Bryce Petty really stinks

FloridaJetsFan

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to say the same thing. What an eye opener and disappointment. And how much worse must hackemburg be? Now it's obvious why they scrounge for journeymen QBs but what are they keeping these guys around for? 

Bryce Petty is really bad.  He misses throws my 11 year old nephew completes with ease. That said, he was good enough to have never wasted our time with Joshy.  

What did this regime think they were going to get out him that they wouldn’t with Bryce?  5 wins instead of 4? 

Blind leading the blind.  It’s really hard to be this bad at everything that is necessary to be a good Football team. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bryce Petty is really bad.  He misses throws my 11 year old nephew completes with ease. That said, he was good enough to have never wasted our time with Joshy.  

What did this regime think they were going to get out him that they wouldn’t with Bryce?  5 wins instead of 4? 

Blind leading the blind.  It’s really hard to be this bad at everything that is necessary to be a good Football team. 

The great majority of misses were on short throws into traffic when the Saints were daring him to go deep. He looked poor but its what his 5th start? He also threw some beautiful passes that fit his game better. The offensive plan today did him no favors it did not fit his strengths at all. I think Petty is a very emotional player as well and it will be interesting to see his performance as he gets more comfortable. Only Jets fans would pine for a 38 year old JAG like McClown. Petty should have 15 starts by now, and most or all of this season to see if he develops. but it's the Jets so well just throw him off the deep end for 3 games and then go find another water-treading JAGOFF

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

This could all be true but still no reason for him not to start. Petty is what he is. As bad as hackenberg looks in practice he’s still technically an unknown

To us he is - but not to the coaching staff.

At some point these guys are professional football people - they see what he's capable of --- at least with Petty they were right.

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The great majority of misses were on short throws into traffic when the Saints were daring him to go deep. He looked poor but its what his 5th start? He also threw some beautiful passes that fit his game better. The offensive plan today did him no favors it did not fit his strengths at all. I think Petty is a very emotional player as well and it will be interesting to see his performance as he gets more comfortable. Only Jets fans would pine for a 38 year old JAG like McClown. Petty should have 15 starts by now, and most or all of this season to see if he develops. but it's the Jets so well just throw him off the deep end for 3 games and then go find another water-treading JAGOFF

Agreed.  Just like with Chan last year.  The game plan was ridiculous.  A good QB would struggle with that type of cowardice.  I literally don’t remember a 1st down throw.  

I don’t think Petty is good but he is good enough that only a bunch of fools would start McCown over him.

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

This could all be true but still no reason for him not to start. Petty is what he is. As bad as hackenberg looks in practice he’s still technically an unknown

Unknown to you, perhaps.  Probably not to people who actually watch him though.

2 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Are you going to cry when Bowles is eventually fired?

No.  Because unlike seemingly most of JN, I have the brain capacity to understand that he needs to go, but also that he's far from the problem with this team and his departure will be largely irrelevant to the teams future prospects.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Unknown to you, perhaps.  Probably not to people who actually watch him though.

but you have to acknowledge that between he and Petty he's far more likely to be on the roster next year.  With that being the case you MUST start him.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

No.  Because unlike seemingly most of JN, I have the brain capacity to understand that he need to go, but also that he's far from the problem with this team and his departure will be largely irrelevant to the teams future prospects.

If Mac miraculously gets fired Petty and Hack are both gone

12 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

Eli Manning also had huge accuracy issues his first year. Give Petty a chance, at least he's athletic and has arm strength. I'm looking forward to his next game.

he looked like the same guy from last year to me

more reps won't do him any good

he is what he is

41 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Two things really surprise me about the Petty discussion.

1.  That anyone is relatively surprised  he isn't very good.

2.  That some people mock Maccagnan like Petty is some sort of an atroscious pick.  Hack in the 2nd, sure fire away.  

I’ve never seen anyone mock the Petty pick. I mean, they did trade up for him but still.  

I think it has more to do with he followed it up with Hack and punted on a QB this year because of these two bums. 

13 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

No. Unknown to everybody..... there are reason to assume pretty surely that he will be bad but no actual proof because he has yet to play in a game that matters 

I suppose with that logic, you could add you and I to the list of people who we can be pretty sure will be bad but have no actual proof.

52 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Two things really surprise me about the Petty discussion.

1.  That anyone is relatively surprised  he isn't very good.

2.  That some people mock Maccagnan like Petty is some sort of an atroscious pick.  Hack in the 2nd, sure fire away.  

The problem with Mac isn't even Hackenberg.  It's that heading into year three, his by far best option was Josh McCown and after year 3, that still seems to be the case.

Archived