Thoughts

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So those wins against the Jags, Chiefs and Bills are feeling really good right now while we pray for the 8th pick in the draft when we could be sitting top-5 easily.  Josh McCown had one job...lose.  And he f-cked that up for the first time in his career.  SMH.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

My biggest takeaway from this game was the Saints looked like they were half a sleep and the Jets cared enough to try and win it.

The unfortunate part is they’re terrible in every single phase of the game.

I was listening on SIRIUS on the N.O. play by play and they kept making comments about how the turnovers are keeping a bad team in the game.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I was listening on SIRIUS on the N.O. play by play and they kept making comments about how the turnovers are keeping a bad team in the game.

The Jets were terrible but Saints were coughing the ball up.  The D had a stretch where they didn’t let the Saints get a 1st down for a few minutes but it didnt matter. 

I'll reserve judgement on Petty for another 2 weeks. He gets his 3 pitches to swing at.

I will say though that it's all too late IMO. Petty could have 10 TDs and 1 Int over the remainder and all he will be playing for is a roster spot. I think the tide of opinion and wanting to do something different, aggressive and brave means we'll take a QB high.

And if the team plays like it did today they will keep Bowles despite the record. They are playing for him. Only way in 14 days that Bowles goes is if it all really collapses or they have a big name already on the porch.

1 minute ago, The Walrus said:

And if the team plays like it did today they will keep Bowles despite the record. They are playing for him. Only way in 14 days that Bowles goes is if it all really collapses or they have a big name already on the porch.

They played like sh*t today. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

So those wins against the Jags, Chiefs and Bills are feeling really good right now while we pray for the 8th pick in the draft when we could be sitting top-5 easily.  Josh McCown had one job...lose.  And he f-cked that up for the first time in his career.  SMH.

Blame Maccagnan for signing McCown in the first place. If we had just gone with Petty and Hack we would have won 2 or less games and had our choice of QBs.

3 hours ago, Pennington said:

Blame Maccagnan for signing McCown in the first place. If we had just gone with Petty and Hack we would have won 2 or less games and had our choice of QBs.

That’s why I never bought this bs that we were tanking or rebuilding 

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

Out of curiosity, whats the difference between pick #5 and pick #8 in this coming draft?  Who can we get at 5 we can't at 8 that you want?

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

The even crazier more frustrating thing is those 3 teams are in the playoffs if they started today, and a combined 26-16 yet we beat all 3, and besides the late collapse against the Jags the Jets pretty much dominated those games (aside from 4 plays in the KC game, and the aforementioned final few minutes of the Jags game), and I also not only won’t be surprised if the Jets beat the Chargers next week I fully expect them to.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Out of curiosity, whats the difference between pick #5 and pick #8 in this coming draft?  Who can we get at 5 we can't at 8 that you want?

It’s actually the difference from pick 8-11 to tied with the Giants for pick #2 with 2 wins, think SOS tie breaker puts us 3rd in that scenario Giants .529, Jets .532, and Jets have 2 games left vs teams with a combined 18 wins while the Giants have 2 games left against teams with a combined 13 wins, BUT the Giants play the Cardinals who they can beat if they play the way they played last week, and then Jets lose out, and have the 2nd pick. 

15 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Bowles made the right choice playing McCown. The receivers looked like they were frustrated with Petty. Can't wait for the season is over, I just want to know our draft position.

I agree and this is the one thing I don't knock Bowles for.  Of course the problem is that McCown played so well that it took us forever to get eliminated.  Just good enough to f*ck us over in the draft.  But really, THIS is not Bowles fault. 

Now id Perry doesn't improve next week then we ought to see Hack week 17 but Bowles is a stubborn SOB so I dount that will happen. 

I'm so torn right now in the "dump Bowles vs continuity" argument......I really am.        

Archived