's shoes, they are not on the same planet. The remaining balance  of winning is about have a disciplined, insanely hardworking coaching staff.

Bowles if given talent, coaches them up and has shown this year that he makes his team look respectable for three quarters of a football game against pretty much any team. However when he runs into a Belichick or a Payton, come the final whistle Bowles is still sliced ham. There are a small number of coaches that seem to be brighter or simply out work opponents during the week in preparation for every single possible football scenario.  These bright/hardworkers need luck and players, they don't always win but because of the discipline and hard work they will prevail in nine scenarios out of ten every single football week.

Bowles will be fired in 2 weeks but the real problem will still be here derailing the 2018 season

Bowles stated that he expected McCown to "mentor" Bryce Petty on game day and in practice. He relinquishes responsibility quite often and I agree that his level of detachment is a detriment and he should be relieved of HC duties as soon as the season ends.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Will Matt Patricia be a HC somewhere next season? Should the Jets go hard after this guy or is hiring another hot assistant taboo after the failures of Bowles, Rex et al?

Patricia I like a lot but no way Belichick lets him come here

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bowles will be fired in 2 weeks but the real problem will still be here derailing the 2018 season

I hope you're right but I think Bowles will survive... unfortunately. He's a middle of the pack coach and he has a built in excuse this year "young rebuilding roster". 

Agreed on the real problem derailing the 2018 season, I blame Charlie Casserly's input and his toupee.

Belichick on Casserly "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins?" .... like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong."

2 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I hope you're right but I think Bowles will survive... unfortunately. He's a middle of the pack coach and he has a built in excuse this year "young rebuilding roster". 

Agreed on the real problem derailing the 2018 season, I blame Charlie Casserly's input and his toupee.

Belichick on Casserly "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins?" .... like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong."

Casserly I think is scenile

Archived