Thoughts

UnitedWhofans

The Good:

The defense as a whole: To hold the Drew Brees led New Orleans Saints on the road to 24 points (last TD is garbage time so that means nothing to me) is a very solid effort. Much better than I thought would happen. Give some of them credit (later)

John Morton's game plan: Been saying this for several weeks now, to overcome the mediocrity of the Jets OL, you need to employ quick passes and screens. And that is what he called today. So good game plan.

Jamal Adams: Never seen a nice kid so hated by the fanbase as this kid, despite the fact that he has done all the right things and has had a solid rookie year. I remember Darrelle Revis as a kid struggling in coverage before Rex got there. Created a big turnover when the Saints could have blown them out.

The Bad & Ugly

1/2 Darron Lee. Got easily pushed around by Kamara and Ingram at the beginning of the game, settled down, and then had it happen again on the last drive, although as I said, it's garbage time so whatever,

Bryce Petty: Some people will blame the coaches. He threw 38 passes and completed half of them. That's not good. And that's on him.

The Jets were 15.5 point underdogs and lost by 11, 7 of those points came in garbage time.

IN a year when expectations are so low and you want to get the draft pick up there, this was a best case scenario.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I'm not going through this as a young passionate fan

As a guy who follows this team mostly out of stubborn inertia, this season has just been boring 

So the new TV tech guy got the service going just in time for the game. He is a cowboy fan. Told me he wanted my giants to win today 

I told him I'm a Jets fan and was upset he got the service going in time for the game. 

We shared an awkward laugh 

That's what this franchise does to you 

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Bowles made the right choice playing McCown. The receivers looked like they were frustrated with Petty. Can't wait for the season is over, I just want to know our draft position.

There is almost a 100% chance we finish 5-11 so it looks like somewhere between 5 and 8 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

There is almost a 100% chance we finish 5-11 so it looks like somewhere between 5 and 8 

I used the playoff machine on ESPN.com and then used the strength of schedule on tankathon.com and have us falling at #9 with Denver picking at #8. I deff see us as 5-11 it's just a matter of what the rest of the league does.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I used the playoff machine on ESPN.com and then used the strength of schedule on tankathon.com and have us falling at #9 with Denver picking at #8. I deff see us as 5-11 it's just a matter of what the rest of the league does.

Denver beat us and they have the same record. I think the worst we finish is 8th. 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No, I agree. I’m just tired of this guy making the same comment over and over again about McCown when McCown has done his whole career what Petty did today...LOSE.

Thank you McCown has been a losing QB for almost twenty years now, was a losing QB for the Jets and folks out here act like we lost John Elway or something!!!

The Battered Fan Syndrome on full display.  

The positive : it seemed like Petty seemed poised and much more cool and collective. There is no doubt that he has improved over the last year nothing and replaces real time game action.

The negative : he missed way too many gimme type passes...if he actually connected on them,  who knows what the outcome would have been. 

Conclusion: I'd grad him a C...he wasn't the sole reason they lost 

We finished like we should have, not great but 2 picks will be over analysed; a  garbage time throw and a deflected missed catch. Petty was OK; some good, some bad. Saw nothing that warrants Hack playing. Looked like his first game this year..imagine that?

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

The positive : it seemed like Petty seemed poised and much more cool and collective. There is no doubt that he has improved over the last year nothing and replaces real time game action.

The negative : he missed way too many gimme type passes...if he actually connected on them,  who knows what the outcome would have been. 

Conclusion: I'd grad him a C...he wasn't the sole reason they lost 

I thought he was awful. Inaccurate, many of them on easy throws with no pressure, numerous batted passes at LOS, poor decision making.  He may not have been the sole reason they lost but he was the biggest. 

6 minutes ago, usapaw said:

We finished like we should have, not great but 2 picks will be over analysed; a  garbage time throw and a deflected missed catch. Petty was OK; some good, some bad. Saw nothing that warrants Hack playing. Looked like his first game this year..imagine that?

He threw 37 times. How did you not see anything to warrent Hack starting? Petty threw at WR’s feet all day. He has two good throws in 37.

47 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Good:

The defense as a whole: To hold the Drew Brees led New Orleans Saints on the road to 24 points (last TD is garbage time so that means nothing to me) is a very solid effort. Much better than I thought would happen. Give some of them credit (later)

John Morton's game plan: Been saying this for several weeks now, to overcome the mediocrity of the Jets OL, you need to employ quick passes and screens. And that is what he called today. So good game plan.

Jamal Adams: Never seen a nice kid so hated by the fanbase as this kid, despite the fact that he has done all the right things and has had a solid rookie year. I remember Darrelle Revis as a kid struggling in coverage before Rex got there. Created a big turnover when the Saints could have blown them out.

The Bad & Ugly

1/2 Darron Lee. Got easily pushed around by Kamara and Ingram at the beginning of the game, settled down, and then had it happen again on the last drive, although as I said, it's garbage time so whatever,

Bryce Petty: Some people will blame the coaches. He threw 38 passes and completed half of them. That's not good. And that's on him.

The Jets were 15.5 point underdogs and lost by 11, 7 of those points came in garbage time.

IN a year when expectations are so low and you want to get the draft pick up there, this was a best case scenario.

petty not only didn't hit his throws but even if he had made them the receiver would've gotten clobbered. only game play will help him get better.

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I thought he was awful. Inaccurate, many of them on easy throws with no pressure, numerous batted passes at LOS, poor decision making.  He may not have been the sole reason they lost but he was the biggest. 

So what did you expect from a guy who got zero reps with the first team all year? Sound like a SOJF that expects to drat a rookie to come in and save the franchise next year...Ain't happening; ever. We were 16.5 underdogs and had them within victory with 4 minutes to go. Get over it.  

6 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So what did you expect from a guy who got zero reps with the first team all year? Sound like a SOJF that expects to drat a rookie to come in and save the franchise next year...Ain't happening; ever. We were 16.5 underdogs and had them within victory with 4 minutes to go. Get over it.  

I thought he was going to be better. This is his 3rd year in the league and he did play last year in some real games. I expected him to be more accurate and not look like a HS QB at times. He's a pro and he threw many passes low without any pressure. I wasn't expecting much but I was expecting more than he showed. You get over it. 

Archived